PDA

View Full Version : Puxton Park refuses single people entry over paedophile fears

Teh One Who Knocks
11-11-2014, 12:25 PM
News.com.au

http://i.imgur.com/u31HFPc.jpg

AN ENGLISH theme park has barred all single people from entering — just in case they are a paedophile.

Puxton Park, a family-friendly theme park in a coastal town west of London, has a policy of not allowing single men or women through its gates in order to protect the children inside.

Grandfather Matthew Richards, 54, said he was shocked to be refused admission when he attempted to see a falconry display on Thursday.

“I was frankly amazed,” he told the Western Gazette.

“We have taken one of our grandchildren there before, and I saw that the falconry was there and thought it would be interesting to go back and see the displays.

“I almost feel discriminated against.”

Mr Richards, a bird enthusiast, was doubly annoyed because he had travelled 40km to see the display.

The park’s managing director, Alistair Mead, has defended the rule, which has been in place since it opened seven years ago.

“There is a lot in the headlines about paedophiles and things that are going on with children,” he told the Western Gazette.

“We have done our research and, in line with all other parks, we don’t let single men or women in.

“I think if I did a survey of 100 of our customers they would agree that we are doing the right thing.”

Mr Mead said single people could see the falconry by prior appointment.

The rule is buried in Puxton’s Park’s website under a long list in the prices section: “We are sorry but we are unable to let single men or women without children into the park.”

RBP
11-11-2014, 12:29 PM
They should be more concerned about the 96% of sexual assaults that are by family or people known to the victim. It is WAY more likely that the pedophile brought his own victim than it is he is going to get one at the park.