PDA

View Full Version : Singer Joe Cocker Dead at 70 After Losing Battle to Lung Cancer

Teh One Who Knocks
12-22-2014, 07:16 PM
by Alyssa Toomey - E! Online

http://i.imgur.com/BPGd9jK.jpg

Sad news for the music world.

Joe Cocker has died, E! News confirms. The late British rocker—who is perhaps best known for his cover of The Beatles' "With a Little Help From Friends, "which he performed live at Woodstock in 1969 and was later used as the opening theme for TV's The Wonder Years—passed away after losing his battle to cancer, Time reports. His management staff also confirmed to Time that the singer died in his Colorado home.

Per BBC News, Cocker's agent Barrie Marshall released a statement in which he described the musician as "simply unique" and noted that "it will be impossible to fill the space he leaves in our hearts."

Cocker was born in Sheffield on May 20, 1944. He rose the fame in the 1960s, known for his gritty voice and often covering popular songs such as "You're So Beautiful" and "Have a Little Faith in Me."

http://i.imgur.com/UkyeNFf.jpg

In 2008, he was ranked No. 97 on Rolling Stone's 100 Greatest Singers list.

Following the news of the singer's passing, a number of celebrities took to social media to express their sorrow. Our thoughts go out to Cocker's friends, fans and family.

Ringo Starr: "Goodbye and God bless to Joe Cocker from one of his friends peace and love. R��✌️"

Marc Maron: "No one got behind it and belted it out like Joe Cocker! #RIP"

Albert Brooks: "RIP Joe Cocker. You were so beautiful."

Val Kilmer "Ah. What a mighty mighty original voice is gone. Joe Cocker one of the all time soul of Rock and Roller Kings will be missed forever."

PorkChopSandwiches
12-22-2014, 09:00 PM
:rip: one of the greats

Hal-9000
12-22-2014, 10:37 PM
The dude sang with feeling :(

Goofy
12-22-2014, 11:12 PM
:sad2:

What would you do if i sang out of tune....... would you stand up and walk out on me

Noilly Pratt
12-22-2014, 11:50 PM
:rip: Aww...too bad. If you like his version of "With a Little Help From My Friends", do yourself a favour and listen to the album "Mad Dogs and Englishmen". Great songs given a bluesy feel thanks to his soulful voice.

A bit underrated in his day I think - hopefully we'll hear more of him now.

RBP
12-23-2014, 12:18 AM
I saw him in concert in Australia c.1984. Awesome.

:rip:

DemonGeminiX
12-23-2014, 01:54 AM
:rip:

Joebob034
12-24-2014, 05:00 AM
Total bummer. Got to see him a few years ago when he opened for Steve Miller. He sounded great. :rip:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-24-2014, 11:21 AM
Until this, I had no idea he was British