PDA

View Full Version : Boy, 5, invoiced for £16 ‘no show’ fee after missing friend’s birthday party

Goofy
01-19-2015, 01:39 PM
http://i.imgur.com/HPVCyga.jpg

A five-year-old boy has been handed an invoice for £16 after missing his friend’s birthday party.

Alex Nash, 5, found the note in his school bag a few days after pulling out of a trip to a local ski and snowboarding centre so he could go and visit his grandparents.

Alex’s father Derek said he initially thought the £15.95 invoice was a joke – until the other boy’s mother later threatened to take the family to the small claims court.

The confusion arose after the Nash family confirmed Alex would be attending, before later realising they had also arranged to go on a day trip with Alex’s grandparents.

‘We did not have a contact number, email or an address to let [the boy’s mother] know,’ Mr Nash explained.

‘So on the day of the party we asked Alex what he wanted to do – he chose to be with his grandparents.’

http://i.imgur.com/49fxiHg.jpg

A week later, Alex received the invoice after one of the teachers at Torpoint Nursery and Infant School in Cornwall put it into his bag at his friend’s mother’s request.

The school has since apologised for its involvement.

‘[My partner] looked in Alex’s school bag and found a brown envelope. It was an invoice for £15.95 for a child’s party no show fee,’ Mr Nash continued.

‘I would have sympathised with her about the cost of Alex not showing up, but I just can’t believe the way she has gone about it.’

Derek’s partner, who doesn’t want to be named, has been in contact with the mum via Facebook hoping to resolve the situation.

Goofy
01-19-2015, 01:39 PM
:nuts:

RBP
01-19-2015, 01:55 PM
The formal invoice is pretty funny. :lol:

redred
01-19-2015, 02:10 PM
I should do this :lol: had a friend of my little one drop out 1/2 hour before a party this weekend , cost me 20 quid and could of invited someone else if was told sooner

PorkChopSandwiches
01-19-2015, 03:44 PM
See you in court

FBD
01-19-2015, 03:52 PM
:lol: all I'd be asking those fools is how that wad of invoice tasted

Teh One Who Knocks
01-20-2015, 12:04 PM
The Associated Press

LONDON – It was not what Derek Nash expected to find in his 5-year-old's school bag: A bill demanding a "no-show fee" for another child's birthday party.

Nash said the bill from another parent sought 15.95 pounds ($24.00) because his son Alex had not attended the party at a ski center in Plymouth, southwest England.

Nash told the BBC on Monday he had initially accepted the party invitation, but later realized Alex was supposed to visit his grandparents that day. He said he did not have contact details to let the other family know.

The birthday boy's mother, Julie Lawrence, told the BBC that her contact details were on the party invitation.

Nash says Lawrence has threatened him with small claims court but he has no plans so far to pay.