PDA

View Full Version : After Posting Pictures Of Homeland Security Trucks On Facebook, Man Fired And Called A Terrorist

Teh One Who Knocks
11-19-2014, 01:23 PM
By Dominic Kelly - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/loYyMdo.jpg

A U.S. Navy veteran was allegedly fired from his hotel job after posting photos and video on social media showing several dozen Homeland Security vehicles in a parking garage. To make matters worse, he was also accused of being a terrorist.

According to reports, Mark Paffrath, an employee at the Drury Plaza Hotel in Chesterfield, Missouri, noticed several dozen Homeland Security vehicles parked in a garage after he was done with work, so out of curiosity, he posted some photos and a short video on Facebook.

“Why are all the cop cars here…I wonder if it has anything to do with Ferguson,” said Paffrath in his Facebook post.

The next day, Paffrath returned to work and was immediately called to his boss’s office. When he entered manager Jeff Barker’s office, Paffrath was told that he needed to remove all photos and video of the cars from Facebook, so he did so right away without issue. He finished his shift and all was normal, but the following day, John Bohnert, director of security for Drury Hotels Company, LLC, was waiting for him.

“Mark told ASN that Mr. Bohnert advised him that his Facebook posts almost cost the company a $150,000 contract with the Department of Homeland Security and because of this he was being terminated,” reported Argus News Now.

http://i.imgur.com/URcGTGV.jpg

In addition to informing Paffrath that he was fired, Bohnert also reportedly said, “You're a terrorist and you have dishonorably served your country by posting the photos and video.”

When Paffrath told Bohnert that he didn’t put the location of the Homeland Security trucks with the post, the security director said that anybody could click on his name and find out where he works. By the end of their conversation, Bohnert threatened Paffrath that if he reposted the pictures and video on social media, “you will have the federal government knocking on your door and you will be incarcerated.”

Paffrath didn’t heed Bohnert’s advice, however, and decided to repost a couple of pictures. It’s not clear if the government actually came knocking, however.

FBD
11-19-2014, 02:16 PM
The only terrorists here are the ones running the government. Its pretty fuggin obvious Paffrath got a call from someone and was intimidated.

Hal-9000
11-19-2014, 04:53 PM
so he posted pics of security vehicles and their reasoning was 'anyone can see where you work' ...and he works at a hotel....

so the feds don't want people to know that homeland security is keeping them safe no matter where they are?

what's the reason for the big secret?

PorkChopSandwiches
11-19-2014, 05:03 PM
He needs to file a lawsuit

FBD
11-19-2014, 05:34 PM
so he posted pics of security vehicles and their reasoning was 'anyone can see where you work' ...and he works at a hotel....

so the feds don't want people to know that homeland security is keeping them safe no matter where they are?

what's the reason for the big secret?

because homeland security was established upon a false premise

never struck you as odd how quickly they had the patriot act written up? there was still molten metal in the basement of 9-11 when it became law.

Hal-9000
11-19-2014, 08:44 PM
I guess I don't understand the possible dangers/exposure the Homerland guys are trying to cite by screwing this guy...

they can't even come up with a good lie to explain why he lost his job or the contract was threatened? :lol:

FBD
11-19-2014, 10:14 PM
of course not, not when we're talking about agents of the federal army coming around to intimidate people

http://c10.nrostatic.com/sites/default/files/uploaded/Stasi%202.jpg

RBP
11-19-2014, 11:56 PM
He needs to file a lawsuit

Would you fire an employee for posting pictures of your workplace that had security implications?

Just curious. I might.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-20-2014, 12:16 AM
He worked at a hotel, and is taking picks of what I would have to assume is a public parking lot. So no

RBP
11-20-2014, 01:15 AM
He worked at a hotel, and is taking picks of what I would have to assume is a public parking lot. So no

I assumed it was the hotel lot. They were parked at the hotel. Publishing guest vehicle information, particularly a large police presence, has potential consequences for the hotel.

deebakes
11-20-2014, 01:31 AM
my question, what person thinks their lives are so damn important that they need to document what they see on a day to day basis for their "friends"? i see all kinds of weird shit, but i don't think anybody really cares :shrug:

FBD
11-20-2014, 02:09 PM
:shrug: I guess you could classify the capture of our government as "weird shit"

RBP
11-20-2014, 06:33 PM
:shrug: I guess you could classify the capture of our government as "weird shit"
That's not the point. Private citizen action is different than employee action. You have no free speech rights at work.

FBD
11-20-2014, 06:41 PM
my point was that when the out of control government wants to intimidate someone, it does it in spades with a handful of jokers up their sleeves.

would this have been a big deal 10, 15, 20 years ago? :lol: yeah, that's what I thought.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-20-2014, 06:44 PM
That's not the point. Private citizen action is different than employee action. You have no free speech rights at work.

:hand: He was off work ;)

Teh One Who Knocks
11-20-2014, 06:48 PM

He was on company property

RBP
11-20-2014, 08:22 PM

He was on company property
As I sit in the parking lot of a prison, I assure you I would lose my job if I started photographing vehicles. Government property, government rules. Hotel property, hotel rules.

FBD
11-20-2014, 08:50 PM
no big deal without police state,
with police state, they declare you a terrist