PDA

View Full Version : Al Sharpton Claims He Has Been Receiving Death Threats Since Two NYC Cops Were Killed

Teh One Who Knocks
12-24-2014, 12:23 PM
By Lisa Fogarty - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/yOnNx4f.jpg

The Rev. Al Sharpton claims he has received death threats since New York City police officers Wenjian Liu and Rafael Ramos were killed execution-style by an alleged gang member who announced on Instagram he was planning to kill cops to avenge the deaths of Eric Garner and Michael Brown.

Standing beside Garner's wife and mother, Sharpton reportedly played a voicemail for reporters in which someone could be heard making racist remarks toward him and threatening his life, reports the New York Post.

“Hey, n****r, stop killing innocent people, I’m going to get you!” the voice on the recording reportedly says. The voice also used the F-word three times, and this was broadcast live on television news reports.

Sharpton told reporters that call was only one of many he has received.

“I have several like this," Sharpton told the Staten Island Advance. “We are now under intense threat from those that are misguided, by those that are trying to blame everyone from civil rights leaders to the mayor rather than deal with an ugly spirit that all of us need to fight.”

Sharpton further angered many people by chastising those who are blaming New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio for allegedly not doing enough to curb violence against the police.

“To blame the mayor and others is not what we need,” Sharpton said. “The blame game will only lead to further kinds of venom and further division.”

Garner’s mother, Gwen Carr, and wife Esaw Garner condemned the killings of two police officers in Garner’s name and made it clear that they do not support an anti-police sentimentality.

“Anyone that is standing beside us, we want you to not use Eric Garner’s name for violence because we are not about that,” Carr told the The Washington Times. “These two police officers lost their lives senselessly, and our condolence[s are] with the family, and we stand with the family.”

Garner added, “My husband was not a violent man, and we don’t want any violence connected to his name, thank you.”

RBP
12-24-2014, 02:24 PM
He doesn't understand how poking the bear works. After enough times you get the violent response. It's not disproportionate, it's reasonably expected.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-24-2014, 02:25 PM
It's all fine to him when it's cops or Whitey getting death threats, but as soon as it starts happening to him, it's wrong and bad and a huge issue.

RBP
12-24-2014, 02:35 PM
As we've learned, BLACK lives matter. Saying ALL lives matter is racist.

Muddy
12-24-2014, 02:38 PM
Serves you right, fuck face...

Teh One Who Knocks
12-24-2014, 02:47 PM
Mr Sharpton, being a good reverend and all should be familiar with this bible passage:

GALATIANS 6: 7-9 (KJV)
7: Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
8: For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
9: And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

deebakes
12-24-2014, 02:56 PM
on the fast track to heaven this one is :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
12-24-2014, 03:33 PM
#WontBeMissed

RBP
12-24-2014, 03:40 PM
Ya'll know why he has an MSNBC show, right?

He was the "minority representative" who lobbied hard to the FCC to approve the Comcast/NBC deal. His message of black community support for the deal was key in turning democrat members NO votes to YES.

And he was rewarded for his efforts.

Affirmative Action indeed.

PorkChopSandwiches
12-24-2014, 03:42 PM
#HateSpeech

Goofy
12-24-2014, 10:05 PM
Mr Sharpton, being a good reverend and all should be familiar with this bible passage:

You know, there's some fucking cool passages in the bible.......... i really need to read it one of these days, i've always been a sci-fi fan :thumbsup:

Griffin
12-25-2014, 12:57 AM
Al and Fred Phelps will be room mates in hell.

Muddy
12-25-2014, 03:08 AM
You know, there's some fucking cool passages in the bible.......... i really need to read it one of these days, i've always been a sci-fi fan :thumbsup:

You can mock it, but really it is a very encompassing piece..

Hal-9000
12-25-2014, 06:38 AM
“The blame game will only lead to further kinds of venom and further division.”

Holy hand grenades... I bet he has this framed... in every room... in his giant house of hypocrisy