PDA

View Full Version : A killer could be on the loose in Manchester, after 61 bodies pulled from canal in just 6 years

Teh One Who Knocks
01-14-2015, 12:16 PM
Nicholas Reilly for Metro.co.uk

http://i.imgur.com/lValsLA.jpg

A university psychologist has said that he believes there may be a serial killer on the loose in Manchester, after 61 bodies were pulled from a canal in just six years.

While some of the victims are believed to have drowned following nights out, a large number remain unidentified.

In 22 cases, police were unable to identify the gender of the deceased, but insist that there is nothing suspicious about the deaths.

Speaking to the Daily Star, Professor Craig Jackson, head of psychology at Birmingham City University, has said it is possible that a ‘gay slayer’ could be responsible for some of the deaths, describing the body count as ‘alarming’.

He said: ‘It is extremely unlikely that such an alarming number of bodies found in the canals is the result of accidents or suicides.

‘Canals are not popular suicide spots, especially for men. They are, however, popular dumping sites.

‘And water can be a sure way to erase DNA evidence.’

He continued: ‘I think the fact several of these discoveries were made in Manchester’s Gay Village could also be significant.

‘Do we have another “gay slayer” like Colin Ireland on the loose? You couldn’t rule it out’.

The unusually high death toll has sparked frenzied interest in Manchester, with Twitter users coining the hashtag #thepusher, to speculate on the possibility of a murderer plaguing the city’s canals.

The most high profile case of a body being pulled from the water is that of Chris Brahney, a 22-year old barman who went missing after a Stone Roses gig in the city’s Heaton Park.

At the inquest into his death, the coroner was unable to return a verdict about Mr Brahney’s cause of death.

In another mysterious case, Canadian tourist Anthony Muise, 53, was found in a canal in 2010, having suffered a puncture wound to the chest.

Last night, Greater Manchester Police rubbished the possibility of a serial killer.

A spokesman said: ‘GMP is committed to thoroughly investigating each and every unexplained death and approach each one as potentially suspicious in its initial stages.

‘None of our investigations are carried out in isolation and, as we have said publicly before, we have established no link between the various incidents recorded.’

Goofy
01-14-2015, 01:07 PM
:cheerlead:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-14-2015, 01:07 PM
:-s

Goofy
01-14-2015, 01:14 PM
Serial killers are cool :tup:

Hal-9000
01-14-2015, 07:57 PM
geezis fck...doesn't Minz live close to that?

...pretty sure they can determine a cause of death in some of the 61 bodies :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
01-14-2015, 07:58 PM
geezis fck...doesn't Minz live close to that?

...pretty sure they can determine a cause of death in some of the 61 bodies :-k

Maybe the water in the canal is toxic and they were all tragic swimming accidents :-k

PorkChopSandwiches
01-14-2015, 08:02 PM
Gay Slayer is a great band

Hal-9000
01-14-2015, 08:02 PM
Maybe the water in the canal is toxic and they were all tragic swimming accidents :-k

average is 10 per year within a short time...

I imagine there could be drunken brawls resulting in accidents but WTF...is it the I don't care city? :lol:

Handfuls of people vanish and everyone is all :shrug:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-14-2015, 08:03 PM
average is 10 per year within a short time...

I imagine there could be drunken brawls resulting in accidents but WTF...is it the I don't care city? :lol:

Handfuls of people vanish and everyone is all :shrug:

They didn't vanish :hand:

They found them dead in the canal :tup:

Hal-9000
01-14-2015, 08:03 PM
and the canal has been there how long and they just decide to dredge it now?

:lol:

#touristwithalifejacket

Hal-9000
01-14-2015, 08:05 PM
They didn't vanish :hand:

They found them dead in the canal :tup:

Welcome to Mediocre Cops, with your host detective first class Joe Lance

Hal-9000
01-14-2015, 08:06 PM
:dance:

*sings*

Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do?

...not much really

Teh One Who Knocks
01-14-2015, 08:19 PM
Welcome to Mediocre Cops, with your host detective first class Joe Lance

:x

Hal-9000
01-14-2015, 08:30 PM
*phone rings*

DJL - Mediocre cops, detective Joe Lance speaking

caller - OMG there's a man wondering around in my backyard with a chainsaw please help!!!!

DJL - Calm down ma'am, we're here to help.

caller - HE'S LOOKING RIGHT IN THE WINDOW AT ME!!!!

DJL - Ma'am, I want to you to do something for me. For chrissakes quit being so damned nosy and close the curtains!

*click*

DJL - Another case solved, who wants donuts? :-s

Teh One Who Knocks
01-14-2015, 08:35 PM
*phone rings*

DJL - Mediocre cops, detective Joe Lance speaking

caller - OMG there's a man wondering around in my backyard with a chainsaw please help!!!!

DJL - Calm down ma'am, we're here to help.

caller - HE'S LOOKING RIGHT IN THE WINDOW AT ME!!!!

DJL - Ma'am, I want to you to do something for me. For chrissakes quit being so damned nosy and close the curtains!

*click*

DJL - Another case solved, who wants donuts? :-s

:slap:

Hal-9000
01-14-2015, 08:40 PM
it could be a weekly thing :lol:

Hal-9000
01-14-2015, 08:42 PM
next week on Mediocre Cops, detective Joe Lance has to to solve a midsize crossword puzzle... within 48 hours!

:dance:

Goofy
01-14-2015, 08:51 PM
:lol:

DemonGeminiX
01-14-2015, 08:56 PM
Gay Slayer is a great band

Singing War Ensemble with a gay accent a la Justin Long in Zach and Miri and an added heavy lisp.