PDA

View Full Version : Pat Robertson Claims Gay People 'Will Die Out Because They Don't Reproduce'

Teh One Who Knocks
12-18-2014, 12:02 PM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/6ok4qAb.png

"700 Club" host Pat Robertson claimed today that gay people will simply die out because they don't reproduce.

Robertson was addressing a question posed by a viewer who said that no one in her church was allowed to date and it was considered to be a "sin" to show interest in the opposite sex.

“Most of the people in the church are frustrated because we’re getting older and no one is getting married,” wrote the viewer.

Robertson took the question as an opportunity to slam gay people, noted RightWingWatch.org.

“You know, those who are homosexual will die out because they don’t reproduce,” stated Robertson. “You know, you have to have heterosexual sex to reproduce. Same thing with that church, it’s doomed, it’s going to die out because it’s the most nonsensical thing I’ve heard in a long time, this is absurd.”

"If I were you, I'd get out of that church as fast as I could," added Robertson. "Cast the dust of it on your feet, shake off the dust and run."

However, Robertson didn't explain why gay people have not simply died out since the days of the Bible, which mentions homosexuals several times.

In more religious news, psychologist and blogger Warren Throckmorton notes that the troubled Mars Hills Church in Seattle, which is closing its doors at the end of the year, is currently soliciting financial donations.

The Mars Hill Church website states in part:

As we close out the year and say good-bye to Mars Hill, your gifts continue to be very important as they will determine how much will be distributed to help fund the eleven independent churches launching in January. Without generous people like you continuing to give through the end of the year, many of these churches may not have the necessary funds to continue as new churches.

Mars Hill Church was brought down by numerous scandals this year, including the antics of former Pastor Mark Driscoll.

Throckmorton blogged throughout the year about the Mars Hill Global fund, which was advertised as an overseas fund for foreign churches, but was used to some degree for Mars Hill satellite churches in the U.S.

deebakes
12-18-2014, 01:51 PM
too bad about that whole in vitro thing :sad2:

Muddy
12-18-2014, 02:26 PM
Somebody put this fucker out to pasture.. :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
12-18-2014, 03:52 PM
By that logic, they have never existed