PDA

View Full Version : Facebook post lands Mineral Wells man in jail

Teh One Who Knocks
01-28-2015, 12:00 PM
By Deanna Boyd - Star-Telegram

http://i.imgur.com/6mM1ZHll.jpg

MINERAL WELLS

File this one under the category of things best not posted on Facebook.

A 22-year-old Mineral Wells man is behind bars after allegedly posting on his Facebook page that he had more than a dozen warrants out for his arrest.

“So, I have 16 warrants out right now. Lol they know where I’m at tho so, it must not be TOO bad,” Eddie Smith’s Facebook page read on Jan. 20.

That same day, a concerned citizen sent a Facebook message to the Mineral Wells Police Officers Association. Sure enough, investigators looked into the claim and found Smith was wanted on 14 city warrants, according to detective Nick Wells.

“We got to digging, came up with a good address and we went out and paid him a visit,” Wells said. “… It’s one of those things where you can poke fun at a lot of things. Don’t poke fun at us. We’ll take care of it.”

The warrants, some from three years ago, ranged from traffic citations like an expired inspection sticker and no insurance to petty theft and totaled more than $1,200 in fines.

Unable to pay his fines or make bond, Smith was ordered by a municipal judge to serve 51 days in jail, Wells said. He was being held Monday in the Palo Pinto County Jail.

Police Chief Dean Sullivan said his department welcomes such bragging on Facebook.

“The NFL calls it ‘unsportsmanlike conduct — excessive celebration,’ a 15-yard penalty,” Sullivan said. “We’ll just call it ‘genius’ and leave it at that.”

Goofy
01-28-2015, 01:42 PM
Eejit :facepalm:

deebakes
01-28-2015, 02:22 PM
the number of stupid people in the world still surprises me :shrug: