PDA

View Full Version : Man Arrested For Threatening Cops And 'White Kids' On Facebook

Teh One Who Knocks
12-29-2014, 12:27 PM
By Dominic Kelly - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/h3ecaYX.jpg

A man in suburban Chicago was arrested after allegedly posting threats against police and “white children” on his Facebook page. During a search of his home, police reportedly discovered a homemade gun and lots of ammunition.

Aries Woodfin, 33, has not yet been charged for the alleged threats made against police, although they are what sparked the search that have now led to weapons charges. Reports say that prosecutors first became aware of the man’s posts in early December when, in response to the situations in Ferguson, Missouri, and New York City involving Michael Brown and Eric Garner, respectively, he expressed on his page, “going to kill cops and innocent white kids.” ABC 7 Chicago reports that someone who saw the posting decided to inform authorities, which ultimately lead them to Woodfin.

When police executed a search warrant at the man’s home last week, they ultimately discovered a homemade gun and large amounts of ammunition in the home. The weapons discovery prompted the officers to arrest Woodfin and charge him accordingly, although the person that Woodfin was living with says that the gun is hers and that she is licensed.

“That gun that they found belonged to me," Beatrice Franklin, Woodfin’s friend, said. "I am a licensed FOID card holder and I have paperwork stating that it's mine. So no, it's not his."

In regards to the initial posts from Woodfin, Franklin says she believes that he was simply expressing his feelings.

“He was speaking his mind," Franklin added. "He was expressing how he felt, which is what everyone else was doing on Facebook as well, expressing themselves. They were ranting and they were raving."

Woodfin is due to appear back in court at some point next month.

Hal-9000
12-29-2014, 06:39 PM
“going to kill cops and innocent white kids.”

“He was speaking his mind," Franklin added. "He was expressing how he felt....."

Those are written death threats you tool, not feelings about an event that occurred in our society.

RBP
12-29-2014, 11:41 PM
“going to kill cops and innocent white kids.”

“He was speaking his mind," Franklin added. "He was expressing how he felt....."

Those are written death threats you tool, not feelings about an event that occurred in our society.

That issue is currently before the us supreme court.