PDA

View Full Version : Stinky Brits take just FOUR baths and 227 showers each year

Teh One Who Knocks
01-09-2015, 12:35 PM
By Dominic Smith - The Mirror

http://i.imgur.com/vHYuHzW.jpg

More than a third of Brits take four or less baths a year - and don't wash at all for three months.

Thirty-five per cent of the UK admit to taking up to just four annual baths, with 47% saying two of those are while staying in a hotel, according to new research by hotel booking site LateRooms.com to mark Bubble Bath Day.

Brits are more likely to be found in the shower, taking on average 227 a year.

http://i.imgur.com/NWEqpT0.png

But that means that stinky Britain doesn't shower of bath for 111 days a year.

That's more than three months without getting washed.

The muckiest Brits can be found in the south-west, who take the fewest showers per year - just 208 on average, while the Welsh are the cleanest, who have 251.

Despite 75% of the nation still having both a bath and shower in their bathroom and three-quarters of householders saying baths are more relaxing and better for ‘me’ time, showers are overwhelmingly the most popular option.

For 35% of people that's simply because showers are quicker. Brits are most likely to have a bath at the weekend at their leisure, with reading a book the most popular bathtime activity.

Sixty per cent of us share a bath with our partner, especially if we're staying in a hotel.

And - because it's Bubble Bath Day - the research also reveals that three in ten of us are much more likely to crack out the suds when staying in a hotel than bathing at home.

LateRooms.com spokesperson Andrea Tarpey said: “We polled more than 2,000 UK adults in order to shed some light on the nation’s bathing habits to coincide with Bubble Bath day. The bathroom is a hugely important part of a hotel stay and often the deciding factor in a guest’s choice of room, so we wanted to examine the nation’s perceptions about the whole bathing experience.

“Our research shows that almost a quarter of the UK (24%) admits that even when plunged into a relaxing bubble bath they can’t resist using their smartphone to check up on social media and texts.

“According to these new statistics, the average time Brits spend soaking in a tub of hot water is 20 minutes.

“What is abundantly clear is that while our busy lives means we don’t have as much time to enjoy a hot soak in a lovely bath as we’d like, we still prefer them to showers."

Goofy
01-09-2015, 01:59 PM
I havent had a bath in years........ lying in my own dirty water doesnt really attract me tbh. I have to have a shower every night after work, im usually covered in dust :lol: Normally have a quick shower in the morning just to wake me up more than to clean myself!

Teh One Who Knocks
01-09-2015, 02:06 PM
...while the Welsh are the cleanest, who have 251

I think you guys all owe Hugh an apology :nono:

redred
01-09-2015, 04:14 PM

no chance

Hal-9000
01-09-2015, 04:22 PM
I havent had a bath in years........ lying in my own dirty water doesnt really attract me tbh. I have to have a shower every night after work, im usually covered in dust :lol: Normally have a quick shower in the morning just to wake me up more than to clean myself!

this...a bath may feel relaxing but if my bits are dirty, soaking in the nasty water isn't appealing :lol:

deebakes
01-09-2015, 04:23 PM
it's a good thing the report isn't about how often they brush their teeth :puke:

Hugh_Janus
01-11-2015, 09:11 AM
:dance:

no chance
:fu:

it's a good thing the report isn't about how often they brush their teeth :puke:
I have less fillings than you do :hand:

RBP
01-11-2015, 01:46 PM

They have to wash the sheep pussy off their cocks. That's not really "bathing".

redred
01-11-2015, 01:51 PM
I have less fillings than you do :hand:

does he have more teeth ? :lol:

deebakes
01-11-2015, 04:18 PM
:rofl:

Hugh_Janus
01-11-2015, 08:26 PM
They have to wash the sheep pussy off their cocks. That's not really "bathing".
always do them up the bum.... no chance of babies then :tup:

does he have more teeth ? :lol:
:fu:

:rofl:
:fu:2