PDA

View Full Version : Boko Haram Uses 10-Year-Old Girl As Suicide Bomber In Deadly Nigerian Attack

Teh One Who Knocks
01-12-2015, 01:56 PM
By Dominic Kelly - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/x9i2lVE.jpg

Disturbing reports out of Nigeria say that a bomb was strapped to a 10-year-old girl and detonated in a busy market area of Maiduguri.

According to The Guardian, a girl “no older than 10” was split in two when the bomb she was wearing exploded in the middle of the market in Maiduguri. One part of the little girl’s body even flung across the road, reports note.

“It’s a little girl,” one hospital official reportedly told The New York Times. “The body is beyond recognition, but from the face you can see it’s a young person. A young pretty girl.”

The shocking attack reportedly killed at least 20 people and injured 18, and locals are left to deal with the aftermath of the vicious bombing.

“The girl was about 10 years old and I doubt much if she actually knew what was strapped to her body,” civilian Ashiru Mustapha said following the blast, according to the Daily Mail. “In fact, she was searched at the entrance of the market and the metal detector indicated that she was carrying something. But sadly, the explosion went off before she was isolated, killing at least 10 people and injuring many others.”

By mid-afternoon the day of the attack, at least 16 people were pronounced dead at the hospital.

This disturbing news comes amidst reports that Boko Haram successfully followed through with their “deadliest massacre” to date this weekend, with officials estimating that at least 2,000 people may have lost their lives.

RBP
01-14-2015, 01:20 AM
The killed 2000 last WEEK. March on, Paris, march on.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-14-2015, 11:23 AM
:bitter:

RBP
01-14-2015, 12:18 PM
:bitter:

Maybe. :dunno:

We'll take the fight to wherever it exists, as long as it isn't Africa. We justified spending millions a day because we had a moral imperative to protect ethnic minorities in Iraq... but not in Africa. Syria, Afghanistan, Yemen, Pakistan, London, Paris... anywhere but Africa.