PDA

View Full Version : Eleven dead in shooting at Paris offices of satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo

RBP
01-07-2015, 11:51 AM
Paris has raised its terror alert level to the highest setting following the attack.

It is believed that those responsible for the attack – we do not know how many were involved – are still at large, with some reports that they hijacked a car after the mass shooting.

Developing...

RBP
01-07-2015, 11:55 AM
He says 11 people are dead and four are critically injured; at least 40 were “saved”.

The numbers of victims is likely to rise, he says.

The French cabinet will meet at 2pm Paris time to discuss the attack.

The security level in Paris has been raised. Police are hunting the perpetrators.

France is in a state of shock, he says. He calls today’s shooting a terrorist attack.

RBP
01-07-2015, 11:59 AM
My colleague Julian Borger sends this on the controversial history of Charlie Hebdo:

Charlie Hebdo has a long record of taking its satire seriously. The weekly magazine’s response to previous efforts at intimidation was to be even more controversial or outrageous, defying the constraints of religious sensitivity or political correctness.

In November 2011, its offices were fire-bombed after it had published a special edition, supposedly guest-edited by the Prophet Mohammed and temporarily renamed ‘Charia Hebdo’. The cover was a cartoon of Mohammed threatening the readers with ‘a hundred lashes if you don’t die laughing’.

The petrol bomb attack completely destroyed the Paris offices, the magazine’s website was hacked and the staff were subjected to death threats. But six days later, it published a new front page depicting a male Charlie Hebdo cartoonist passionately kissing a bearded Muslim man in front of the charred aftermath of the bombing. The headline this time was: L’Amour plus fort que la haine (Love is stronger than hate).

Less than a year after that, it published more cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed, including images of him naked and a cover showing him being pushed along in a wheelchair by an Orthodox Jew. The French government had appealed to the magazine not to go ahead with publication, and shut down embassies and schools in twenty countries when it went ahead anyway, out of fear of reprisals.

RBP
01-07-2015, 12:07 PM
President Hollande's statement

Francois Hollande has been speaking to the media. He said that 11 people had been killed and four people seriously injured but 40 people had been rescued.

Hollande said that the security level had been increased in Paris and a number of terrorist plots had been foiled in recent weeks.
An emergency meeting will be held at the Elysees Palace in the next hour.

Hollande said France had experienced “an exceptional act of barbarism committed against a newspaper”.

France was facing a “shock”, he added. “We need to show we are a united country,” he said.

France had to be “firm and strong” adding: “We will fight these threats and we will punish the attackers.”

France had been targeted because it was a country of freedom but no one would be allowed to go against “the spirit of the republic” in this way.

Goofy
01-07-2015, 07:51 PM
Just saw this on the news :shock:

PorkChopSandwiches
01-07-2015, 09:31 PM
:hand: This is a peaceful demonstration by a peaceful religion

RBP
01-07-2015, 10:59 PM
Yemen connection I heard on the way home.

deebakes
01-08-2015, 12:17 AM
is that "yemen" or "ya man"? :-k

DemonGeminiX
01-08-2015, 12:25 AM
2 suspects are in custody and 1 is dead.

DemonGeminiX
01-08-2015, 12:26 AM
is that "yemen" or "ya man"? :-k

I don't think they're much for the ganja.

deebakes
01-08-2015, 12:51 AM
too bad, they would probably mellow out some :idk:

DemonGeminiX
01-08-2015, 01:09 AM
Reggae loving, pot smoking Muslims... the thought made me chuckle.

:lol:

deebakes
01-08-2015, 01:10 AM
one of the "muslims" i work with loves pot but hates bob marley :lol:

DemonGeminiX
01-08-2015, 01:16 AM
:facepalm:

Hal-9000
01-08-2015, 02:21 AM
Journalists, satire and cartoons...

how bloody sad :|

Hal-9000
01-08-2015, 03:12 AM
I think this is applicable

http://i.imgur.com/22fLEDn.png

Hal-9000
01-08-2015, 03:15 AM
http://i.imgur.com/4gfiQjw.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Irl0NjP.jpg

FBD
01-16-2015, 04:55 PM
*sighs* So I take it you guys have not watched the video where the cop was very plainly NOT shot in the head...

and nevermind they called these people amateurs, despite the very professional behavior - how's that group of AK full auto lookin?

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user12162/imageroot/2015/01/window.jpg

now just for comparison, go watch how easy it is for a well trained shooter to lay down full auto with an AK, he cant barely keep it on a concrete wall:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VRrc2n0NXg#t=437

and the ID conveniently left behind in the car? :lol:

they wanted to martyr themselves...but only hit select people in the building...and why escape at all if you are planning on being a martyr?

sorry folks, with France having just declared that the Russian sanctions need to end immediately since its hurting europe like crazy, and also that they just voted to recognize a palestinian state...these things happened in the WEEK before this...(that vote failed by 1 vote, mind you...)

it kinda takes the emphsasis off of the currency crash happening in switzerland that saw a massive devaluation of the swiss france relative to the euro...(like we are talking a 30% correction)

or bubba being involve in the pedo ring...

or who can forget, they were doing a vote on re investigating 911, declassifying those 28 pages....that still only point at the saudis and not at our deep state security structure having done the whole thing.

oh and it is just a tad curious that the lead investigator for this shoots himself in the head with his service pistol...

gold jumped 50 bucks an ounce last night.

no matter, there's more police state to be implemented.

FBD
01-16-2015, 07:09 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Irl0NjP.jpg

I love the irony of this

FBD
01-18-2015, 07:48 PM
:haha:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3d/Take_ours!.jpg

redred
01-18-2015, 10:08 PM
Oh joy you're back

perrhaps
01-19-2015, 02:21 PM
Welcome back, FBD! It was getting kind of dull going to sleep at night without the sheets covering my head.

FBD
01-19-2015, 02:57 PM
:lol: I dont know how you guys ever took that I'm trying to scare anyone, just fucking call a spade a spade already and enough believing stories that have more holes in em than the side of my gramp's barn, that's been my only intent. in order to stop what the international banking cartel and its sword-arm the CorruptInsaneAssholes are doing, the world needs to wake up and fucking do something about it, and unless people are calling a spade a spade, they are going to continue their march of war across the planet.

the plebes only have power when they act in concert. that's why "conspiracy theories" are so demonized by those that push the "troof." that's why they made sure Occupy and Tea Party were focusing on opposite things. infiltrate and distract, its an age old game, its right there in sun tzu's art of war.

people are "sick of war" in general but then dont want their worldview shit on at all when things happen that necessitate the changing of certain worldviews. dont want to call out who's doing this....because it happens to be daddy warbucks our own fucking governments that are captured and dont represent the people any longer.

how close to the scripts of brave new 1984 do we really need to get for people to start them mental gears turning?