PDA

View Full Version : Zac Evans: First picture of teenager killed after being hacked with machete outside pub

Goofy
01-24-2015, 03:03 PM
The 19-year-old was attacked near the Pike and Musket pub in Tuffley, Gloucester, at about 12.40am

http://i.imgur.com/6HAdAD7.jpg

This is the first picture of a 19-year-old man who was killed after being hacked to death with a machete during a brawl outside a pub.

Zac Evans was attacked near the Pike and Musket pub in Tuffley, Gloucester, at about 12.40am today.

Despite the work of medics, the teenager was pronounced dead at the scene, leaving his family heartbroken.

Writing on Facebook, his grieving mum Sylv Evans said: "Rest in peace Zac. Words cannot describe how heartbroken we are.

"A wonderful son, brother, Grandson, boyfriend and friend. You will be greatly missed. A hole in my heart cannot be filled.

"I love you Sparky. Rest in peace my beautiful son xxxxx."

Detectives said two other men, aged 18 and 22, were also assaulted by an offender armed with a weapon, believed to be a machete.

The 22- year-old injured man was taken to Gloucestershire Royal Hospital with serious injuries, where he underwent surgery and is now in a stable condition.

The third victim sustained minor injuries.

Friends of Zac today paid tribute to him on social media sites.

Posting on Twitter, @sophie8814 said: "RIP Zac Evans,such a kind,caring and good friend, you will never be forgotten, Irl [sic] see you there one day, shine bright angel."

Joshua Flounders added: "Times like these really do put a lot of things in perspective. Condolences go out to Zac Evans' family & friends at this horrible time".

Another Twitter user spoke of her shock and said: "Can't even begin to get my head around what's happened in tuffley, sickens me R.I.P Zac Evans , thoughts go out to the family".

Flowers have also been left at the scene and neighbours have spoken at their shock in what is normally a "quiet" area.

Police have cordoned off the road outside the pub and a forensics tent has been put up in the car park.

A full search of the area is now underway in daylight.

In a statement confirming details of the incident, Gloucestershire Constabulary said: "Police are treating this as a murder investigation and would like to speak to anyone who witnessed what happened in the pub's car park or was in the area around the time of the incident and may have seen something which may help with inquiries."

Anyone with information is urged to call 101.

PorkChopSandwiches
01-24-2015, 04:23 PM
You guys should really start thinking about machete control laws, this is an atrocity

deebakes
01-24-2015, 04:53 PM
:rip:

Goofy
01-24-2015, 05:42 PM
You guys should really start thinking about machete control laws, this is an atrocity

:rofl:

Goofy
01-24-2015, 05:44 PM
Oh, machetes are controlled anyway :lol:

Basic laws on knives

It is illegal to:

sell a knife of any kind to anyone under 18 years old (16 to 18 year olds in Scotland can buy cutlery and kitchen knives)
carry a knife in public without good reason - unless it’s a knife with a folding blade 3 inches long (7.62 cm) or less, eg a Swiss Army knife
carry, buy or sell any type of banned knife
use any knife in a threatening way (even a legal knife, such as a Swiss Army knife)

Lock knives (knives with blades that can be locked when unfolded) are not folding knives, and are illegal to carry in public without good reason.

The maximum penalty for an adult carrying a knife is 4 years in prison and a fine of £5,000.
Good reasons for carrying a knife

Examples of good reasons to carry a knife in public can include:

taking knives you use at work to and from work
taking knives to a gallery or museum to be exhibited
the knife is going to be used for theatre, film, television, historical reenactment or religious purposes, eg the kirpan some Sikhs carry

A court will decide if you’ve got a good reason to carry a knife if you’re charged with carrying it illegally.
Banned knives

There is a ban on the sale of some knives:

flick knives (also called ‘switchblades’ or ‘automatic knives’) - where the blade is hidden inside the handle and shoots out when a button is pressed
butterfly knives - where the blade is hidden inside a handle that splits in two around it, like wings; the handles swing around the blade to open or close it
disguised knives, eg where the blade is hidden inside a belt buckle or fake mobile phone
gravity knives
sword-sticks
samurai swords (with some exceptions, including antiques and swords made to traditional methods before 1954)
hand or foot-claws
push daggers
hollow kubotan (cylinder-shaped keychain) holding spikes
shuriken (also known as ‘death stars’ or ‘throwing stars’)
kusari-gama (sickle attached to a rope, cord or wire)
kyoketsu-shoge (hook-knife attached to a rope, cord or wire)
kusari (weight attached to a rope, cord or wire)

FBD
01-24-2015, 06:08 PM
mofos intent on killing gonna kill

Goofy
01-24-2015, 06:35 PM
mofos intent on killing gonna kill

Yep........ but if the killer had a gun there's a far bigger chance the two other 'injured' people would've ended up dead :P #banallguns

:outtahere:

PorkChopSandwiches
01-24-2015, 07:04 PM
#zing

Or the dead guy could have protected himself

redred
01-24-2015, 07:06 PM
Guns and alcohol wouldn't be a good mix

DemonGeminiX
01-25-2015, 12:33 AM
Guns and alcohol wouldn't be a good mix

:hand: