PDA

View Full Version : Billy Crystal Says Homosexual Scenes on TV Are 'Pushing It'

Teh One Who Knocks
01-21-2015, 02:32 PM
Just Jared

http://i.imgur.com/pN7fPP4.jpg

Billy Crystal and Josh Gad hit the stage for The Comedians panel during the FX Networks portion of the Television Critics Association press tour held at the Langham Hotel on Sunday (January 18) in Pasadena, Calif.

Also at the TCA panels were Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll stars Denis Leary, Elizabeth Gillies, and John Corbett, Louis‘ Louis CK, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia‘s Charlie Day, Danny DeVito and more, and Man Seeking Woman‘s Jay Baruchel, among others.

At the panel, Billy created some controversies with his views on homosexual interaction on television.

“Sometimes I think, ‘Ah that’s too much for me,’” Billy, who played television’s first openly gay character on the 1970s sitcom Soap shared. “I did it in front of a live audience and there were times when I would say to Bob [Seagren], ‘I love you,’ and the audience would laugh nervously. I wanted to stop the taping and go, ‘What is your problem?’”

“Sometimes, it’s just pushing it a little too far for my taste and I’m not going to reveal to you which ones they are,” Billy added.

Griffin
01-22-2015, 12:47 AM
Soap was hilarious!

Hal-9000
01-22-2015, 06:36 PM
Yes it was...and most of the shock came from the comparatively tame lines alluding to homosexuality...I can't recall Crystal ever kissing his onscreen pal, much less hugging or holding hands that often..

Teh One Who Knocks
01-22-2015, 06:56 PM
I have to agree with him on the current trend of ghey scenes on TV now

PorkChopSandwiches
01-22-2015, 07:08 PM
I dont mind the lipstick lesbians