PDA

View Full Version : Fifth-Grader Suspended from School for Imaginary Ray Gun

Teh One Who Knocks
11-20-2014, 11:47 AM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/iKVywww.jpg

Nickolas Taylor, a fifth-grader at Stacy Middle School in Milford, Massachusetts, was recently suspended for two days for pointing an imaginary ray gun and making laser noises.

“I think this is very slanderous toward Nickolas and his character,” Nickolas' father, Brian Taylor, told the Milford Daily News. “It was non-threatening. He’s just a typical boy with an imagination.”

“He's confused as to why he got suspended,” added Brian. “He doesn’t realize he did something wrong.”

Brian said that Stacy Middle School assistant principal Noah Collins claimed that two girls told him that Nickolas pointed the imaginary ray gun at the them and mouthed "pew-pew" sounds.

Neither Collins, principal Nancy Angelini or superintendent Robert Tremblay returned calls to the Milford Daily News or the Boston Globe about the incident.

While the school handbook does list toy weapons as a violation of school policy, there is no mention of imaginary objects.

Nickolas, who has been diagnosed with ADHD, confirmed that he was standing behind the girls, but added that he was not purposely aiming his imaginary ray gun at them.

Brian said he spoke to Collins on Monday, but the suspension was not lifted and will remain on his son's school record.

“[Collins] just kept saying it was against policy,” Brian told the Boston Globe. “He wouldn’t see the common sense.”

Brian is considering home-schooling his son.

FBD
11-20-2014, 02:25 PM
Brian should most certainly do his son the favor

deebakes
11-20-2014, 02:35 PM
:facepalm:

PorkChopSandwiches
11-20-2014, 04:38 PM

deebakes
11-20-2014, 11:14 PM

:porky:

Hal-9000
11-21-2014, 02:16 AM
I love the kid's attempt at defense

"...confirmed that he was standing behind the girls, but added that he was not purposely aiming his imaginary ray gun at them."

:lol: