PDA

View Full Version : This is how McDonald’s makes its french fries

Teh One Who Knocks
01-23-2015, 11:49 AM
FOX News

http://i.imgur.com/93oVGjR.jpg

McDonald’s latest installment of the digital series “Our Food. Your Questions.” --which tries to debunk myths about the chain's food -- goes behind the scenes of how America's most favorite fast food french fries are made.

While some might assume they are made with lots of different chemicals, the fast food giants have confirmed the main ingredient is just a potato.

“I’ve been asked by people are the fries even made out of potatoes? Are they ground up and mushed into the fry shape?” former "Mythbusters" host Grant Imahara asks as he walks through a super sized potato production plant.

Instead of going from farm-to-table, Imahara reverses the process—taking viewers from the fryer to the farm.

First, the potatoes are peeled and then cut into a fry shape.

Next, they are dipped in dextrose natural sugar) to maintain a golden color, before being treated with sodium acid pyrophosphate which prevents the chips from going grey on their way to the fast food outlets.

Yes, the fries are partially fried and then frozen, and yes they contain a few un-pronounceable additives to maintain consistency. But that’s why they always taste so good.

Check out the whole process behind the signature McDonald’s fry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el0EDgyO39w&x-yt-ts=1421914688&x-yt-cl=84503534

Goofy
01-23-2015, 12:10 PM
Thats the one thing i love at mcdonalds :homer:

DemonGeminiX
01-23-2015, 02:27 PM
Yeah, their fries rock.

FBD
01-23-2015, 03:40 PM
I worked at mcdonals for 2 weeks when I was 16. I havent eaten there since ;)

Loser
01-23-2015, 09:40 PM
Show what their burgers are made of... ;)

deebakes
01-24-2015, 01:54 AM
:puke:

Loser
01-24-2015, 03:22 AM
Well...Hot dogs are made from whats left over. Ears, lips, and assholes...

What's left over for mcdonalds? Because we know they buy the cheapest possible shit.

Scrotums, taints, and belly buttons? :lmao:

Yt Trash
01-24-2015, 03:51 PM
I worked at mcdonals for 2 weeks when I was 16. I havent eaten there since ;)

I can beat that. I worked 2 hours of a morning shift. I was the egg mcmuffin egg maker. The smell got to me, I walked out. Manager asked If I can atleast finish the shift, I told him not unless he wanted :puke: on the hot plate. I've eaten there but I'd never work fast food after that.

FBD
01-24-2015, 06:17 PM
I only swore off the food industry after working at bickford's washing dishes for a year and a half or two, fuck that stench :tup:

but mcdonalds, it was the shit the employees did, and all too much of it involving the food.

when you manager tells you to pick that bun top up off the floor because its going to fuck up the nice neat patterns of buns going into the toaster...

man....fuuuuck that. :lol:

deebakes
01-24-2015, 08:19 PM
my first job was at "subway" and i worked there for about a year, but i don't eat there anymore :lol:

DemonGeminiX
01-25-2015, 12:31 AM
I worked at Little Caesar's back when I was 16. My coworkers were idiots, but they never did anything nasty.

:dunno:

PorkChopSandwiches
01-25-2015, 12:46 AM
Me too :tup:

DemonGeminiX
01-25-2015, 02:07 AM
The only reason I don't grab pizzas from them is that I know the local family owned places make superior pizzas, but if I was in a pinch and LC was the closest from where I currently was, I wouldn't have a problem with picking one of their pies up.

I'd take theirs over Dominoes.

PorkChopSandwiches
01-25-2015, 02:26 AM
I still buy $5 pizzas for the kids. Working there I know the dough is made fresh daily. Quality cheese shredded daily. Good ingredients. The only real downside is they skimp on everything to make it cheap, but for $5 pizzas you cant go wrong

Hal-9000
01-25-2015, 08:22 PM
the only place with food that I've worked at was a theater when I was 14

took me about 10 years before I could eat popcorn and peanut M&M's again :lol: