PDA

View Full Version : Could you tackle Portishead cafe's 8,000-calorie, 59-item Monster Mega Breakfast?

Teh One Who Knocks
01-15-2015, 12:38 PM
By The Bristol Post

http://i.imgur.com/kEdhwJj.jpg

IT looks like a table of food capable of feeding an entire family for a day. But, in fact, this is a single breakfast being offered to customers at a Portishead cafe.

The Corner Cafe has launched a gut-busting challenge – inviting those with large appetites to take on an 8,000-calorie meal featuring 59 items of food.

The Monster Mega Breakfast contains six rashers of bacon, six sausages, six eggs, two thee-egg omelettes, four portions of fried potatoes and four portions of mushrooms. It also comes with six slices of black pudding, six hash browns, one bowl of chips, four onion rings, four slices of toast, two fried bread, half a grilled tomato, two portions of beans and two portions of tomatoes.

Challengers are given an hour to down the £15 meal, which they can wash down with either a pint of milkshake or a can of energy drink.

http://i.imgur.com/o385V28.png

But it is so large that nobody has yet managed to complete the meal.

Despite the huge array of products in the feast, the cafe can whip up a the breakfast in just ten minutes.

One member of staff takes on the eggs, omelettes, beans, toast and tomatoes while a chef fries up the rest.

The cafe's manger Lucy Butler said: "It takes about 10 minutes to make – for us, that is a long time.

"We are a fast food place really, but when one of these orders comes in, the kitchen becomes manic.

"It's quite cramped in the kitchen. We do it so quickly because it would be harder if the person challenging had to want to eat if cold. As a cafe, we also don't want to serve it cold."

The breakfast was launched last Wednesday. Five people have attempted the meal and failed to finish it.

Contestants are given an hour to attempt the challenge, signing a waiver before starting.

Customers trying the huge breakfast must be at least 18 years old, sharing the meal is banned and participants must stop if they are sick.

Swaps are allowed but only certain items may be exchanged, with winners added to the 'champions' wall with a photo, receiving a free mega breakfast voucher, mini trophy and keyring.

The breakfast is cooked normally, with sunflower oil used for frying, and each item's calories had to be worked out individually before they were all added together.

Lucy, 19, added: "The idea came about from watching Man v Food. Me and my sister thought we had to do it. If we were to do it, we thought, why not try to make it the biggest in Britain? We don't make any money off of it. It's just a bit of fun. We are quite a happy cafe and it just came about as fun – nothing else."

redred
01-15-2015, 01:13 PM
nice 20 minutes in and half of it is now cold

Teh One Who Knocks
01-15-2015, 01:16 PM
Eat faster :hand:

redred
01-15-2015, 01:18 PM
i like to enjoy my food

deebakes
01-15-2015, 01:56 PM
:puke:

DemonGeminiX
01-15-2015, 06:49 PM
Who the fuck eats beans, mushrooms, chips (french fries), onion rings, and tomatoes at breakfast? Fried potatoes? Fried bread? What the hell is the purpose of fried bread?

:-s

Red, your people are fucking weird.

:nuts:

redred
01-15-2015, 07:08 PM
baked beans good
mushrooms good
chips (french fries) no
onion rings no
tomatoes good
Fried potatoes good
Fried bread not a fan

What the hell is the purpose of fried bread? my understanding is it soaks up all the cooking fat that it's cooked with i can't stand it this way as it makes me feel sick :lol: toast or bread and butter is fine

PorkChopSandwiches
01-15-2015, 07:11 PM
Who the fuck eats beans, mushrooms, chips (french fries), onion rings, and tomatoes at breakfast? Fried potatoes? Fried bread? What the hell is the purpose of fried bread?

:-s

Red, your people are fucking weird.

I eat beans, tomatoes and fried potato's at breakfast

Hal-9000
01-15-2015, 07:25 PM
doesn't really look like that much to me :-k

and what the hell is a rasher of bacon??

love the added free milkshake :lol:

redred
01-15-2015, 07:27 PM
a thin slice of bacon or if you didn't fancy the milkshake i did read you could swap for a can of monster energy drink :lol: to aid the heart attack along

Hal-9000
01-15-2015, 07:31 PM
:lol:

can I have an ashtray please so I may smoke while getting the BP to 300 over 4 million please? :)

redred
01-15-2015, 07:32 PM

Hal-9000
01-15-2015, 07:35 PM
and the prize is a voucher for the second biggest breakfast they offer :rofl: ...like you'd want that after shoveling down the first biggest trough of food

seriously...other than the two plates of toast, the portions of each item don't look overwhelming

DemonGeminiX
01-15-2015, 08:13 PM
baked beans good
mushrooms good
chips (french fries) no
onion rings no
tomatoes good
Fried potatoes good
Fried bread not a fan

What the hell is the purpose of fried bread? my understanding is it soaks up all the cooking fat that it's cooked with i can't stand it this way as it makes me feel sick :lol: toast or bread and butter is fine

I would be finished after one omelet, two slices of buttered toast, and a few pieces of bacon.

PorkChopSandwiches
01-15-2015, 08:30 PM
You've never had hash browns for breakfast?
Plus Im almost full Mexican over here, so beans and tomato are pretty much a part of any meal :lol:

DemonGeminiX
01-15-2015, 08:34 PM
I'm not really a fan of hash browns. Besides, potatoes, hash browns, and French fries? Christ, pick one and be done with the starch.

PorkChopSandwiches
01-15-2015, 08:35 PM
That is a bit much

DemonGeminiX
01-15-2015, 08:38 PM
Seriously, eating those three... how could you even manage to get to anything else afterwards?

Hal-9000
01-15-2015, 08:55 PM
Seriously, eating those three... how could you even manage to get to anything else afterwards?

Supermodel or Stoner method would work..

blow chunks into your napkin or smoke some killer weed :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
01-15-2015, 08:56 PM
Yep, fried bread is all UK :lol:

deebakes
01-16-2015, 01:32 AM

fucking mexicans and their ethnic food :x