PDA

View Full Version : Victoria's Secret's Sara Sampaio Slams Skinny-Shaming Bullies: ''I Probably Eat More Burgers Than You''

Teh One Who Knocks
11-18-2014, 07:43 PM
by Alyssa Toomey - E! Online

http://i.imgur.com/u7rMzXL.jpg

Less than a month after Victoria's Secret's "Perfect Body" campaign sparked outraged, one of the brand's famous faces has found herself at the center of another controversy.

Victoria's Secret model Sara Sampaio, who is expected to rock the catwalk at the upcoming annual fashion show, is firing back at her haters after the fashion model claimed she received endless criticism for her super skinny frame.

The Portuguese beauty originally took to Instagram to slam her body shaming bullies following the cruel remarks made by fellow social media users.

"I'm proud of my body and I'm not gonna let any of you bully me just because I'm skinny! Every body is different, and every metabolism is different!" she began her lengthy rant, which was accompanied by a pin-thin bikini selfie. "I eat a lot, so next time u decide to tell me to eat a burger remember I probably eat more burgers than you, I've always been skinnier, and probably will always be, I workout, I'm healthy and I'm happy!"

She continued, noting that she doesn't criticize anyone who is overweight while suggesting that there is a double standard when it comes to a woman's body.

"The amount of hate I see thrown at me and to other model friends that I know are naturally skinny it's ridiculous!" she wrote. "U don't see us shaming other types of bodies so please don't come and shame ours! Be happy with ur body and stop shaming others! Whether they are skinny, fat, fit, with big boobs, small boobs etc! Don't share hate! Be happy."

While the model's main point is fair—body-shaming, regardless of one's size, is cruel and inappropriate—she seemed to contradict her message of acceptance when Victoria's Secret uploaded a video to Instagram in a promo for the fashion show, in which Sara admits she's envious of fellow model Candice Swanepoel's frams.

"Knowing your body type," Sara Sampaio begins. "If I put a picture of Candice and like I want to have that body. Not in a million years I'm gonna have that body because my bone structure is not built like her."

http://i.imgur.com/24AHSsc.jpg

While the video is branded as a means to promote body acceptance—the caption reads, "Don't stress about what someone else has—love what u got! @sarasampiano #VSFashionShow #KnowYourBody #ModelTalk"—many are accusing Sampaio of back tracking on her previous sentiments encouraging woman to be confident.

Jezebel even posted the Instagram video on their site with a headline which read, "Helpful Victoria's Secret Reminder: Even Models Hate Themselves" and Sampiano slammed the article in a lengthy Facebook post.

"Dear Erin from Jezebel," she began. "i don't hate myself! I was actually taught by my family to respect and love myself and indeed others!...I have a lot of young girls that look up to me as a young woman and role model. i have been criticized for being too skinny and judged purely on my looks. I have been vocal because i believe as women we are all beautiful and no matter what we look like we deserve to respect ourselves and be respected and loved by other.

"The title of your article states that i hate myself," she continued. "to the contrary i love myself like i am. I can also look at another woman and admire her beauty. In fact i admire the beauty of many women from all areas of life, not only Candice's...As women we need to stand together. we are judge and objectified often enough by men. Here is to your feminism."

Hal-9000
11-18-2014, 07:51 PM
yes and diet pills, using the feather and cocaine have nothing to do with your skinny bod baby :rolleyes:

PorkChopSandwiches
11-18-2014, 08:07 PM
Some people are just naturally "fit looking", I was listening to a whole thing about how everyone's body processes and handles the same food differently. Which explains why my wife and can eat and drink anything she wants and never gain a pound, but I watch her do it and put on weight :lol:

Oh and.....

http://i.imgur.com/iWOCOet.gif

Hal-9000
11-18-2014, 08:38 PM
I gain a pound just watching an Arby's commercial :lol:

Muddy
11-18-2014, 08:39 PM
I would lick her gaping cervix.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-18-2014, 08:41 PM
Some people are just naturally "fit looking", I was listening to a whole thing about how everyone's body processes and handles the same food differently. Which explains why my wife and can eat and drink anything she wants and never gain a pound, but I watch her do it and put on weight :lol:

I gain a pound just watching an Arby's commercial :lol:

Yeah, people with high metabolisms don't know how lucky they are :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
11-18-2014, 08:43 PM
Yeah, people with high metabolisms don't know how lucky they are :lol:

Yeah, its annoying :lol:

Hal-9000
11-18-2014, 08:54 PM
and eating less healthy food catches up with some of us when you hit late 30's/40's/etc...

I used to eat 6 times a day, anything I wanted and stay at a muscular 185-190lbs...

Now I eat some cookies late at night and BAM, 214 lbs on the scale :lol:

Muddy
11-18-2014, 08:57 PM
I was 130 lbs in high school.. Now I am 200.. :d

It didnt happen until I was in my mid 30's.

DemonGeminiX
11-18-2014, 09:55 PM
I was 130 lbs in high school.. Now I am 200.. :d

It didnt happen until I was in my mid 30's.

Same story here. I weighed about 110 in my freshman year, finished at 130 my senior year. I weight about 175 right now and I didn't start putting on the weight until I hit 33 or 34.

DemonGeminiX
11-18-2014, 09:56 PM
And she's really hot.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-18-2014, 09:56 PM
I was like 120 when I was tweaking :dance:

Hal-9000
11-18-2014, 10:45 PM
damn...I was 175 when I was in grade 4 (weird growth spurt, 5'11'' by grade 5) :oops:

and since I can remember I've always been heavy or 'dense' as my friends like to say :lol:

fatty from grade 4 to grade 8...worked my ass off at a community college 3 times a week from grade 8 to grade 10...in total shape from grade 10 to early 30's....then the pork-devil cursed me again in my 40's :x

damn you Satan :shakefist:

Satan
11-18-2014, 11:45 PM
damn...I was 175 when I was in grade 4 (weird growth spurt, 5'11'' by grade 5) :oops:

and since I can remember I've always been heavy or 'dense' as my friends like to say :lol:

fatty from grade 4 to grade 8...worked my ass off at a community college 3 times a week from grade 8 to grade 10...in total shape from grade 10 to early 30's....then the pork-devil cursed me again in my 40's :x

damn you Satan :shakefist:

:nana:

deebakes
11-19-2014, 12:02 AM
i have weighed 180 for about 10 years, regardless of what i eat :oops:

Hal-9000
11-19-2014, 12:04 AM
i have weighed 180 for about 10 years, regardless of what i eat :oops:

But you're like 6'7'' aren't you Ichabod?

deebakes
11-19-2014, 12:20 AM
6'3" :lol: