PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday: Police called as sales turn ugly (IN THE UK!)

RBP
11-29-2014, 12:20 AM
Glad to see our idiocy going global. :facepalm:

=================================================

footage of trampling and fighting here: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-30241459

http://i.imgur.com/ZyLFkiT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/nw54vk7.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lvWvN1s.jpg

Excerpts:

Police in Manchester tweeted: "At least two people arrested at #BlackFriday sales events already this morning. Keep calm people!"

The force said there had been "disturbances" at the seven Tesco stores.

Incidents at those stores and other locations included:

About 200 shoppers refused to leave a store in Middleton "despite being told stock had all gone"
Fights broke out between shoppers in Stretford, and a woman suffered "minor injuries" after being hit by a falling television. The store was closed at 00:36 GMT
A man was arrested in Salford after he threatened to "smash a staff member's face in"
A woman broke her wrist in a crush, with Greater Manchester Police's deputy chief constable Ian Hopkins describing shoppers' behaviour as "appalling"
In Wigan, officers were called to reports of "several hundred people trying to enter the store". Police added: "Two men were ejected before control was regained"
There were reports of fighting in a store in Hattersley, where a man was arrested for a public order offence
A man was arrested for assault at a store in Green End
Bicester Village shopping outlet in Oxfordshire had to temporarily close after roads around it became gridlocked by Black Friday shoppers

In London, police were called by both Tesco staff and queuing shoppers as people gathered at the Glover Drive store in Edmonton.

Officers also attended Tesco stores in Willesden and Surrey Quays.

The Metropolitan Police said officers worked with staff to "ensure that sale-goers were able to enter and exit the stores safely", and said no-one had been injured "as a result of the overcrowding".

Sgt Paul Marshall, a Metropolitan Police officer, tweeted: "Even on #BlackFriday shoving people to the floor so you can get £20 off a Coffee Maker is still an assault."

In South Wales, police said they were called by concerned staff at a number of Tesco stores.

A spokesman said officers were twice called to Tesco in Excelsior Road, Cardiff, just after midnight, when concerns were raised about customer conduct inside the shop. No arrests were made.

Police were called to Tesco at Silverburn in the Pollok area of Glasgow about 11:45 GMT on Thursday after staff reported scuffles among several customers.

The store was closed for a period, and footage from the scene shows shoppers shoving each other as they attempt to grab items from trolleys.

Police were also called to the Tesco in Kingsway, Dundee, to help with crowd control.

DemonGeminiX
11-29-2014, 12:43 AM
My Walmart was empty today. I assumed that since they opened yesterday at 6pm, they probably saw the rush then.

Hal-9000
11-29-2014, 05:48 AM
They've tried to institute that tradition up here...it usually doesn't take. We had bad snow and temperature conditions today so not many people were out and about. Boxing Day (day after Christmas) is still our biggest shopping holiday

Goofy
11-29-2014, 09:15 AM
I was working........ and then i went home :tup: Fuckin' eejits :roll:

redred
11-29-2014, 10:38 AM
:usa:thanks america for this :roll:

PorkChopSandwiches
11-29-2014, 02:55 PM
#NotEvenOnce

DemonGeminiX
11-29-2014, 04:09 PM
They've tried to institute that tradition up here...it usually doesn't take. We had bad snow and temperature conditions today so not many people were out and about. Boxing Day (day after Christmas) is still our biggest shopping holiday

Believe it or not, the days after Christmas and the days surrounding the 4th of July are our biggest shopping days. Black Friday gets all the media attention to drum up sales and because of the notoriety.

Loser
11-29-2014, 11:15 PM
Wasn't shit on sale anyways. Nothing worth owning that is.

Even on the firearms side. Cabelas, gander mountain, and bass pro had prices that were shit compared to every day prices from local vendors.

They lured people in with bulk .22lr, but limited it at one box per. :facepalm:

I went to the major shopping mecca for northern indiana, and it was deader then a fking door nail.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-01-2014, 11:36 AM
:usa:thanks america for this :roll:

Didn't realize we sent soldiers over there forcing you lot at gunpoint to do Black Friday :shock:

:rolleyes: