PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Star Busted for Doing 128 in a 45 Zone

AntZ
05-25-2011, 03:04 PM
NASCAR Star Kyle Busch Busted for Speeding in North Carolina

Published May 25, 2011 | Associated Press

STATESVILLE, N.C. -- NASCAR driver Kyle Busch was clocked by a North Carolina sheriff's deputy going 128 mph in a 45 mph zone and was cited for careless and reckless driving and speeding, a law enforcement spokesman said Tuesday.

Iredell County Sheriff's Office Capt. Darren Campbell said a deputy stopped Busch's 2012 yellow Lexus sports car on a road between Troutman and Mooresville, where the 26-year-old driver lives. It's about 30 miles north of Charlotte.

Campbell said Busch was cited and released upon a written promise to appear in court.

In a statement issued late Tuesday, Busch acknowledged what happened.

"I was test-driving a new sports car and I got carried away," Busch said. "I went beyond the speed I should have been going on a public road. I apologize to the public, my fans, sponsors, and race teams for my lack of judgment."

Busch, who drives for Joe Gibbs Racing, accepted responsibility and said it would never happen again.

NASCAR spokesman Kerry Tharp said Busch would be allowed to race this weekend at Charlotte Motor Speedway. He's coming off a second-place finish in Saturday night's All-Star race, and goes into the Coca-Cola 600 ranked third in the Sprint Cup Series standings.

"This is a matter that Kyle will have to handle with the authorities in Iredell County," Tharp said. "Based on what we know right now, this would not impact his status as a NASCAR driver."

In 2006, Busch pleaded guilty to improper driving and was fined $150 after he was ticketed in suburban Richmond, Va., on a reckless driving charge when he pulled out of a gas station and into a fast-food restaurant. Busch said at the time he "chirped" his tires but didn't exceed 10 mph.

Under a misdemeanor reckless driving charge he originally faced, Busch could have received up to one year in jail, a $2,500 fine and a driver's license suspension.

Last month, Busch was placed on probation through June 15 after he and Kevin Harvick confronted each other in the pits after a race at Darlington Raceway.

Muddy
05-25-2011, 03:06 PM
They should have arrested him, and treated him no different than the rest of us...

Godfather
05-25-2011, 03:44 PM
How could they not.... you'd get jail time here for sure, probably lose your car and license for a while too.

Hugh_Janus
05-26-2011, 05:41 PM
over here, you'd be insta-banned and a couiple of months inside.... unless you're a copper or someone famous. I was lucky when I got done a few years ago, if the cop had seen me literally 2 minutes before he did, he'd have busted me for doing 130+ instead of lettin me off for the 81mph he caught me doing. I wouldn't last 30 seconds in prisonhttp://forum.fwonk.com/images/smilies/gay.gif

MrsM
05-26-2011, 05:59 PM
over here, you'd be insta-banned and a couiple of months inside.... unless you're a copper or someone famous. I was lucky when I got done a few years ago, if the cop had seen me literally 2 minutes before he did, he'd have busted me for doing 130+ instead of lettin me off for the 81mph he caught me doing. I wouldn't last 30 seconds in prisonhttp://forum.fwonk.com/images/smilies/gay.gif

You would probably come out with a Hugh Janus

Hugh_Janus
05-26-2011, 06:05 PM
:ffs:damn you!!

MrsM
05-26-2011, 06:08 PM
:ffs:damn you!!

:dance:

Hugh_Janus
05-26-2011, 06:09 PM
[-(

Hal-9000