PDA

View Full Version : Interesting facts about the killing of black males by police officers

Pony
01-12-2015, 11:06 PM
http://www.slideshare.net/robertsearfoss33/police-lethal-forcepresentation

RBP
01-13-2015, 12:05 AM
Here's the transcript from that link

{removed for bitching}

Hugh_Janus
01-13-2015, 12:07 AM
tidy that up for fucks sake :lol:

RBP
01-13-2015, 12:09 AM
Tidy enough?

Hugh_Janus
01-13-2015, 12:17 AM
you on the blob?

FBD
01-16-2015, 07:28 PM
http://www.slideshare.net/robertsearfoss33/police-lethal-forcepresentation

Interesting mental masturbation with statistics.

What percentage of officers that kill someone are indicted for even so much as manslaughter?

When a cop is found to be abusing such laws as asset forfeiture, are they ever prosecuted?

This article is a bunch of relatively meaningless statistics that glosses over the reader's eyes with vapid data that does not address the root cause of why cops are not trusted.

Griffin
01-16-2015, 07:34 PM
... that does not address the root cause of why cops are not trusted.

I'm guessing it's because they are stupid enough to risk their lives going into unknown situations on a daily basis for a privileged and unthankful populace.

FBD
01-16-2015, 09:27 PM
:lol: while that's a convenient and wonderfully politically correct notion, you know damned well that far too many police officers abuse their authoritative position to impose their will on the citizenry. in other words, but complete dicks just because they can, and you as a lowly citizen cant say shit about it, and if you do, I'll figure out some way to haul your ass in to the precinct and claim you were selling loosies to your buddy there. Next time you speak up I choke you out with a few of my buddies and claim you were resisting arrest.

:shrug: you watch it play out in real life and....what the hell else do cops expect when they act like above and beyond the law dickheads?

Like I've said before, great for all yous that have had good experiences in dealing with the law - I've simply been far too many times between my friends and I in a situation where the cops are complete dicks. The two or so times they were not complete dicks that I can recall in my entire life, they were the old school ones that treated you like an actual human being.

Add robocop technology on to these young fuckers and they start thinking they're goddamed judge dredd.

Griffin
01-16-2015, 11:51 PM
I've always assumed that my having "good experiences in dealing with the law" is that I don't engage in activities that would warrant bad experiences.

That being said, with the ever increasing numbers of bad people doing bad things to encourage bad experiences with officers of the law then yes it is bringing out the so called "abuse".

But then people are much more likely to report that they were wronged than they are to give praise. So a few thugs got shot for acting like thugs, I for one couldn't care less.

FBD
01-17-2015, 03:25 PM
Yes, I see your perspective. Its great that you've never had a police officer accost you for nothing whatsoever because he had nothing better to do.

That's the thing that makes me chuckle, you guys have never experienced something like that and it doesnt make sense to you, so you just sit there and believe it doesnt exist.

It exists, I am very sorry to say. Doubly sorry to say its becoming the norm rather than the exception.

RBP
01-17-2015, 03:31 PM
It exists, I am very sorry to say. Doubly sorry to say its becoming the norm rather than the exception.

If there is anything to back that up other than anecdotal hyperbole, please post it.

FBD
01-17-2015, 03:40 PM
http://www.tehfalloutshelter.com/forumdisplay.php?9-News-Current-Events-and-Opinion :tup:

RBP
01-17-2015, 04:01 PM
That's what I thought.

FBD
01-18-2015, 04:22 PM
:lol: you really think you're goiing to collect this data from police and news reports? :lol:

no, you're just going to see things like jesus christ this guy has been arrested 31 times, how could that possibly happen? he must have been a REAL THUG :rolleyes: :haha: :lol:

"I cant blame the police for choking him out and killing him, they knkew exactly who he was and boy was he a problem"

yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Pony
01-18-2015, 05:01 PM
no, you're just going to see things like jesus christ this guy has been arrested 31 times....

And that has absolutely no relevance on how he might act when confronted by the police?

Personally I have had many interactions with cops over the years and have been arrested twice. 99% of my interaction with them has been neutral or positive. And I believe 100% that that is a direct reflection of my attitude and demeanor when dealing with them.

If 99% of your dealings with cops is negative maybe you need to look in the mirror to see who is to blame for them being assholes.

FBD
01-18-2015, 07:46 PM
Like I said, glad you guys have "normal" cops in your localities. Proving once again, you just cant fathom the all too common "cop with a chip on his shoulder" so your gut feeling is good enough for you to decide that someone else is simply wrong :lol

Griffin
01-18-2015, 11:20 PM
Lets go back in time 25 years to the mid "80's"...

Me and a buddy been Jeepin the back roads around lake, get stopped and arrested DWI. Didn't think I was drunk and requested a blood test. Taken to clinic, posted bail, sitting in my living an hour later. The blood test proved me innocent, all is good.

Mouthy buddy on the other hand got to ride to the sheriffs office in hand cuffs. He had his shoes taken away and spent the night in the drunk tank. Had to pay fines for drunk in public, resisting arrest, disorderly conduct.

...go figure. :-k

Griffin
01-18-2015, 11:37 PM
So I will point out the main points here.
Same two officers in the same squad car dealing with two different attitudes at the same time net different results.

deebakes
01-18-2015, 11:49 PM
it's probably because you're white and your friend was black :shrug:

Griffin
01-19-2015, 12:01 AM
now that you mention it, he did listen to that rap shit. :-s

deebakes
01-19-2015, 12:03 AM
:racist:

Griffin
01-19-2015, 12:20 AM
*note to self- new study on correlation of listening to rap shit and getting your ass kicked by cops.*

PorkChopSandwiches
01-19-2015, 12:28 AM
#white

Griffin
01-19-2015, 12:45 AM
whats that buckwheat? 8-)

deebakes
01-19-2015, 02:33 AM
porky's not black, he's brown :shrug:

Griffin
01-19-2015, 02:40 AM
buckwheat is actually closer to beige on the color chart.

DemonGeminiX
01-19-2015, 03:14 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78mrkwgvVRY

RBP
01-19-2015, 05:42 AM
Like I said, glad you guys have "normal" cops in your localities. Proving once again, you just cant fathom the all too common "cop with a chip on his shoulder" so your gut feeling is good enough for you to decide that someone else is simply wrong :lol

I don't think anyone is making assumptions here but you. What amazes me is that your "gut" is always correct regardless of whether you have facts to back anything up. But every other member's gut is wrong resulting from being mindless sheep.

Why can't you define or quantify "all too common"? Why can't you produce anything that says that the OP was incorrect when it stated that the statistical chance of a black man being shot by police is the same as for getting struck by lightning?

Oh, I forgot, you don't need to. You have "your gut".

Lambchop
01-19-2015, 09:26 AM
Sometimes a cop just needs to choke a black guy out. Some people meditate to reduce stress. Cops take part in the Asphyxnegro Olympics. It's just the way of life.

FBD
01-19-2015, 03:12 PM
I don't think anyone is making assumptions here but you. What amazes me is that your "gut" is always correct regardless of whether you have facts to back anything up. But every other member's gut is wrong resulting from being mindless sheep.

Why can't you define or quantify "all too common"? Why can't you produce anything that says that the OP was incorrect when it stated that the statistical chance of a black man being shot by police is the same as for getting struck by lightning?

Oh, I forgot, you don't need to. You have "your gut".

:lol: statistics...because statistics are by and large only perverse twists to attempt to put apples and oranges into the same container and scan them at the grocery store.

just like to Grif, anyone who gets their rights infringed upon by a cop was simply asking for it, just like a woman asks to be raped by wearing something that reveals the shape of her ass.

Hal-9000
01-19-2015, 05:11 PM
So I will point out the main points here.
Same two officers in the same squad car dealing with two different attitudes at the same time net different results.

this...

when a cop tells you to stop moving, put your hands up and shut your mouth...he's not infringing on your rights, he's controlling a fluid situation that could change at any moment

FBD
01-19-2015, 10:33 PM
:facepalm: that depends, is he detaining you, or questioning you pertinent to a presently ongoing investigation? are you doing something illegal? no? did he state he is arresting you? then...fuckin what, obey me, I am a police officer??

oh right we're assuming the officer even has a reason to have engaged you in the first place...

what? that doesnt happen? please tell me what other things naivete likes to believe :lol:

*shakes head*

when you can browbeat cops with actual statues they are breaking, you have a leg to stand on. if they havent broken it first, of course. if not, they violate your rights and get away with it.

that is by design.

under the law if a cop has no reason to engage you, he has no leg to stand on should he want to detain you, unless of course he wants to make up some bullshit reason to have an interaction with you.

knowing the law and what to tell these fuckin thungs (and yes, how to tell them it) is your only chance at not having your rights violated, unless of course you actually are encountering a man of the law and not a thug with a badge.