PDA

View Full Version : Married Pastor Says He’s Attracted To Men, But Not Gay

Teh One Who Knocks
01-08-2015, 11:42 AM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/SCPAWrN.png

Pastor Allan Edwards of the Kiski Valley Presbyterian Church in Leechburg, Pennsylvania, is married to a woman, but says he's attracted to men.

Pastor Edwards recently told NPR that acting on homosexual desires would be a sin, which he doesn't do (audio below).

Pastor Edwards says he thought about boys more than girls in high school, '"And It was a pretty immediate realization that it was in conflict with my faith and I didn't really understand what happened next."

He didn't speak to anyone about his same-sex desires until he attended a small Christian liberal arts college.

"And my expectation was, if I started talking to other guys about this, I'm going to get ostracized and lambasted," stated Pastor Edwards. "I actually had the exact opposite experience ... I actually was received with a lot of love, grace, charity, some confusion, but openness to dialogue."

"I think we all have parts of our desires that we choose not to act on, right?" added Pastor Edwards. "So for me, it's not just that the religion was important to me, but communion with a God who loves me, who accepts me right where I am..."

Pastor Edwards recalled that he deferred his desires to the authority of the Bible because Jesus recognized the scriptures as God's Word.

Pastor Edwards met his wife Leeanne when they both applied for a summer camp job and she got it, notes the Daily Mail.

The couple is expecting their first child in July.

Hal-9000
01-09-2015, 04:34 PM
always makes the opposite sex partner/spouse feel real good hearing that :|

deebakes
01-09-2015, 04:35 PM
maybe her clit is one of those supersize ones :shrug:

Hal-9000
01-09-2015, 04:36 PM
they look like brother and sister :lol:

deebakes
01-09-2015, 04:37 PM
fat people usually do :lol: