PDA

View Full Version : Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Take Shots At 'American Sniper'

Teh One Who Knocks
01-20-2015, 12:32 PM
By Charles Roberts - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/kX3ZiAI.jpg

As American Sniper dominated Martin Luther King Jr. weekend en route to an estimated $100+ million box office haul, several notable Hollywood personalities took very public stances against the film.

On Sunday, filmmaker Michael Moore tweeted out this comment: “My uncle killed by sniper in WW2. We were taught snipers were cowards. Will shoot u in the back. Snipers aren't heroes. And invaders r worse.”

http://i.imgur.com/ZcVvSVu.jpg

While he didn’t specifically mention American Sniper in that social media post, it’s clear what he was referring to.

Seth Rogen also made waves with his commentary on the film, noting that he found it similar to a Nazi propaganda movie that was played in Inglourious Basterds.

“American Sniper kind of reminds me of the movie that's showing in the third act of Inglorious Basterds,” he tweeted out.

http://i.imgur.com/YQbPn9i.jpg

American Sniper stars Bradley Cooper as the late Chris Kyle, a veteran who was killed after returning from Iraq in 2013 by a soldier with PTSD whom he had been mentoring.

Although some Hollywood personalities seem to have taken issue with the Clint Eastwood-directed movie, American Sniper was met very favorably by movie-goers – both in terms of commercial and critical success. The film shattered previous January records and, according to Rotten Tomatoes, 89 percent of the people who saw the movie “liked it.”

Goofy
01-20-2015, 01:40 PM
Who cares what a pair of wankers think about anything? :lol:

deebakes
01-20-2015, 02:25 PM
they probably missed :shrug:

FBD
01-20-2015, 02:49 PM
well I agree with him about "invaders"

RBP
01-20-2015, 04:14 PM
well I agree with him about "invaders"
Ugh.

FBD
01-20-2015, 05:30 PM
fuck that man, all of these "wars" declared or undeclared are all just to prop up failed promises - and not just failed promises, but outright fucking lies.

the petrodollar racket is just that, a fkn racket, only "legal" because of the guns that back it up.

from the establishment of the fed to the 40s bretton woods to the abandonment of gold altogether, each time was a theft from the american people, amongst other nations also.

they ended those accords because people in other nations started figuring out they were fucked and held a bunch of relatively worthless IOUs

and we said fuck that our currency is worth whatever we say it is

they aint as wrong as fox news makes them out to be, but no way in hell as right as huffpo makes 'em out to be.

either way, the owners of those outlets are bought off entities themselves and wont report anything too far beyond what the overlord consider palatable information for the masses.

so yes, Ugh.

RBP
01-20-2015, 06:18 PM
Yes, clearly every event is contrived, there is no naturally occurring evil in the world to be confronted, there is no good to be done, because we are all just unwitting slaves to the petrol overlords.

I know the mantra.

FBD
01-20-2015, 07:11 PM
the mantra is call a spade a spade, so if fatass michael moore makes a correct point, I will call it a correct point.

but hey, I understand the narrative. those that go against it are labeled crazy crackpots for going against the official story. one can tell how doe or glassy eyed the reader is by the relative level of understanding of the responses :lol:

FBD
01-20-2015, 07:59 PM
http://www.theburningplatform.com/2015/01/19/propaganda-fear-mongering-works/

RBP
01-20-2015, 11:43 PM
http://www.theburningplatform.com/2015/01/19/propaganda-fear-mongering-works/

Let me guess, you see absolutely no correlation between a focus on terrorism and a low rate of domestic terrorism related deaths.

FBD
01-21-2015, 01:04 PM
I see a high correlation between terrorism and the US government

Teh One Who Knocks
01-21-2015, 01:09 PM
Just Jared

http://i.imgur.com/f300oUN.jpg

Seth Rogen was in some hot water yesterday when he sent out a tweet seemingly comparing American Sniper to a Nazi propaganda film.

“American Sniper kind of reminds me of the movie that’s showing in the third act of Inglorious Basterds” the 32-year-old comedian wrote on his Twitter account. If you remember, the “third act” of Inglorious Basterds shows Nazi leaders watching Stolz der Nation (Nation’s Pride), which is about a German sniper.

Later, Seth took to Twitter to blast his critics and clarify what he was saying.

http://i.imgur.com/2sLcTof.png

FBD
01-21-2015, 01:14 PM
all for making the honest observation that its a murica fuck yeah rah rah patriot movie that's most likely full of dumbass embellishments :roll:

RBP
01-21-2015, 03:54 PM
I see a high correlation between terrorism and the US government
Here's how I see our differences.

There's a very fertile family with 3 girls. Two girls have a child every 18 months. One is painstaking in use of birth control.

I conclude the birth control is effective.

You conclude that the children were placed with the other 2 women to give the illusion of fertility to enrich the baby products industry while the 3rd woman is actually sterile and wasting her resources on the false premise created by the fabricated families.

Hal-9000
01-21-2015, 04:01 PM
all for making the honest observation that its a murica fuck yeah rah rah patriot movie that's most likely full of dumbass embellishments :roll:

It does have some embellishments yes...but the main fact is that he was the deadliest sniper in US history. Unless some of his targets were 'bad', meaning non military, we can't remove his actions on the battlefield from the equation.

FBD
01-21-2015, 04:37 PM
Here's how I see our differences.

There's a very fertile family with 3 girls. Two girls have a child every 18 months. One is painstaking in use of birth control.

I conclude the birth control is effective.

You conclude that the children were placed with the other 2 women to give the illusion of fertility to enrich the baby products industry while the 3rd woman is actually sterile and wasting her resources on the false premise created by the fabricated families.

stop smoking crack and drinking kool aid

here's how I see our differences.

you watch fox news and get "the truth"

I moved on from that quite a long time ago when it became plainly obvious that certain information is too sensitive to address. then I look at who the owner is friends with. hm, coincidence?

you believe whatever tripe the government puts out short of stuff that has a BLS stamp on it, or of course, since you drink the red kool aid, anything from a democrat.

you believe the news(tm) would not lie or falsely represent something to the public "because it was in the interests of national security"

"because the government told us it was for national security"

You forget that GWB's pops is the guy who created the CIA, and who he was friends with.

You forget or willfully dismiss a lot of stuff since it doesnt agree with the red kool aid.

Sorry pal, you've displayed quite enough behavior to be placed into the red kool aid bucket.

Go ahead, call me crazy for pointing out all of the gaping holes :lol: :haha: :slap: That's pretty much just making you an apologist for government trespasses, and the trespasses of those who have bought the government.

I dunno, enjoy when they false flag nuke chicago, I guess :roll:

FBD
01-21-2015, 04:45 PM
http://libertyblitzkrieg.com/2015/01/20/this-is-how-the-u-s-government-convinces-a-newspaper-to-kill-a-story/

Under President George W. Bush, the White House urged reporters to withhold accounts about many of the most contentious aspects in the war on terrorism: the existence of a secret prison in Thailand, the Central Intelligence Agency’s interrogation and detention program, warrantless wiretapping and government monitoring of financial transactions.

The Obama administration has persuaded reporters to delay publishing the existence of a drone base in Saudi Arabia, the name of a country in which a drone strike against an American citizen was being considered, the fact that a diplomat arrested in Pakistan was a C.I.A. officer and that an American businessman was working for the agency when he disappeared in Iran.

- From the New York Times article: Condoleezza Rice Testifies on Urging The Times to Not Run Article

WASHINGTON — White House officials favor two primary tactics when they want to kill a news article, Condoleezza Rice, the former national security adviser, testified Thursday: They can essentially confirm the report by arguing that it is too important to national security to be published, or they can say that the reporter has it wrong.

Sitting across from a reporter and editor from The New York Times in early 2003, Ms. Rice said, she tried both.

Testifying in the leak trial of Jeffrey Sterling, a former C.I.A. officer, Ms. Rice described how the White House successfully persuaded Times editors not to publish an article about a secret operation to disrupt Iran’s nuclear program. James Risen, a Times reporter, ultimately revealed the program in his 2006 book, “State of War,” and said that the C.I.A. had botched the operation. Prosecutors used Ms. Rice’s testimony to bolster their case that the leak to Mr. Risen had harmed national security.

Ms. Rice’s account also threw a light on how the government pressures journalists to avoid publishing details about United States security affairs. It is a common practice that is seldom discussed.

Under President George W. Bush, the White House urged reporters to withhold accounts about many of the most contentious aspects in the war on terrorism: the existence of a secret prison in Thailand, the Central Intelligence Agency’s interrogation and detention program, warrantless wiretapping and government monitoring of financial transactions.

The Obama administration has persuaded reporters to delay publishing the existence of a drone base in Saudi Arabia, the name of a country in which a drone strike against an American citizen was being considered, the fact that a diplomat arrested in Pakistan was a C.I.A. officer and that an American businessman was working for the agency when he disappeared in Iran.

According to notes of the White House meeting, George J. Tenet, the C.I.A. director at the time, told Mr. Risen and his editor, Jill Abramson, that the program was not mismanaged and that Iran had not discovered the design flaw. The C.I.A. prepared talking points for Ms. Rice that said that revealing the program would not only jeopardize the former Russian scientist — who had become an American citizen — but “conceivably contribute to the deaths of millions of innocent victims” in the event of an Iranian nuclear attack. Ms. Rice said she urged The Times to destroy any documents or notes about the program.

so what do you do when the evidence is right there in your face, rbp?

RBP
01-21-2015, 06:12 PM
I neither smoke crack nor watch FNC, but I do find it both ironic and humorous that you spread your version of truth and belittle anyone that dares disagree.

That's exactly what you accuse the government and FNC of doing.

FBD
01-21-2015, 06:54 PM
nope nobody else's doing that

we're all doing it ffs

you, me, everybody.

the government and people that own it have everything to gain by doing so

the plebes have everything to lose by doing so, but easily manipulated as they are, plod on as they are led nonetheless.

Goofy
01-21-2015, 08:00 PM
http://i.imgur.com/g7zTQRN.png?1