PDA

View Full Version : Fight started by video game "smack-talking" leads to stabbings

Teh One Who Knocks
05-26-2011, 02:53 PM
By ED TRELEVEN - Wisconsin State Journal

A fight earlier this month that allegedly started with “smack talking” over a video game led to three stabbings and felony charges Tuesday against an Oregon man.

Matthew R. DeJesus, 24, was charged with first-degree reckless injury and first-degree reckless endangerment for allegedly stabbing two men on May 5 at his apartment on Janesville Street in Oregon.

DeJesus was also charged with possession with intent to deliver marijuana after a search of his apartment by police turned up a safe that contained marijuana, a digital scale and packaging material, according to a criminal complaint filed Tuesday in Dane County Circuit Court.

One of the victims, Robert Anderson, suffered a stab wound that punctured the femoral artery in his left leg. Police officers at the scene created a tourniquet using a belt to stop the bleeding, which a medical helicopter doctor at the scene said “most likely” saved Anderson’s life, the complaint states.

According to the complaint:

Anderson told police that he and another man, identified only as Jesse, were playing a video game when their “smack talking” became heated, leading to a fist fight between the two. Anderson said he went into the kitchen and was telling some friends it was time to leave when DeJesus stabbed him in the left thigh with a knife.

“I thought I was going to die,” Anderson told police. “I saw so much blood.”

Another man, Cody Kitsemble, told police that he saw DeJesus stab Anderson and got stabbed himself in the buttocks when he tried to help Anderson.

Kitsemble told police that after DeJesus stabbed him once more in the back, he struck DeJesus on the forearm, and he dropped the knife. The two wrestled for the knife, which Kitsemble managed to grab, and he tried to stab DeJesus twice and got him once.

In court on Tuesday, DeJesus’ lawyer, Jack Priester, said that DeJesus stabbed Anderson because “Anderson was attacking someone else.”

“Defense of someone else will be a defense in this,” Priester said.

Because DeJesus turned himself in to police on Friday after they completed their investigation, Court Commissioner Todd Meurer ordered DeJesus to be released on a signature bond.

redred
05-26-2011, 02:56 PM
ffs it's only a game and anyway isn't weed meant to chill you out?

Hal-9000
05-26-2011, 06:19 PM
I want to know the title of THAT game, sounds intense :face:

DemonGeminiX
05-26-2011, 06:35 PM
It's probably one of those wacky Japanese games where the female characters are dressed up in short skirts and run around shooting aliens that look vaguely phallic... but here's the catch... you have to shoot them in time to the chicken dance song.

8-[

Hal-9000
05-26-2011, 06:46 PM
It's probably one of those wacky Japanese games where the female characters are dressed up in short skirts and run around shooting aliens that look vaguely phallic... but here's the catch... you have to shoot them in time to the chicken dance song.

8-[

*reads, then stabs self in the leg*

you fucker :x

Acid Trip
05-26-2011, 06:54 PM
I'm going to go ahead and guess they were playing Madden head to head. That's the only game I've personally seen people scrap over.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-26-2011, 07:06 PM
Jesus FTK (for the kill)

Hal-9000
05-27-2011, 10:41 PM
I'm going to go ahead and guess they were playing Madden head to head. That's the only game I've personally seen people scrap over.

I got punched playing NHL 98 on the old Genesis system :cheerlead: