PDA

View Full Version : Whoopi Goldberg Defends Bill Cosby In Latest Sexual Assault Allegations

Teh One Who Knocks
11-18-2014, 03:33 PM
By Lisa Fogarty - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/VBMd0Pt.jpg

While most of the nation has been beating up Bill Cosby for the numerous sexual assault and rape allegations against him – including one involving a woman named Barbara Bowman who recently came forward and claimed he drugged and sexually assaulted her in 1985 – one person with star power is defending him: Whoopi Goldberg.

The View host slammed Bowman on the show, saying her allegations against Cosby are questionable because the woman failed to go to police and ask to be tested so she could prove she was raped, reports the Daily Mail.

“Perhaps the police might have believed it,” Goldberg said. “Or the hospital. Don’t you do a kit when you say someone has raped you?”

Bowman, who was an aspiring model and actress at the time, says she didn’t go to police after an attorney reportedly laughed at her claims that Cosby sexually assaulted her multiple times. She says she didn’t even tell her mother about the incident because she assumed the actor was too powerful for anyone to take action against him.

Bowman claims she was only 17 when Cosby allegedly drugged her while she was at his New York home drinking a glass of wine. She claims that when she woke up, she was wearing a man’s T-shirt and her underwear. She says she believed she was sexually assaulted while drugged.

The woman claims Cosby assaulted her a second time in his Atlantic City suite in 1987 by pinning her down and trying to tape her.

“Quite honestly, look, I’m sorry, having been on both sides of this where people allege that you do something – it doesn’t matter now,” Goldberg said. “The cat is out of the bag, people have it in their head. I have a lot of questions for the lady, maybe she’ll come on.”

To date, 13 women have signed their names on to a 2005 lawsuit brought on my Andrea Constand, who accused Cosby of drugging and sexually assaulting her in his mansion in 2004 and settled with him out of court. Cosby’s attorney denies that his client assaulted either Bowman or Joan Tarshis, a writer who claimed this week that Cosby drugged and sexually assaulted her twice.

Goldberg says that Cosby’s previous settlement does not automatically mean he is guilty of these recent charges.

“You have to really take a minute and follow the evidence – follow what happened,” Goldberg said. “We’ll know when we know. That’s what I know.”

RBP
11-18-2014, 04:13 PM
Same thing with Michael Jackson and those lying children!