PDA

View Full Version : Neighbor Complains About Man's Homemade Ice Rink, City Bans It

Teh One Who Knocks
12-10-2014, 12:03 PM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/UTjE1yi.png

Jean Christophe Bosse has built a skating rink in his backyard in Sherbrooke, Quebec, during the six month winter for the past five years.

However, the Canadian man got some pushback this year from a neighbor, Normand Grenier.

“I found that, in my kitchen or in my dining room, it created a significant visual impact. My land is 12 feet lower than his … It caused me visual harm,” Grenier told CBC News.

Grenier added that he had to stare at the wall of the rink and listen to the sound of hockey pucks banging around all day.

The City of Sherbrooke told Bosse that the ice rink violated area zoning laws and was going to charge him a large fine if he didn't dismantle the rink.

According to Lokalee.com, the ice rink was 40-by-60 feet and included boards and lights.

“The [complaint] doesn’t hold water. It was a family rink,” Bosse told CBC News. “All this kind of decision from the city does is encourage other people to make complaints.”

Bosse claims the zoning law only includes rinks for mixed commercial and residential uses. He plans to challenge the ruling and put his rink back up.

deebakes
12-10-2014, 02:21 PM
“All this kind of decision from the city does is encourage other people to make complaints.”

Damn right, fucking assholes. One of my neighbors here has a ice rink that they put up in their yard. Their lawn is dead in the summer back there too, so i guess i could argue saying it is a year round visual harm, but let people do what the fuck they want if it doesn't hurt you :2cents:

PorkChopSandwiches
12-10-2014, 05:04 PM
visual harm :lol:

redred
12-10-2014, 05:36 PM
needs muddy's fence building services :lol:

Goofy
12-10-2014, 05:58 PM
needs muddy's fence building services :lol:

Or Lance's big tree planting services :lol:

Why are there so many wankers in the world that have nothing better to do than complain about fucking everything? :|