PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Cop Just Shot a 12-Year-Old Boy For Holding A BB-Gun

Pony
11-23-2014, 10:30 AM
Please read both articles before replying- Pony

Article #1

There seems to be something about Ohio police officers shooting innocent people with BB-guns. In a breaking story, Cleveland Police have just shot a 12-year-old boy in the stomach. Their reason? He was holding a BB-gun.

We spoke with police representatives at the First District Cleveland Police Department but they were unwilling to say much other than the basics.

They acknowledge that a 12-year-old was shot in the stomach by a First District officer. They would not reveal the name of that officer. When we asked them if the child was armed, they hesitated and said “we really can’t say.”

This would seem to indicate that this was a shooting of an unarmed child by police.

We asked further if they could tell us why the officer opened fire on the child. They told us that they are not willing to speak about those details at this time.

But other sources on the scene tell us he was shot at the park outside Cudell Recreation Center this afternoon, and that he had a BB gun, which police said they believed was real.

The child is in stable condition, according to the Cleveland EMS workers we spoke with. We will bring you more details as they become available.

Article #2

12-year-old shot in officer-involved shooting at Cleveland rec center
Posted: Nov 22, 2014 4:21 PM EST

CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - Cleveland Police are investigating after an officer-involved shooting at a Cleveland rec center on Saturday afternoon.

Cleveland EMS says a 12-year-old boy was shot and taken to MetroHealth Medical Center with serious injuries. According to his mother, Samaria Rice, the boy is now in critical condition after being shot in the stomach. He is currently in surgery.

The shooting happened around 3:30 p.m. at Cudell Rec Center located at 1910 West Boulevard. The facility has been taped off while units investigate, including the Cleveland Division of Police Use of Deadly Force Investigation Team.
MORE
Wheel of Justice segments

Cleveland Police say officers responded to a radio assignment outside of the rec center for a male with a gun. Preliminary information reveals that witnesses reported a male was in the playground area of the center, waving a gun and pointing it at people.

Police say when officers arrived, they located the suspect and advised him to raise his hands. However, the suspect did not comply with the officers' orders and reached to his waistband for the gun. Shots were fired and the suspect was struck in the torso.

"The young man had the weapon in his waistband. He pulled the weapon out. One of our officers fired two shots, striking the young man," said Deputy Chief Ed Tomba with Cleveland Police.

Tomba said the boy did not make any verbal threats towards police, and there was no confrontation. The boy did not point the gun at officers.

Further information from police reveals the weapon was an "airsoft" type replica gun, resembling a semi-automatic pistol, with the orange safety indicator removed.

According to police, one officer was transported to Fairview Hospital for treatment of an ankle injury.

The Cuyahoga County Prosecutor's Office was on scene for this investigation, which is ongoing. Police say both officers involved will be placed on administrative leave, as is protocol in officer-involved shooting incidents.
According to Rice, they live across the street from the rec center. She says two young men came to her residence to say her son was shot. When she ran over to the scene, police would not let her through. Rice says police told her the boy had a gun and that he was shot by police.
However, Rice says her son did not have access to a gun in the home. She says if he did get a gun, it would have had to have come from a friend or someone on the street.

She says she still does not understand why her son was shot.

Police recovered this gun, which turned out to be an "airsoft" type replica gun resembling a semi-automatic pistol, with the orange safety indicator removed. (Source: WOIO)
http://i.imgur.com/tgqwLSL.jpg

Goofy
11-23-2014, 10:59 AM
The gun looks pretty real to me.......... but then i've only actually seen one handgun up close :lol:

Pony
11-23-2014, 11:53 AM
Yea, I was just annoyed at the crap in the first article, are they trying to get people fired up and cause violence and rioting?

Loser
11-23-2014, 12:27 PM
Here's the rub.

Jack ass gang members have been painting their guns to look like the toy counterparts for years.

So when shit like this happens. Can't really blame the officer.

RBP
11-23-2014, 01:46 PM
Sounds pretty straight forward.

Report of active gunman
Suspect told to put his hands in the air
Suspect fails to comply
Suspect pulls a weapon from his waistband instead
Suspect gets shot

:dunno:

Goofy
11-23-2014, 02:08 PM
Sounds pretty straight forward.

Report of active gunman
Suspect told to put his hands in the air
Suspect fails to comply
Suspect pulls a weapon from his waistband instead
Suspect gets shot

:dunno:

Pretty much the way i see it too :) The age is irrelevant.

Oofty Goofty
11-23-2014, 02:14 PM
Pretty much the way i see it too :) The age is irrelevant.

Yep, a 12 year old with a gun can kill you dead just as easily as a 30 year old with a gun.

redred
11-23-2014, 04:13 PM
seems like we all agree on this one :tup: now wheres fbd

FBD
11-23-2014, 04:49 PM
agreeing, mothafucka :razz:

:lol:

redred
11-23-2014, 05:03 PM

Hal-9000
11-23-2014, 05:30 PM

there was great episode of Southland featuring a cop chasing a perp through some suburban backyards...she saw another guy wearing the same type of hoodie, he brandished an airsoft gun and she shot him...the only question in the TV episode was - did the airsoft gun still have the orange tip on it when she shot...

Pony
11-23-2014, 05:44 PM
Update:

CLEVELAND (AP) — A 12-year-old boy brandishing what turned out to be a fake gun is dead after being shot by a Cleveland police officer.

An attorney for the family says the boy died early Sunday morning at a hospital.

The shooting happened Saturday after officers responded to reports of a male with a gun. A man who called 911 told dispatchers that the boy was at a recreation center pointing a pistol that was "probably fake" and scaring everyone.

Police say the officer fired two shots after the boy pulled the fake weapon from his waistband. The orange safety indicator had been removed from the barrel.

Investigators say the boy did not point the fake pistol at officers but reached for it after being told to raise his hands.

Pony
11-23-2014, 05:45 PM
agreeing, mothafucka :razz:

Hal-9000
11-23-2014, 06:00 PM
http://i.imgur.com/odE0Kx6.png

PorkChopSandwiches
11-23-2014, 07:06 PM
That gun looks like the real deal. Shouldn't have pulled it out #Darwinism

FBD
11-23-2014, 08:01 PM
#stillfavor100%opencarry as a much better solution than having cops go around shooting anyone that might even remotely appear to be a threat

Goofy
11-23-2014, 08:36 PM
#stillfavor100%opencarry as a much better solution than having cops go around shooting anyone that might even remotely appear to be a threat

You know, cops don't go around shooting people at all over here :tup: In fact, hardly anyone goes around shooting people over here :-k

#ohnogundebate :doh:

RBP
11-23-2014, 08:37 PM
You know, cops don't go around shooting people at all over here :tup: In fact, hardly anyone goes around shooting people over here :-k

#ohnogundebate :doh:

http://i.imgur.com/4p9dWzS.png

redred
11-27-2014, 07:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpfMFSc4ggY#t=68

Hal-9000
11-27-2014, 07:36 PM
I read a short story years ago by a cop. He described getting a call to possibly apprehend someone. The entire incident took place within 10 minutes, walking down a back alley.

It was one of the scariest stories I've read and gave the reader a good sense of walking into the unknown.

For most cops, the majority of calls involve not knowing what is actually happening at the scene.

Not trying to say all cops are angels, but they live and work in a different world than us. I think it's important to remember that before judging someone on their actions.

Pony
11-27-2014, 11:18 PM
They've been protesting this here, blocked a highway on ramp yesterday. The media is reporting about the innocent child "playing with a toy" shot by police. People are getting pretty fired up.

KevinD
11-28-2014, 04:19 AM
Watched the vid. Hard to tell. Looks like the cop acted way quick. That said, (never been a cop) but, due to various training and situations I have been in, as Hal alluded to, it's a different world, and can NOT be judged under civilian guidelines. Yes, I've been shot at, and have shot back. I didn't miss.

Loser
11-28-2014, 04:44 AM
The video is sped up. That's why it looks quick.

He actually shouted several times from the window while pulling up to put your hands up.

Moron reached for what officers thought was a gun... Dispatcher did NOT mention it could possibly be a toy.

As I've said before, and continue to say.

http://i62.tinypic.com/ih1wt1.jpg