PDA

View Full Version : Nicole Scherzinger Replaces Cheryl Cole on The X Factor

Teh One Who Knocks
05-26-2011, 01:04 AM
Us Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/YVyW6.jpg

The X Factor's Cheryl Cole will no longer sit beside Simon Cowell, L.A. Reid and Paula Abdul at the judges' table, TMZ reports.

A source close to Cole tells Us Weekly that "it's true. She isn't on the show anymore. Everyone is gobsmacked. This came out of nowhere. She had already been tested countless times. Simon had nothing to do with it. This is the network's doing."

Adds a second insider, "I feel really sorry for her."

No word yet on why the 27-year-old Brit is out, but a source claims former Pussycat Dolls singer and Dancing With the Stars champ Nicole Scherzinger, 32, is slated to take her spot. The "Poison" singer was previously hired to co-host the show with Steve Jones.

Auditions for the American version of The X Factor began in L.A. March 27; the show will begin airing in September.

Cole's rep was unavailable for comment.

deebakes
05-26-2011, 01:08 AM
does anyone really care? :-k

Muddy
05-26-2011, 01:08 AM
Im on the edge of my seat...

deebakes
05-26-2011, 01:11 AM
sorry about that mom...

:razz:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-26-2011, 12:04 PM
The X Factor Is Already Down a Judge? (At Least It Isn't Paula...)
by Natalie Finn

Simon Cowell's The X Factor is primed to take over America this fall. But one judge from the U.K. import seems to have been lost in translation.

Cheryl Cole, we hardly knew ye!

The British pop star and veteran judge of The X Factor in England has reportedly left the show partway through the audition process, and you won't believe why!

Or, maybe you will.

TMZ, which first reported the switcheroo, cited a source that said Cole wasn't meshing well with the other female judge in Cowell's life, Paula Abdul. That, and there were supposedly concerns that Cole's thick accent (she's from the very romantic-sounding Newcastle upon Tyne) would be too tough for American audiences to understand.

Er, thanks for looking out, X Factor, but we probably could have coped.

Anyway, to fill the empty chair alongside Cowell, Abdul and L.A. Reid, producers didn't have to look far: Nicole Scherzinger, who was going to cohost the show with Steve Jones (who's Welsh, and will apparently need subtitles), will join the judges instead.

Fox had no comment, of course, but when Cole doesn't show up for work tomorrow...we'll know why.

Arkady Renko
05-26-2011, 12:52 PM
so how is either of the two qualified to judge anything relating to music?

Teh One Who Knocks
05-26-2011, 12:54 PM
Not sure about Nicole other than that she's a singer, but I guess Cheryl has been on the UK version of the X-Factor judging...not sure how long tho.

Arkady Renko
05-26-2011, 12:56 PM
I know, but seeing how neither of them ever wrote any of the stuff they sing and mainly made a carreer out of looking nice, how can they appreciate people's musical talent?

beowulf
05-26-2011, 12:58 PM
wai ai pet, divvent knaa what the problem is, ah speak proper leik

Teh One Who Knocks
05-26-2011, 01:19 PM

:lol:

What about the Steve Jones guy? The article says he's Welsh...is he gonna be impossible to understand too? :lol:

Tank
05-26-2011, 03:46 PM
(she's from the very romantic-sounding Newcastle upon Tyne)

romantic!? :huh: you guys over there got no idea of the place really!! romanit it aint! :mrgreen:

Steve Jones (who's Welsh, and will apparently need subtitles)

so they can subtitle him, but not chezza!?

methinks its probably more of a personalities thing between the 2 ladies from reading the article.

aye, we can understandz yah purfect leik!

:lol:

What about the Steve Jones guy? The article says he's Welsh...is he gonna be impossible to understand too? :lol:

:-s i'm Welsh, and you guys understand me ok dont you!? :huh:

i was gonna include Mush in this too but even i dont understand him! but think thats more down to him being a hobbo

Tank
05-26-2011, 03:52 PM
found this vid of both of them talking together . . . . . can yee understands us?? :-s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4375mPZ2D0