PDA

View Full Version : Grand jury in Ferguson case does not indict officer in Michael Brown shooting

DemonGeminiX
11-25-2014, 02:54 AM
DEVELOPING – A grand jury in St. Louis County on Monday declined to indict the Ferguson police officer who shot and killed an unarmed black teenager in August in a case that touched off nationwide protests and cries of police brutality.

The 12-person grand jury -- which was comprised of nine whites and three blacks -- had been meeting once a week in secret for months, hearing evidence from a wide variety of witnesses as it decided whether Darren Wilson should have faced charges that ranged from involuntary manslaughter to murder in the death of Michael Brown, 18.

Wilson, 28, shot and killed Brown on a Ferguson, Mo. street following a scuffle on Aug. 9 as the teenager and a friend walked back from a convenience store. Brown's body lay in the street for four hours in the summer heat, and neighbors later lashed out at authorities, saying they mistreated the body.

Witnesses later said that Brown had his hands raised and was trying to surrender when Wilson approached with his gun and fired repeatedly. Several media organizations, citing sources they didn't identify, have reported Wilson told grand jurors Brown was coming at him aggressively.

The shooting triggered riots and looting in and around the Ferguson area, and police responded to protesters with armored vehicles and tear gas. Protests continued for weeks -- often peacefully, but sometimes turning violent, with demonstrators throwing rocks and Molotov cocktails and police firing smoke canisters, tear gas and rubber bullets.

At times, the debate surrounding the shooting has focused as much on authorities' response -- which also featured officers equipped with military style gear, including armored vehicles, body armor and assault rifles -- as the shooting itself.

As the nation awaited the announcement, authorities had stepped up security at the downtown courthouse in the St. Louis County seat of Clayton. Barricades were erected around the building, and more than 20 Missouri state troopers were seen silently assembling with rifles, 3-foot batons, riot shields and other equipment. Some nearby businesses boarded up their windows, just as many shops have already done near the site of Brown's death in Ferguson.

Pastors earlier Monday were planning a rally and prayer service at the West Side Missionary Baptist Church in St. Louis.

"There's a lot of hurt, a lot of brokenness. There's anger and frustration on every side," said the Rev. Ronald Bobo Sr., the church's pastor. "We need the hand of God to lead us and guide us."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

deebakes
11-25-2014, 03:21 AM
riots in 3...2...1... :(

DemonGeminiX
11-25-2014, 03:28 AM
It's already started...

RBP
11-25-2014, 04:48 AM
O'Reilly auto parts is being looted. :lol:

DemonGeminiX
11-25-2014, 05:07 AM
Is anything going down in Chi-town?

Loser
11-25-2014, 05:23 AM
They've burned 80% of the businesses in ferguson...

"Civilized"

Now you understand why I moved away from major cities.

Good luck RBP. Wouldn't eat any restaurant food for a while :lol:

DemonGeminiX
11-25-2014, 05:31 AM
Wouldn't eat any restaurant food for a while :lol:

:shock:

Loser
11-25-2014, 07:01 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Px5sTfl.jpg

DemonGeminiX
11-25-2014, 07:50 AM
They just showed the Police Chief give a statement on the ground. These people are fucking animals.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-25-2014, 10:57 AM
http://i.imgur.com/RRna1lb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/boPxP0d.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9La2e6y.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/BjgYnxH.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
11-25-2014, 11:00 AM
http://i.imgur.com/GF97H4E.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/fl9Wixl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Ux53BpX.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1nW3Z64.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9uP9lYK.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/L4DMUyT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8XL2bQx.jpg

Muddy
11-25-2014, 11:46 AM
Bunch of fucking animals... This is why the police have para military vehicles, FBD....

Pony
11-25-2014, 12:30 PM
I saw a witness say he saw many of the "peaceful" protesters covering their faces before the verdict was even read, they were gonna riot either way.

RBP
11-25-2014, 12:33 PM
Damn, looks like a lot happened since I went to bed.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-25-2014, 12:33 PM
I saw a witness say he saw many of the "peaceful" protesters covering their faces before the verdict was even read, they were gonna riot either way.

Yeah, not sure why "peaceful" protesters need to wear masks :confused:

Muddy
11-25-2014, 01:33 PM
Fuck these people..

FBD
11-25-2014, 02:54 PM
Bunch of fucking animals... This is why the police have para military vehicles, FBD....

Because they have created a situation by which "they need to subdue some folks" :lol:

Sorry but from what I've read of officer wilson and the rest of the jackass crew in ferguson, they all had this coming sooner or later one way or another. Curious nobody replies to things they dont want to see, so the pretty fucked up statistics I put in the other thread that give an example of what can only be considered as police harassment on the population.

“Despite Ferguson’s relative poverty, fines and court fees comprise the second largest source of revenue for the city, a total of 2,635,400,” according to the ArchCity Defenders report. And in 2013, the Ferguson Municipal Court issued 24,532 arrest warrants and 12,018 cases, “or about 3 warrants and 1.5 cases per household.”

I'm sorry, but 3 warrants per household in a year's time is just about statistically impossible without having a police force that's going after the population in any way it can.

Brown's friend says this happened because Wilson hit Brown with the door after pulling up right next to them and accosting them for fuggin jaywalking of all things. The owner of the shop says that wasnt Brown who robbed him, the police botched their process like mad and brown was lying on the street 4 hours after they shot him - why? Because Wilson knew he fucked up and didnt have a good story to tell - the police "got their suspect" and information about the store owner saying it wasnt brown was suppressed. That is lie by omission.

Yet the story remains that Brown was a thug - why, for having no respect for a police force who obviously had no respect for their citizenry?

Remember, the last force Wilson was on - the entire fuggin police force was fired outright.

I agree its not a good idea to provoke a cop - but at the same time, cops are not above the law and they do not possess the right to make you hold your nose, jump on one foot, and make gorilla noises for their simple fucking entertainment.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-25-2014, 03:20 PM
Here's a simple fact, if Brown hadn't been a thug and a criminal, he'd be alive today. End of.

FBD
11-25-2014, 03:23 PM
:lol: terrists did 911 and the government didnt know, either :lol: :rofl:

Muddy
11-25-2014, 03:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/b5KKZOf.jpg

Loser
11-25-2014, 03:35 PM
You know what I get from all this?

I'm going to be cooking my own food for a while and not eating out, because about 30 million blacks are pretty fucking jaded right now :lol:

FBD
11-25-2014, 03:35 PM
:beatdown::beatdown::beatdown::beatdown::beatdown: :beatdown::beatdown::beatdown::beatdown::beatdown: :beatdown::beatdown::beatdown::beatdown::beatdown: :beatdown::beatdown::beatdown::beatdown::beatdown: :beatdown::beatdown::beatdown::beatdown::beatdown: :beatdown::beatdown::beatdown::beatdown::beatdown:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-25-2014, 03:42 PM
You know what I get from all this?

I'm going to be cooking my own food for a while and not eating out, because about 30 million blacks are pretty fucking jaded right now :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/uELp10Z.jpg

Loser
11-25-2014, 04:06 PM
Don't hate me because you motherfuckers gotta cook now...or eat "seasoned" food.....:lol:

RBP
11-25-2014, 04:14 PM
Because they have created a situation by which "they need to subdue some folks" :lol:

Sorry but from what I've read of officer wilson and the rest of the jackass crew in ferguson, they all had this coming sooner or later one way or another. Curious nobody replies to things they dont want to see, so the pretty fucked up statistics I put in the other thread that give an example of what can only be considered as police harassment on the population.

I'm sorry, but 3 warrants per household in a year's time is just about statistically impossible without having a police force that's going after the population in any way it can.

Brown's friend says this happened because Wilson hit Brown with the door after pulling up right next to them and accosting them for fuggin jaywalking of all things. The owner of the shop says that wasnt Brown who robbed him, the police botched their process like mad and brown was lying on the street 4 hours after they shot him - why? Because Wilson knew he fucked up and didnt have a good story to tell - the police "got their suspect" and information about the store owner saying it wasnt brown was suppressed. That is lie by omission.

Yet the story remains that Brown was a thug - why, for having no respect for a police force who obviously had no respect for their citizenry?

Remember, the last force Wilson was on - the entire fuggin police force was fired outright.

I agree its not a good idea to provoke a cop - but at the same time, cops are not above the law and they do not possess the right to make you hold your nose, jump on one foot, and make gorilla noises for their simple fucking entertainment.
The grand jury heard it all and disagrees with you. The feds have reviewed the civil rights issue and seem to disagree with you so far. But you know best.

FBD
11-25-2014, 05:00 PM
The grand jury was presented with formats of information :shrug: Officers fudged shit and it was excused away, what the hell do you want me to think? I look at the data, see what it says, see police harassing citizens and being absolute dicks to everyone and fining them for any little thing, cops act like they're above the law, and then people wonder why less and less people have any respect for someone with a badge these days?

Fuck that, a badge these days is a license to steal and badger people into behaving how you want them to, and you even get to employ all sorts of training on how to get people to willingly give up their civil rights.

Not that there arent a couple good apples in that orchard. But then again, this is just another case of you guys watching the TV and agreeing with whatever's presented to you because its from the Authority, employing no critical thinking to the situation, and accosting someone else for analyzing it and calling out bullshit aspects of the story.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-25-2014, 05:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/SuSUKJI.gif

FBD
11-25-2014, 06:10 PM
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8629/15662674987_05bc139bed_c.jpg

PorkChopSandwiches
11-25-2014, 06:35 PM
:lol:

perrhaps
11-25-2014, 07:36 PM
The grand jury was presented with formats of information :shrug: Officers fudged shit and it was excused away, what the hell do you want me to think? I look at the data, see what it says, see police harassing citizens and being absolute dicks to everyone and fining them for any little thing, cops act like they're above the law, and then people wonder why less and less people have any respect for someone with a badge these days?

Fuck that, a badge these days is a license to steal and badger people into behaving how you want them to, and you even get to employ all sorts of training on how to get people to willingly give up their civil rights.

Not that there arent a couple good apples in that orchard. But then again, this is just another case of you guys watching the TV and agreeing with whatever's presented to you because its from the Authority, employing no critical thinking to the situation, and accosting someone else for analyzing it and calling out bullshit aspects of the story.

So, by your posits, AG Holder, who would have agreed to quit screwing White women for, say, two weeks if he could have found a way to charge Wilson, is in on the conspiracy against the Afro-American community of Ferguson.

In the words of the Spiccoli Deity,"Wow, Dude, that's gnarly!"

And, I reckon those Afro-American business owners in Ferguson are all Uncle Toms who got this coming to them, right?

You are aware that the phrases "critical thinking" and "delusional ideations" aren't synonymous, right?

FBD
11-25-2014, 07:48 PM
:lol: I love it when something gets read and (half) understood (at best.)

perrhaps
11-25-2014, 08:03 PM
:lol: I love it when something gets read and (half) understood (at best.)

Well, if its any consolation to you, I can only understand about one-quarter of what Ozzie Osbourne says.

FBD
11-25-2014, 08:11 PM
do you imagine words that came out of his mouth, too? :razz:

perrhaps
11-25-2014, 08:22 PM
Nope. just try to make sense out of his drooling and slurring. You're easier.

RBP
11-25-2014, 08:24 PM

Anyone who disagrees with you is lacking in critical thinking and accosting you? I didn't realize that we were required to only have one opinion as individuals and that the one opinion must flow only from your omniscient wisdom.

My bad.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-25-2014, 08:50 PM
Anyone who disagrees with you is lacking in critical thinking and accosting you? I didn't realize that we were required to only have one opinion as individuals and that the one opinion must flow only from your omniscient wisdom.

My bad.
And now you know, and that's one to grow on

perrhaps
11-25-2014, 09:00 PM
And now you know, and that's one to grow on

Please sir. May I have another?

Loser
11-25-2014, 09:04 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/11/25/us/evidence-released-in-michael-brown-case.html?_r=0

Read it all, would agree with grand jury.

Oh, racist tax... :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/Ea3TOhO.jpg

FBD
11-25-2014, 10:22 PM
I dont understand how anyone gets that I'm in any way shape or form supporting the looting is beyond me. I've put up statistics supporting my point of view that shines light on the above the law thug culture of the cops, and I'm saying that they were bad enough that sooner or later something like this was going to happen. Of course since this is part of the Free Shit Army we're dealing with, looting is as common as it was in viking raids. Whereas the police behavior we're getting on towards is borderline Stasi, to well beyond Stasi the further up you go in the government.

Because apparently when a citizen says "you're too much of a pussy to shoot me," that means mr Ocifer should take up the challenge and prove him wrong?

And pardon me for not really trusting some unidentified eyewitness that claims brown lowered his head and tried to football tackle the cop. Was he punching the cop, like the cop initially said? Saw the pics, nice no-bruises there. When you have a handful of stories and NONE of them are similar except for the scene of it all, you know there are some people not telling the truth. But of course the officer's word means everything, anyone else's story that doesnt support what the cops says means nothing. :lol:

All of you who are saying Brown was a thug are completely excusing the officer's conduct. (but then again, you guys always seem to excuse the officer's conduct, and a badge means stamp of truth, so...once its reported in the media, then it becomes indisputable fact :shrug: and as to the evidence available, there's been plenty of things you guys have plenty of evidence on, yet have such a proclivity to believe what comes with the official stamp on it, that you will not believe your lyin eyes when you see something that really aint fuggin right. 911, mh in ukraine, boston...ffs :facepalm:)

There's so many conflicting stories coming out, you know the truth is well buried at this point and nobody will ever know, except mr wilson there that will probably go to his grave not feeling a bit of remorse and thinks he was just doing his job. He SHOULD have been accosting those goddamned kids jaywalking in the middle of the street and dragged them into his car immediately if they dont obey instantly. Right? That's what you guys are telling me?

The track record is pretty solid in showing that when authorities immediately abandon established protocol for a situation, they've done something wrong, and they can always depend on the thin blue line to stand firm and support...

and if you look at things with an unbiased eye, you'll notice that the police will cover anything up they feel they need to, up to and including murder or pedophilia (http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/nov/22/media-gagged-westminster-child-abuse-ring), so I really just dont even want to hear your guys MSM stamped seal of approval parroted about of yet another police coverup and foregone conclusion.

Hal-9000
11-25-2014, 10:35 PM
FBD straight up - Do you really think a cop would shoot a civilian in front of witnesses without a reason?

Forget about all of that blah about someone may or may not having witnessed Brown threatening the cop....the cop obviously felt deadly force was needed, whether his perception was right or wrong.

Not saying all cops live by the rule book...and not saying all black people are thugs.

Just saying neither of us were there and the rest is conjecture until it gets proven.

DemonGeminiX
11-26-2014, 01:44 AM
Here's Michael Brown's stepfather after the grand jury's decision was announced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSupLPYelns

Pony
11-26-2014, 09:48 AM
I dont understand how anyone gets that I'm in any way shape or form supporting the looting is beyond me. I've put up statistics supporting my point of view that shines light on the above the law thug culture of the cops, and I'm saying that they were bad enough that sooner or later something like this was going to happen. Of course since this is part of the Free Shit Army we're dealing with, looting is as common as it was in viking raids. Whereas the police behavior we're getting on towards is borderline Stasi, to well beyond Stasi the further up you go in the government.

Because apparently when a citizen says "you're too much of a pussy to shoot me," that means mr Ocifer should take up the challenge and prove him wrong?

And pardon me for not really trusting some unidentified eyewitness that claims brown lowered his head and tried to football tackle the cop. Was he punching the cop, like the cop initially said? Saw the pics, nice no-bruises there. When you have a handful of stories and NONE of them are similar except for the scene of it all, you know there are some people not telling the truth. But of course the officer's word means everything, anyone else's story that doesnt support what the cops says means nothing. :lol:

All of you who are saying Brown was a thug are completely excusing the officer's conduct. (but then again, you guys always seem to excuse the officer's conduct, and a badge means stamp of truth, so...once its reported in the media, then it becomes indisputable fact :shrug: and as to the evidence available, there's been plenty of things you guys have plenty of evidence on, yet have such a proclivity to believe what comes with the official stamp on it, that you will not believe your lyin eyes when you see something that really aint fuggin right. 911, mh in ukraine, boston...ffs :facepalm:)

There's so many conflicting stories coming out, you know the truth is well buried at this point and nobody will ever know, except mr wilson there that will probably go to his grave not feeling a bit of remorse and thinks he was just doing his job. He SHOULD have been accosting those goddamned kids jaywalking in the middle of the street and dragged them into his car immediately if they dont obey instantly. Right? That's what you guys are telling me?

The track record is pretty solid in showing that when authorities immediately abandon established protocol for a situation, they've done something wrong, and they can always depend on the thin blue line to stand firm and support...

and if you look at things with an unbiased eye, you'll notice that the police will cover anything up they feel they need to, up to and including murder or pedophilia (http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/nov/22/media-gagged-westminster-child-abuse-ring), so I really just dont even want to hear your guys MSM stamped seal of approval parroted about of yet another police coverup and foregone conclusion.

I just read many of the witness transcripts, almost all of them say Brown was fighting with the officer in the vehicle when the first shot went off. There are photos of hand prints, a bullet hole and blood on the door panel.

Almost all of the witnesses also say Brown took off, stopped, turned and started advancing on the officer. (some say walking quickly, some say charging at him) and that's when the remainder of the shots were fired.

You can disregard 90% of the facts and cherry pick and take out of context all you want but the bottom line is he attacked a cop and the cop defended himself. A jury has heard all the evidence and a ton of witnesses and decided that it was necessary.

Pony
11-26-2014, 11:37 AM
http://i.imgur.com/7YdHKsQ.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
11-26-2014, 11:48 AM
http://i.imgur.com/qSfJr01.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/I7kg82u.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/viVBDuZ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7JouAhu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lP2OkeX.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/GZyf6bG.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
11-26-2014, 11:50 AM
http://i.imgur.com/JBKbRAL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/XBZpy6d.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/D8XeC9z.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/cs1BnfR.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/PJzjcXp.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YiAVoIx.jpg

DemonGeminiX
11-26-2014, 12:06 PM
First the businesses are gonna run, then the sensible people are gonna leave this town. It's eventually gonna end up being a ghost town.

Loser
11-26-2014, 12:34 PM
Just like gary indiana.

FBD
11-26-2014, 01:11 PM
"you're welcome"
-serving and protecting,
Ferguson PD

(now yall do realize we're gonna need to tax yall more for this, right?)

perrhaps
11-26-2014, 01:29 PM
I've only spent a total of six days in the metropolitan St. Louis area, but I've never heard anyone there say "y'all" or any other form of a southern drawl.

Keep reaching, though.

FBD
11-26-2014, 01:34 PM
:hand: its down south, yall fits

whatever, I know you guys think the police department is entirely innocent here, and I've pointed out why they helped created an atmosphere that provoked this situation, but like yall said, go ahead and cherry pick your facts, and feel free to assert yours into my words.

DemonGeminiX
11-26-2014, 01:34 PM
Missouri is not a Southern state.

I have friends in Missouri and neither they nor any other Missouri resident they've ever encountered consider themselves Southerners nor do they consider Missouri a Southern state.

Technically speaking, the US Census Bureau and the vast majority of the state's residents consider Missouri a Midwest state.

FBD
11-26-2014, 03:24 PM
:hand: anything south of the mason dixon line is "the south"

http://henryburke1010.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/masondixonline.jpg

#yankees

DemonGeminiX
11-26-2014, 03:53 PM
:hand: anything south of the mason dixon line is "the south"

Nope. You're wrong. The Mason-Dixon line was a border between Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, and West Virgina back when state borders were being contested. In the 1760s, Mason and Dixon conducted a survey which constructed the ridiculously straight 90 degree border line now known as the Mason-Dixon line today. It came about because the four aforementioned states tried to grab some of each other's land. It just settled borders. For regional definitions, the Mason Dixon line does not apply, nor ever has, to anything further west beyond West Virginia.

The Southern states are as follows: Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, West Virginia, North and South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas.

I question Maryland and Delaware, as I've always considered both part of the Northeast in mannerisms. They don't act like Southerners. I also question Texas and Oklahoma, as they should be Midwest states, because I generally regard all states within Tornado Alley as Midwestern states, but according to the US Census Bureau, they are all within the region commonly known as the South.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-26-2014, 05:53 PM
by Liz Raftery - TV Guide

http://i.imgur.com/WKXGw6c.jpg

The parents of Michael Brown, the Missouri teen who was fatally shot by Officer Darren Wilson in August, are speaking out, days after a grand jury decided not to pursue charges against Wilson. They believe Wilson "woke up with a chip on his shoulder" and killed Brown in cold blood.

Speaking on CBS This Morning Wednesday, Michael Brown Sr. and Lesley McSpadden told co-hosts Charlie Rose and Gayle King that they dispute Wilson's account of the incident. Wilson said in an interview with ABC News that Brown threw the first punch and later charged at him, forcing him to shoot.

"I don't believe a word of it," McSpadden said. "I know my son far too well. He would never do anything like that. He would never provoke anyone to do anything to him and he wouldn't do anything to anybody."

Regarding surveillance footage that purportedly shows Brown shoving the owner of a convenience store as he's walking out with stolen cigarillos minutes before he was shot by Wilson, McSpadden said: "My son doesn't have a history of violence. One image does not paint a person's entire life or their entire past or how they were. ... If something happened in that store, and that's a big 'if,' that could have been dealt with, but [Wilson] didn't have to do what [he] did. He didn't do what he had to do. He did what he wanted to do."

McSpadden also said that, while she doesn't condone the violent protests that have taken place in Ferguson since the grand jury's decision was revealed, she's not surprised by them. "On August 9, voices were heard about if there weren't an indictment, how they would react, how they would lash out, what we would do," she told Rose and King. "We continue to ask for calm and we continue to get out there and protest with them in a peaceful manner. ... We can't be held accountable for anyone's other actions. ... That's not what we asked for."

Though Wilson maintains that it was fear alone that motivated him to shoot Brown, the teen's parents are skeptical. "I don't think he wanted to kill my son, but he wanted to kill someone," McSpadden said Wednesday. "How can your conscience be clear after killing somebody, even if it was an accidental death?"

RBP
11-26-2014, 06:17 PM
:facepalm:

DemonGeminiX
11-27-2014, 01:09 AM
Parents never want to admit that their children are bad.

Muddy
11-27-2014, 01:36 AM
Parents never want to admit that their children are bad.

NEVER do they.

Pony
11-27-2014, 10:28 AM
Ferguson grand jury papers full of inconsistencies

FERGUSON, Mo. (AP) — Some witnesses said Michael Brown had been shot in the back. Another said he was face-down on the ground when Officer Darren Wilson "finished him off." Still others acknowledged changing their stories to fit published details about the autopsy or admitted that they did not see the shooting at all.

An Associated Press review of thousands of pages of grand jury documents reveals numerous examples of statements made during the shooting investigation that were inconsistent, fabricated or provably wrong. For one, the autopsies ultimately showed Brown was not struck by any bullets in his back.

Prosecutors exposed these inconsistencies before the jurors, which likely influenced their decision not to indict Wilson in Brown's death.

Bob McCulloch, the St. Louis County prosecutor, said the grand jury had to weigh testimony that conflicted with physical evidence and conflicting statements by witnesses as it decided whether Wilson should face charges.

"Many witnesses to the shooting of Michael Brown made statements inconsistent with other statements they made and also conflicting with the physical evidence. Some were completely refuted by the physical evidence," McCulloch said.

The decision Monday not to charge Wilson with any crime set off more violent protests in the St. Louis suburb of Ferguson and around the country, fueled by claims that the unarmed black 18-year-old was shot while surrendering to the white officer in the mostly African-American city.

What people thought were facts about the Aug. 9 shooting have become intertwined with what many see as abuses of power and racial inequality in America.

And media coverage of the shooting's aftermath made it into the grand jury proceedings. Before some witnesses testified, prosecutors showed jurors clips of the same people making statements on TV.

Their inconsistencies began almost immediately after the shooting, from people in the neighborhood, the friend walking with Brown during the encounter and even one woman who authorities suggested probably wasn't even at the scene at the time.

Jurors also were presented with dueling versions from Wilson and Dorian Johnson, who was walking with Brown during the Aug. 9 confrontation. Johnson painted Wilson as provoking the violence, while Wilson said Brown was the aggressor.

But Johnson also declared on TV, in a clip played for the grand jury, that Wilson fired at least one shot at his friend while Brown was running away: "It struck my friend in the back."

Johnson held to a variation of this description in his grand jury testimony, saying the shot caused Brown's body to "do like a jerking movement, not to where it looked like he got hit in his back, but I knew, it maybe could have grazed him, but he definitely made a jerking movement."

Other eyewitness accounts also were clearly wrong.

One woman, who said she was smoking a cigarette with a friend nearby, claimed she saw a second police officer in the passenger seat of Wilson's vehicle. When quizzed by a prosecutor, she elaborated: The officer was white, "middle age or young" and in uniform. She said she was positive there was a second officer — even though there was not.

Another woman testified that she saw Brown leaning through the officer's window "from his navel up," with his hand moving up and down, as if he were punching the officer. But when the same witness returned to testify again on another day, she said she suffers from mental disorder, has racist views and that she has trouble distinguishing the truth from things she had read online.

Prosecutors suggested the woman had fabricated the entire incident and was not even at the scene the day of the shooting.

Another witness had told the FBI that Wilson shot Brown in the back and then "stood over him and finished him off." But in his grand jury testimony, this witness acknowledged that he had not seen that part of the shooting, and that what he told the FBI was "based on me being where I'm from, and that can be the only assumption that I have."

The witness, who lives in the predominantly black neighborhood where Brown was killed, also acknowledged that he changed his story to fit details of the autopsy that he had learned about on TV.

"So it was after you learned that the things you said you saw couldn't have happened that way, then you changed your story about what you seen?" a prosecutor asserted.

"Yeah, to coincide with what really happened," the witness replied.

Another man, describing himself as a friend of Brown's, told a federal investigator that he heard the first gunshot, looked out his window and saw an officer with a gun drawn and Brown "on his knees with his hands in the air." He added: "I seen him shoot him in the head."

But when later pressed by the investigator, the friend said he had not seen the actual shooting because he was walking down the stairs at the time and instead had heard details from someone in the apartment complex.

"What you are saying you saw isn't forensically possible based on the evidence," the investigator told the friend.

Shortly after that, the friend asked if he could leave.

"I ain't feeling comfortable," he said.

___

Associated Press writers Michael Kunzelman, Catherine Lucey, Nomaan Merchant, Garance Burke, Jeff Donn, David B. Caruso and Paul Weber contributed to this report.

redred
11-27-2014, 10:30 AM
http://i.imgur.com/RyDiZgY.jpg

MrsM
11-27-2014, 02:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/RyDiZgY.jpg

I heard that this picture was not of Mike Brown. I will see if I can find the article

MrsM
11-27-2014, 02:11 PM
http://i58.tinypic.com/5kim8m.jpg

Not sure if this is correct or not - just saw elsewhere that someone was saying that it was brown - and others said it was not

RBP
11-27-2014, 02:22 PM
Lots of things are not as they may seem on this one.

Muddy
11-27-2014, 02:24 PM
Burn down a little Ceasers, it will all come to light.

MrsM
11-27-2014, 02:25 PM
Lots of things are not as they may seem on this one.

very true - how do you find the truth in so much BS

Muddy
11-27-2014, 02:29 PM
Please watch this...

http://youtu.be/oTUqOBJsRdg

RBP
11-27-2014, 02:38 PM
"Acting like Curious George on Red Bull" :lol:

Of course he's right. They need new leadership, but I won't hold my breath. The welfare state has them wrapped up tight.

Muddy
11-27-2014, 03:01 PM
Its still refreshing to see someone gets it. Clean up your community and everyone else will clean up theirs.

Pony
11-27-2014, 06:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPUcA7yrErg