PDA

View Full Version : Federal Employee Startled by ‘Flying Creature’, Claims Hyenas Living in Mississippi State

Teh One Who Knocks
01-30-2015, 12:30 PM
By Cryptozoology News

TATE COUNTY, Miss. — A Mississippi woman says that an unidentified bipedal flying creature standing by a window outside her house startled her during a storm in northwest Mississippi and that she photographed a series of footprints she believes belong to the being.

Marie, a 51-year-old woman who claims to work for the federal government, told Cryptozoology News that she was sleeping on the couch in the living room when the sighting occurred near Arkabutla Lake.

“It was around 11 p.m.. The storm knocked-off the electric from 8:30 p.m. until 1:30 a.m,” she said. “I could not rest because it was hot, sticky and just uncomfortable. I could hear some dogs causing a big disturbance. Then a different set of dogs barking and causing a ruckus just a bit closer. Then it started with dogs just down the road, even closer,” she said about the summer of 2013 encounter.

As the barking continued, Marie reportedly walked to the window to find out the source of the noise.

“I could not see anything. I went back to the couch and to lie down. As I was attempting to rest, I literally saw and felt a shadow cover the window that was blacker than the black inside and outside the house. It startled me so badly that I immediately grabbed for the flashlight convinced that someone was standing outside the window peering in at me. Nothing. Now, it could not have been a neighbor since the nearest one is at least two acres away and no one else in the house was up. I verified that. It was a shadow that covered the window that was darker than the dark. we are in a small rural community. No one is out walking at night. No street lights. I immediately became fearful, my heart racing… I knew something was out there.”

The creature, the federal employee states, was “large and could fly”. She says she believes it was a Mothman-like creature known by the locals as the Swift Peter.

“My grandparents used to talk about it. Supposedly, the Swift Peter was some type of unseen creature that would attack or kill all of the dogs in the vicinity at night in a rapid fashion,” explains Marie.

http://i.imgur.com/lRsY6URl.jpg
Marie uses a fly swatter as a scale to compare the “Swift Peter” footprints. Credit: Marie

“My grandfather had coon hounds. He would often tell me stories about when he would go hunting at night and something unseen would go past him and attack the dogs. Once, he said it went up a tree, but he could not see it even though he had a lantern. He said it really scared him and it took him a while before he went hunting again alone at night. When my grandfather said it scared him, I took notice because he was a man that was not afraid of anything and did not joke around.”

The following day, Marie and her family discovered a set of 7-toed footprints they think could be evidence of the flying visitor.

“My mother was the first to see the footprints and she called me over. At first I too thought it was a dog but I noticed like an arch, ridge and heel. The tracks seemed to come from nowhere and disappeared. It had rained so much, the night prior it was muddy. The tracks were beneath a plum tree, but no tracks led up to it and they disappeared unexpectedly. It seemed as if it landed, took a few steps, and flew off.”

She says she is “very familiar” with the local wildlife and that she wasn’t able to match the tracks to any known animal’s.

And she thinks that the purported apparition could be, somehow, linked to the storm.

“I do not know why but I just do.”

A paranormal school of thought proposes the interdimensional hypothesis, which suggests certain creature visitations could be the result of these entities traveling through different layers of reality or dimensions. Some authors also argue that Bigfoot could be part of this phenomenon.

The Skinwalker Ranch in Utah and the Bridgewater Triangle in Massachusetts are the two main places that some investigators believe to be an example of this theory.

But the Swift Peter is not the only one strange creature the woman believes to inhabit the area. She also claims that she saw a pack of hyenas on one occasion.

“About 12 years ago. I was with my sister and we saw them near a catfish pond,” she said about the feliform.

Marie, who asked to remain anonymous given the nature of his work and the small size of the community where she lives, hopes that someone can help her identify the photographed footprints.

In December of 2014, a 16-year-old Tennessean claimed to have seen the Mothman through a living room’s window in 2010.

redred
01-30-2015, 12:31 PM
:facepalm:

FBD
01-30-2015, 01:39 PM
:woot: mothman!

deebakes
01-31-2015, 12:51 AM
:obama: