PDA

View Full Version : Ex-wife gets nearly $1B in divorce ruling

Teh One Who Knocks
11-11-2014, 11:51 AM
Kevin McCoy, USA TODAY

http://i.imgur.com/oAILEvo.jpg

Proving the truth of F. Scott Fitzgerald's maxim that the very rich "are different from you and me," the CEO of energy giant Continental Resources (CLR) was ordered Monday to pay his ex-wife nearly $1 billion in a divorce settlement.

Harold Hamm must pay Sue Ann Hamm $995.4 million in "property division alimony," under the order issued by Oklahoma County Judge Howard Haralson after a more than two-month divorce trial.

The 79-page ruling directs Harold Hamm to pay $322.7 million to Sue Ann Hamm by the end of the year, with minimum payments of $7 million each month starting in January to pay off the remaining balance.

Harold Hamm was awarded more than $2 billion in marital assets, including more than 122 million shares of Continental stock valued at nearly $1.3 billion.

Among the holdings the order awarded to Sue Ann Hamm were the couple's marital home in Oklahoma and most of its contents, with a combined value of more than $4.9 million, and a Carmel Valley, California ranch valued at nearly $17.5 million.

However, Harold Hamm was awarded ownership of "Star" and "Uno," two horses stabled at the ranch. They were valued at valued at $401,808, according to the order.

Although Sue Ann Hamm sought support alimony, Haralson's order denied that claim.

"No evidence was presented by petitioner that demonstrated a need on Wife's part for support above and beyond what she is receiving as her share of the marital estate," the judge wrote.

The couple had been married since 1988, and they had no children. Sue Ann Hamm filed for divorce in 2012, and the case went to trial in August.

Haralson ordered transcripts in the divorce case to be sealed and not released "except upon court order."

Although Hamm's marital split is large, it isn't the most expensive. Russian oligarch Dmitri Rybolovlev, dubbed the "Fertilizer King," was ordered to pay his ex-wife Elena roughly $4.5 billion in May.

"This is a fair and equitable outcome to the case. Out of respect for my family, we will have no further comment on the matter," Harold Hamm wrote in a statement emailed Monday to Forbes magazine, which estimated his post-ruling net worth as $14 billion.

RBP
11-11-2014, 12:04 PM
Poor woman.

perrhaps
11-11-2014, 02:19 PM
What, no alimony? I guess she'll have to buy catfood tuna instead of the real thing.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-11-2014, 02:21 PM
He couldn't have made his fortune without her at home

RBP
11-11-2014, 03:09 PM
He couldn't have made his fortune without her at home

Yes, those childless homes with a staff are a bitch. Rich kept women are SO unappreciated.

FBD
11-11-2014, 03:39 PM
I'm surprised with that amount of money at stake, she didnt have a unexpected slight case of death

PorkChopSandwiches
11-11-2014, 03:41 PM
:tup:

Behind every great man is an even greater woman

Teh One Who Knocks
11-11-2014, 03:59 PM
What, no alimony? I guess she'll have to buy catfood tuna instead of the real thing.

She gets a nearly $1 billion settlement and she still had the nerve to request alimony :shakehead:

At least the judge denied the request.

Hugh_Janus
11-11-2014, 07:18 PM
I think the current ex mrs ecclestone got a better deal than her. afaik she got EVERYTHING :lol:

Hal-9000
11-11-2014, 07:27 PM
that lawyer must have cum in his pants...

and yes, we know that woman never lifted a rag once or washed a dish in her lifetime...

Muddy
11-11-2014, 09:51 PM
Good, this crook steals money from the public, let someone steal it back from him.