PDA

View Full Version : Whoopi Goldberg Explodes Over Rosie O’Donnell’s Obama Racism Examples

Teh One Who Knocks
12-19-2014, 01:53 PM
By Charles Roberts - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/WLBEJbm.jpg

Rosie O’Donnell and Whoopi Goldberg got into one of the most heated arguments in ‘The View’ history this week when they discussed whether or not President Barack Obama and The First Lady have been victims of racism.

Recently, President Obama and Michelle Obama shared some examples of instances that they felt exemplified the discrimination people of color face in this nation. The POTUS noted that he had been mistaken for a valet; Michelle Obama said that during a visit to Target a woman mistook her for a store employee (this is debatelable).

On Thursday, the panelists on ‘The View’ discussed whether the examples cited were actually good illustrations of racism. Goldberg, for her, part didn’t think so.

“You guys need to know what real racism is ... Racism is when someone comes up and says (expletive) and die. That's racist,” she said, as transcribed by the NY Daily News.

"I've been black for 60 years," Goldberg added. "For me, stupidity, dumb folks who just say dumb stuff because they're not looking or paying attention to the person they're talking to, which is why people could walk up to Obama and not look up at him and see that it's the President."

O’Donnell would eventually jump into the fray, arguing that what Goldberg was describing is in fact racism. That’s when Goldberg lost it.

“Listen! You are a white lady telling me what is racist to you,” she said.

To which O’Donnell replied: “I’m a gay American.”

Goldberg didn’t miss a beat.

“It’s not the same,” she replied.

“You do not have to be black to what racism is!” O’Donnell yelled at her.

“Yes, you do,” Goldberg replied.

Muddy
12-19-2014, 04:01 PM
I cant stand Rosie.. But on this one, thanks sista.. :thumbsup:

RBP
12-19-2014, 04:03 PM
They are both wrong and both right.

Muddy
12-19-2014, 04:30 PM
I'm only commending this line.. “You do not have to be black to what racism is!” O’Donnell yelled at her.

RBP
12-19-2014, 06:18 PM
The race war is coming. Just a matter of time.

Muddy
12-19-2014, 06:54 PM
If you watch TV, it would certainly appear that way.. In my sheltered little world however, I have yet to meet an un-kind black person these days.. Completely contradictory to what the media is presenting.

DemonGeminiX
12-19-2014, 07:38 PM
I don't really see that junk around where I live either. My cousins in Philly always talk about the problems they have with black people being nasty to white people.

Goofy
12-19-2014, 07:58 PM
My cousins in Philly always talk about the problems they have with black people being nasty to white people.

They should move with their auntie and uncle in Bel-Air :-k

Pony
12-19-2014, 10:21 PM
The so called racist comments by the Obama's are ridiculous. Just because they perceived those events as racist (because they're black) doesn't make it so. I'm sorry but I've had people ask me to park there cars too, also been asked to help someone at stores on multiple occasions. Good for Whoopi for calling it like it is.

RBP
12-19-2014, 11:48 PM
I had someone ask me to grab a box just this past weekend. Michelle and I are both tall. ;)

DemonGeminiX
12-20-2014, 12:49 AM
Many moons ago, when I was at the Saint Paddy's Day celebration on River Street in downtown Savannah, a drunk fat chick asked me to grab her box.

And I'm short.

Griffin
12-20-2014, 01:02 AM
A man walks up to a woman in his office each day, stands very close to her, draws in a large breath of air and tells her that her hair smells nice.

After a week of this she can't stand it any longer! The woman goes into her supervisor's office and tells him that she wants to file a sexual harassment suit against the man and explains why.

The supervisor is puzzled by this and says, "What's wrong with the co-worker telling you your hair smells nice?"

The woman replies, "He's a midget!"

deebakes
12-20-2014, 05:52 AM
i think the war has already started :(

RBP
12-20-2014, 05:53 AM
i think the war has already started :(

:nono: Whitey hasn't started shooting back yet.

deebakes
12-20-2014, 06:13 AM
blackie would beg to differ :sad2:

RBP
12-20-2014, 06:40 AM
Thus the basis for the coming armed conflict.

Hal-9000
12-20-2014, 06:05 PM
Whoopi has farted twice on The View

Pony
12-20-2014, 07:23 PM

[-( That was just her cushion.

RBP
12-20-2014, 07:50 PM

How can you differentiate that from her speaking?

Hal-9000
12-20-2014, 11:15 PM
How can you differentiate that from her speaking?

The farts contain more substance and intelligence

:dance: