PDA

View Full Version : Al Sharpton Links All-White Oscar Acting Nominations To Ferguson

Teh One Who Knocks
01-16-2015, 10:52 AM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/mOweKLy.png

After the Academy Award nominations were announced this morning, there was the usual grumbling about snubs, but also accusations of racism.

According to Mediaite.com, all twenty acting nominees are white, which has not happened since 1998.

The hashtag #OscarsSoWhite was trending on Twitter because many folks felt the Oscars were discriminating against minorities.

The film "Selma" was nominated for Best Picture, but its female African-American director Ava DuVernay and lead actor David Oyelowo, who played Martin Luther King Jr., were shut out.

MSNBC host and civil rights leader Rev. Al Sharpton told the New York Daily News that the lack of diversity was “appallingly insulting in the year of 2015."

“In the time of Staten Island and Ferguson, to have one of the most shutout Oscar nights in recent memory is something that is incongruous," added Sharpton. “The only category we’re well represented is in the Best Picture nomination and it’s a movie about blacks being shut out of society, and now we’re shut out of Hollywood.”

RBP
01-16-2015, 12:19 PM
:stfu:

Goofy
01-16-2015, 01:01 PM
I never got a nomination either so they must be discriminating against Scottish bodyshop workers........ fuckin' racists :x

Teh One Who Knocks
01-16-2015, 01:05 PM
Scottish isn't a race :nono:

Goofy
01-16-2015, 01:08 PM
Scottish isn't a race :nono:

If it was i'd come first :dance:

:-k

:sad2:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-16-2015, 01:13 PM
:tumble: