PDA

View Full Version : FBI: Man calling himself 'Scrooge mcDuck' used Twitter to lure Michigan girl

Teh One Who Knocks
01-29-2015, 12:09 PM
By Liam Ford - Chicago Tribune

http://i.imgur.com/7cI5139.jpg

A Zion man drove a 15-year-old girl from Michigan to Illinois and assaulted her after he met her through Twitter using the name “Scrooge mcDuck,” according to federal court documents.

After arriving in Illinois, Octaveous Melvin Gordon, 24, told the girl, “I’m a pimp,” and that she could “work for him,” court records state.

Gordon was arrested Saturday and appeared in U.S. District Court in Chicago on Monday on charges of transporting a minor to engage in criminal sexual activity and traveling for the purpose of engaging in illicit sexual conduct.

Gordon, using the Twitter handle @TheRealTayG and Twitter name "Scrooge mcDuck," communicated with the girl through Twitter for about two weeks before Feb. 22, 2014, according to an FBI agent's affidavit. They discussed the girl traveling to the Chicago area and the two having sex, the affidavit states.

The girl told investigators that she told Gordon she was 15 and lived in Michigan, and he told her he was 23 and lived in Chicago, according to the affidavit.

On Feb. 22, Gordon first discussed buying her a train ticket from Michigan, then decided to go to Wayne, Mich., west of Detroit, to get the girl, according to the affidavit.

Gordon drove to Wayne and sent a message to the girl on Twitter at 4 a.m. Feb. 23, telling her, “OK pulling up,” and instructing her to “Come in the middle of the street,” according to the affidavit.

“The next message was from (the girl’s) mother to Gordon: ‘Bring my daughter back home,’ ” according to the affidavit.

When the girl got in the car, she found that the mother of Gordon’s child and the child were also with Gordon, according to the affidavit.

During the drive to Illinois, Gordon gave her marijuana and touched the girl sexually, authorities said. When they stopped at a gas station about 10 miles from Zion, Gordon told her, “I’m a pimp,” and that the girl could become a prostitute working for him, according to the affidavit.

The mother of Gordon’s child also told the girl that Gordon was a pimp.

At Gordon’s apartment, Gordon asked the girl for sex and assaulted her, according to the affidavit.

Zion police found the girl and Gordon at his apartment on Joppa Avenue in Zion about 8:55 p.m. on Feb. 23. A DNA sample from a rape kit on the girl matched Gordon, according to the affidavit.

A warrant for Gordon’s arrest was issued in federal court in Detroit in late October and Gordon was arrested Saturday, according to court records.

Gordon, who also uses the last name Gordan, is scheduled to appear before U.S. District Magistrate Judge Young B. Kim at 1 p.m. Thursday for a detention hearing, according to court records.