PDA

View Full Version : School counselor, 33, sentenced to nearly 14 years in prison for months-long sexual affair with 13-year-old student

Teh One Who Knocks
12-08-2014, 04:58 PM
By Paul Thompson - Daily Mail

http://i.imgur.com/oRMcdvF.png

A former school counselor has been jailed for almost 14 years for having sex with a 13 year old student.

Brooke Dinkel slept with the underage teen at her home while he was working there to earn money.

The 33-year-old had met the teen while at Smoky Valley Middle School in Salina, Kansas, during her first year as a counselor.

The affair lasted from October 2013 to March 2014 when school officials were tipped off about the relationship.

Prosecutor Christina Trocheck said Dinkel, who has daughters aged four and six, gave the boy gifts and encouraged the relationship.

She told the court despite warning from colleagues and friends Dinkel continued the illegal relationship.

Trocheck also said the counselor shared intimate details of her sexual encounters with friends and had tried to manipulate the teen into lying about their affair.

The court heard Dinkel had defied a court order to contact the teen after her arrest and while out on bond.

Dinkel's lawyer had argued at the sentencing hearing that she was mentally unstable and incapable of forming criminal intent.

A psychologist told the court Dinkel suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder, depression and a personality disorder with 'borderline avoidant and dependent traits,' according to the Salina Journal.

The counselor had claimed the teen raped her on December 26th at her home saying 'after that, I don't know what happened to me.'

Dinkel wept in court as she was given the chance to plead for a light sentence.

She told judge Patrick Thompson: 'I'm begging you to be able to return to my family, my little girls

'I need counseling; I need medication, but I am not a sexual predator.'

The judge rejected her plea and sentencing her to 13 years and nine months in jail told her: 'You are not the victim'

redred
12-08-2014, 05:07 PM
:facepalm:

PorkChopSandwiches
12-08-2014, 05:56 PM
This will please RBP

deebakes
12-09-2014, 12:51 AM
innocent for kansas :tup:

RBP
12-09-2014, 04:27 AM
This will please RBP

Disgusted even more that it was the school counselor.

RBP
12-09-2014, 04:28 AM
'I need counseling; I need medication, but I am not a sexual predator.'

The judge rejected her plea and sentencing her to 13 years and nine months in jail told her: 'You are not the victim'

:woot:

About time.

PorkChopSandwiches
12-09-2014, 02:14 PM
Disgusted even more that it was the school counselor.

At least she got 14

Teh One Who Knocks
12-09-2014, 02:18 PM
At least she got 14

Not before she got 13 :dance: