PDA

View Full Version : Naya Rivera Says Showering Daily Is "Such a White People Thing," Viewers Freak Out on Social Media

Teh One Who Knocks
01-15-2015, 12:41 PM
By Esther Lee - Us Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/Gqy7f1h.jpg

No, Naya, no! Naya Rivera shared a rather controversial theory about people's hygienic tendencies while guest-hosting The View on Tuesday, Jan. 13, and the Internet is not reacting well to her comments.

The Glee actress, 28, presented her opinion to Rosie O'Donnell, Nicolle Wallace, and the other ladies seated at the roundtable. "I have to say I have a theory about showering, [which] is that I think that white people shower a lot more than ethnics," Rivera remarked as Wallace started laughing. "I feel like showering more than once a day or every day is such a white people thing."

One of her stunned costars chimed in: "I would like to dispute that!" while O'Donnell pointed to an audience member.

"Look, there is an African-American woman right there in a yellow shirt that is about to have a heart attack," she remarked.

Rivera, attempting to repair the situation, noted that her mother is half-black, half-Puerto Rican. "She showers every day, so I can say this," the actress said directly to the guest. "But I can say that I am now married to a white man [Ryan Dorsey], and he showers a lot. Like, a lot — two, three times a day. I'm like, 'What are you doing?'"

Rivera then got scientific in trying to prove her point. "A study says... a dermatologist says you are only supposed to shower once or twice every three days, so I'm right on the mark."

Regardless of her intentions, Rivera attracted the wrath of viewers on Tuesday as fans immediately took to social media to voice their opinions.

Now white people gonna think we don't shower cuz of Naya Rivera
— Haitian ODB (@RetiredFilth) January 13, 2015

When YOU tell the world YOU shower every 3 days that says more about YOU not us Naya Rivera; somethings are better left unsaid ????
— Jai M. (@jaimuziq) January 13, 2015

According to @NayaRivera white people shower more than "ethnic" people. Gotta delete her from this page.
— No Justice.No Peace. (@PoCBeauty) January 13, 2015

Rivera responded to the brewing controversy on Tuesday by simply by telling critics to lighten up.

When you get out of the shower today, get a sense of humor. Love ya!
— Naya Rivera Dorsey (@NayaRivera) January 13, 2015

deebakes
01-15-2015, 02:01 PM
dirty bitch :lol:

redred
01-15-2015, 03:57 PM
makes me glad i'm white :lol:

Hal-9000
01-15-2015, 07:05 PM
no shower for 3 days and I bet that little furry enchilada has extra guacamole in it...