PDA

View Full Version : Man ticketed for eating cheeseburger while driving

Teh One Who Knocks
01-20-2015, 12:16 PM
11Alive Staff, WXIA

http://i.imgur.com/EB4joct.jpg

COBB COUNTY, Ga. -- A Cobb County officer ticketed a man for eating a cheeseburger while driving.

Madison Turner was chomping down on his quarter-pounder with cheese when a police officer ticketed him for eating while driving.

"The officer said to me that I wasn't speeding or driving erratically," Turner said.

Attorney Tom Salata said he's never seen anything like it. He says there's usually a driving offense involved.

The law is fairly broad. It's illegal to do anything that would distract "from the safe operation of such vehicle."

"I have pulled someone over before for failing to maintain their lane, it was a female who was eating a bowl of cereal heading to work," said Sgt. Stephanie Stallings of the Georgia State Patrol.

Drivers we talked to seemed to understand the danger, but not the ticket. Turner wants to hear what a judge has to say.

"I was extremely careful and didn't get a bit of mustard on my shirt," Turner said.

Goofy
01-20-2015, 01:43 PM
"I was extremely careful and didn't get a bit of mustard on my shirt," Turner said.

:lol:

deebakes
01-20-2015, 02:22 PM
:wtf:

FBD
01-20-2015, 02:47 PM
#policestate

DemonGeminiX
01-20-2015, 07:03 PM
Turner wants to hear what a judge has to say.

You're wasting your time and money, but good luck.

;)

PorkChopSandwiches
01-20-2015, 07:17 PM
McDonalds should be illegal

FBD
01-20-2015, 07:24 PM
it is seriously a state law in georgia that you cant eat and drive at the same time??? what the fucking fuck?

Hugh_Janus
01-21-2015, 07:42 PM
it is seriously a state law in georgia that you cant eat and drive at the same time??? what the fucking fuck?

you can't over here either.... if youy choke on something you'll buck someone's day up