PDA

View Full Version : (IRS Agents Can Even Pose as Clergy)

FBD
11-18-2014, 07:49 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/16/us/more-federal-agencies-are-using-undercover-operations.html?_r=0

Those guidelines apply only to the law enforcement agencies overseen by the Justice Department. Within the Treasury Department, undercover agents at the I.R.S., for example, appear to have far more latitude than do those at many other agencies. I.R.S. rules say that, with prior approval, “an undercover employee or cooperating private individual may pose as an attorney, physician, clergyman or member of the news media.”

Across the federal government, undercover work has become common enough that undercover agents sometimes find themselves investigating a supposed criminal who turns out to be someone from a different agency, law enforcement officials said. In a few situations, agents have even drawn their weapons on each other before realizing that both worked for the federal government.

- From the New York Times article: More Federal Agencies Are Using Undercover Operations

FBD
11-18-2014, 07:52 PM
A Supreme Court spokesman, citing a policy of not discussing security practices, declined to talk about the use of undercover officers. Mr. German, the former F.B.I. undercover agent, said he was troubled to learn that the Supreme Court routinely used undercover officers to pose as demonstrators and monitor large protests.

“There is a danger to democracy,” he said, “in having police infiltrate protests when there isn’t a reasonable basis to suspect criminality.”

PorkChopSandwiches
11-18-2014, 08:09 PM
Maybe next time they will shoot each other

FBD
11-18-2014, 08:14 PM
yeah, and maybe the american people will revolt and throw the money changers out of the temple, too

:rofl:

that'll happen

Teh One Who Knocks
11-18-2014, 08:19 PM
(Why is the thread title in parenthesis?)

Teh One Who Knocks
11-18-2014, 08:20 PM
(Maybe I will start posting like this)

Muddy
11-18-2014, 08:23 PM
(shhh) (It's a wabbit.. be vewwy vewwy qwiet)

PorkChopSandwiches
11-18-2014, 08:27 PM
He's hugging the thread

FBD
11-18-2014, 09:17 PM
:shrug: I dunno, just pointing out that an illegally created government extortion group is allowed to impersonate anyone for any reason...and dont give me that contrived shit about "well, they passed the 16th amendment, so that means its constitutional"....because you know got damn well constitutionality aint a requirement, its merely a legalese hurdle.

DemonGeminiX
11-18-2014, 11:04 PM
(shhh) (It's a wabbit.. be vewwy vewwy qwiet)

http://i.imgur.com/lZhrcRO.jpg