PDA

View Full Version : California girls high school basketball coach suspended after 161-2 victory

Teh One Who Knocks
01-20-2015, 12:06 PM
FOX News

http://i.imgur.com/FSKu6AZ.jpg

A Southern California high school basketball coach has been suspended and faces accusations of mercilessly running up the score after his team won a game 161-2, one of the most lopsided scores in state history.

Arroyo Valley High girls' coach Michael Anderson was suspended for two games after the victory last week against Bloomington High.

Anderson said that he wasn't trying to run up the score or embarrass the opposition. His team had won four previous games by at least 70 points, and Bloomington had already lost a game by 91.

"The game just got away from me," Anderson told the San Bernardino Sun Friday. "I didn't play any starters in the second half. I didn't expect them to be that bad. I'm not trying to embarrass anybody."

He says if he had it to do again, he'd have played only reserves after the first quarter, or "I wouldn't play the game at all."

But Bloomington coach Dale Chung says Arroyo Valley used a full-court press for the entire first half to lead 104-1 at halftime.

"People shouldn't feel sorry for my team," Chung said. "They should feel sorry for his team, which isn't learning the game the right way."

Anderson has served one game of the suspension, a game his team won 80-19. He'll return after sitting out one more.

''He's a great X's and O's coach," Chung said. "Ethically? Not so much. He knows what he did was wrong."

Anderson told the paper that he did not broadcast the score on Maxpreps.com and did not tell it to any newspapers. The paper reported that a photo of the scoreboard did, however, appear on the team's Facebook page.

RBP
01-20-2015, 12:21 PM
one of the most lopsided scores in state history

:-k

What game was more lopsided than that? :lol:

dmni
01-20-2015, 12:53 PM
So competitive sport is no longer about winning. Should they have been scoring into their own basket to even up the score?

Goofy
01-20-2015, 01:24 PM
Suspended for being good at his job? :nuts: If you don't like getting thumped by 159 points then it might be worth putting in a bit more effort and practice.......

Loser
01-20-2015, 01:58 PM
Suspended for being good at his job? :nuts: If you don't like getting thumped by 159 points then it might be worth putting in a bit more effort and practice.......

But entitled little shits want a victory with no effort, because mommy and daddy said their "special"... :facepalm:

deebakes
01-20-2015, 02:21 PM
shitty team needs to learn how to play the basketball :shrug:

PorkChopSandwiches
01-20-2015, 04:35 PM
The real issue, is why leave in your starters when you are dominating like that, Im sure some of the second and third string would like to play

Teh One Who Knocks
01-20-2015, 04:38 PM
The real issue, is why leave in your starters when you are dominating like that, Im sure some of the second and third string would like to play

"The game just got away from me," Anderson told the San Bernardino Sun Friday. "I didn't play any starters in the second half. I didn't expect them to be that bad. I'm not trying to embarrass anybody."

FBD
01-20-2015, 04:47 PM
Practice plan execute.

ingrain through training a method.

so you're asking the team to do exactly the opposite of what their training is during a game. greeeaat.

if one notices its the exact same way the uconn women or....whatever other good womens teams play....they get to a shitty team and the shitty team just gets absolutely dominated.

its the fault of the people setting this shit up a game's that lopsided. hey let's have this bottom of the barrel team play this top notch one....why are you even in the same league?

those are the people that should be fucking off here

PorkChopSandwiches
01-20-2015, 04:59 PM

I didnt finish the story in this post, the one I read in my local news said he didnt pull the starters until the 3rd quarter

PorkChopSandwiches
01-20-2015, 05:00 PM
Also, I have no problem with a team being dominated, I dont think he should have been suspended. Unless there is something in his contract to that effect

Teh One Who Knocks
01-20-2015, 05:08 PM
Also, I have no problem with a team being dominated, I dont think he should have been suspended. Unless there is something in his contract to that effect

How are high schools divided in California for athletics? In Vermont there were 4 divisions based on school size in here in Colorado there are 5 classes, again, all based on school size. And when I was growing up in Vermont, schools could compete in lower divisions in certain sports if they weren't very good and couldn't compete with the bigger schools.

PorkChopSandwiches
01-20-2015, 05:23 PM
I imagine similar, but these two schools are similar

Arroyo Valley High School
9-12 San Bernardino, CA Contact info Students enrolled: 2,863

Bloomington High School
9-12 Bloomington, CA Contact info Students enrolled: 2,760

deebakes
01-21-2015, 01:24 AM
I didnt finish the story in this post, the one I read in my local news said he didnt pull the starters until the 3rd quarter

are you retarded? 3rd quarter = second half :rofl:

PorkChopSandwiches
01-21-2015, 03:15 AM
Bwhahahha, it wouldn't be the first time I have been asked.

I read it more as pulled during, not at :derp:

deebakes
01-21-2015, 03:54 AM
:rofl: