PDA

View Full Version : Modern Warfare 3

Acid Trip
05-26-2011, 07:51 PM
If you haven't checked out the trailer yet here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/user/CALLOFDUTY?feature=chclk

MW2 was (and still is) my favorite of all the games thus far. I hope 3 builds on the great foundation they created for 2.

Hal-9000
05-26-2011, 08:59 PM
I liked MW 1 and 2...and had a soft spot for Call of Duty 2 :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
05-26-2011, 09:00 PM
Actually...now that I have a new pc, I appreciate Black Ops a lot more than the first time I played it.

Ptownstompin
05-27-2011, 12:22 AM
Too many 14 year olds play Black Ops, that kinda makes me stay away from COD in general

Hal-9000
05-27-2011, 12:35 AM
Yikes...I play single player so I don't run into too many teenagers.They'd kick my ass :shock:

Godfather
05-27-2011, 01:23 AM
I think Battlefield 3 is going to murder this. Between Infinity Ward going to hell, and BF3 incorporating the realism/serious tone of CoD with vehicle + destructible environments... CoD is in trouble unless this game is the best yet.

But I am interested in the story line... CoD has that over BF hands down

Hal-9000
05-27-2011, 01:25 AM
still too much drama and waiting out cutscenes ...almost ruined Black Ops for me :|

one part it went thru about 5 cutscenes with you moving the character slowly for about 10 feet, then another cut scene...there's no need for that

Hal-9000
05-27-2011, 01:26 AM
who's in your sig GF? :lol:

Godfather
05-27-2011, 01:33 AM
still too much drama and waiting out cutscenes ...almost ruined Black Ops for me :|

one part it went thru about 5 cutscenes with you moving the character slowly for about 10 feet, then another cut scene...there's no need for that

Agreed

I didn't like Black Ops... I prefer the work IF did, not Activision. But Infinity has been wrecked by legal disputes and other B.S. So my expectations for MW3 are low

I think it's Little Wayne. Canucks fan celebs are limited to some guy from Glee and Kim Cattrall :lol:

Wyeast
06-11-2011, 07:21 AM
I'm still pissed that IW (no doubt contributed by Activision's haste and greed) broke the party system in MW2, making it nigh impossible to actually play with your mates.

Means a loooooong skeptical look before buying MW3...

Fodster
06-11-2011, 07:45 AM
Battlefield 3 looks better IMO

Wyeast
06-11-2011, 08:03 AM
My main complaint with BF (other than EA's insistence on relying on a duplicate set of servers) is that the game balance is too easily disrupted by the vehicles. It seems each game eventually devolves into "who can bogart the other teams wheels" whereupon it becomes a shooting gallery for the poor saps left on foot. :(

Godfather
06-11-2011, 03:53 PM
Wowowow, don't knock IF, they're by far the stronger studio. Treyarch piggy-backed off everything good IF ever did in this series. MW and MW 2 were so above and beyond World at War and Blackops it's hilarious.

I'll only be buying every other game from now on...

But agreed.... Battlefield 3 is going to kill CoD. It's got the tactics and realism of CoD now, as well as the destructible environments and awesome vehicles as usual.

Wyeast
06-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Trey's a fine enough studio. A lot of what made WaW mediocre was pressure from Activision to hurry the fuck up to dump a followup game and refused to pay for after-support to fix the bugs that showed up. But they also did some things (Co-Op Campaign, Zombies) that really added to the game and made their own contribution to it.

Which is where I think IW got the same pressure to dump MW2 out there and not fix the slew of bugs that followed either.

Acid Trip
09-23-2011, 09:01 PM
Here is what really sucks about BF3. Check out how many shots it takes to kill someone with a sniper rifle. Hopefully bullet damage is increased by the time it's released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MgQMoPwGwM

Godfather
09-24-2011, 01:10 AM
That looks moronic.

But I noticed the guy is just ranking up in the low levels, hopefully some more effective rifles get unlocked later. In fact... if I have one complaint about weapons it was that the ones you unlock slowly weren't a significant enough improvement on lower tiers *shrug*

I've always enjoyed hardcore more anyways... that's a pretty map and awesome sounds though. I like that.

Hal-9000
09-24-2011, 01:17 AM
anyone here play the recent Medal of Honor? Everything I've read kinda indicates it's shite

Godfather
09-24-2011, 01:21 AM
anyone here play the recent Medal of Honor? Everything I've read kinda indicates it's shite

I would never have bought it, but...

I play tested a game at EA Studios and for my few hours of gaming with a bunch of other funny guys in a room full of awesomeness (computers, ps3, wii, xbox) I got a couple free games (and a great lunch)

Sooo I took MoH. It sucked :lol: The campaign was enjoyable but I think it took me 4-5 hours at most. The storyline was the best part, and there were some pretty sequences. I did really appreciate the layout (you can hold two weapons but a double tap of reload whips out a pistol - the melee was cool too). In some ways it felt very smooth and clean.

I ran into a couple glitches though. One of which meant I literally couldn't kill an MG nest with a half dozen frags or RPG's. Had to restart an entire mission.

The online got boring within minutes. There just wasn't much going on compared to other online FPS games in terms of action, unlock-able content, competitiveness etc.

If you can 'borrow' it from teh interweb in little time, the campaign is a 'might as well' for a rainy Sunday. Otherwise, it's a no-brainer pass.

Hal-9000
09-24-2011, 01:27 AM
thanks GF...I love the single player campaigns but am leery of getting new games because of Win7 and the dodgy factor for the net uploads...

I got Sturmovik 1946 to run in Win 7 and am building a monster scenario in the full mission builder.So far I have a runway, my plane and two enemy ships :oops: :oops:

Godfather
09-24-2011, 01:38 AM
Nice :lol: I'd kill for another Microsoft Combat Flight Sim game... been too long.

Hal-9000
09-24-2011, 01:51 AM
my buddy Stephen has my old pc...I go over one night and he asks if I want to see his full mission...I thought he'd have some other planes, maybe a few hangars at the airport...

:shock:

I start it up and it's like the Battle of Normandy.He's got friendly 4 guys taking off beside me at staggered times, zeppelins, balloon markers, enemy planes in the sky, enemy ground canons, tanks moving in columns, trains, mini battles going on with our guys and enemy AI guys...

...it was amazing.And that interface for building missions is one of the worst, non intuitive pieces of shite I've ever seen :x
But it's very deep and rich in features...open up just one sub-menu called objects, and there's 606 in that category :lol:

Godfather
09-24-2011, 02:13 AM
Coooool. Is there a big community for the game still? Probably a lot of good missions to download out there.

Hal-9000
09-24-2011, 05:13 PM
that's the funny part...you can create these huuuuuuge missions and then simply pop the mission file into your version of the game and the files are only a few hundred kb :thumbsup:

the game publisher is Ubisoft but the code is different than your typical game

Acid Trip
09-26-2011, 08:57 PM
Nice :lol: I'd kill for another Microsoft Combat Flight Sim game... been too long.

Flight Simulators are one of the few things MS is really good at. That and releasing unfinished software (*cough* Vista *cough*)...

Godfather
09-26-2011, 11:30 PM
Has there even been any rumors about a new one?

Tom Clancy's HAWK didn't do it for me... it was like a FPS in a jet, not a flight sim. Nobody seems to be in that market right now. FPS's and sports games just dominate the gaming industry :lol:

Nemowork Pt2
09-30-2011, 10:42 PM
I'll give it a miss thanks, theres nothing like playing your best game and being wiped out by some spotty nerd who's cheating with wall hax, lag cheats and an aimbot to turn you off a game. I'll stick to playing fallout where the fanboys stick to modifying Bethesda script to make a game improvement not just ripping each other to pieces for cheap lulz!

Hal-9000
09-30-2011, 10:52 PM
I'll give it a miss thanks, theres nothing like playing your best game and being wiped out by some spotty nerd who's cheating with wall hax, lag cheats and an aimbot to turn you off a game. I'll stick to playing fallout where the fanboys stick to modifying Bethesda script to make a game improvement not just ripping each other to pieces for cheap lulz!

Have you got Fallout 3 running on Win7 Nemo? The net says it won't work no matter how you install/mod the game :(

Nemowork Pt2
09-30-2011, 11:47 PM
Yep, Win 7and Fall3, i used to have it running in c:programmes(x86) but i have it so badly modded it used to freeze and die every couple of missions, i've got it installed in c:games/fallout 3 at the moment along with full FOMMOD and running a whole bushel of mods from alien mesmetron, brisa almodovar nude patch and expanded rivet city market, the full deal.

Works fine although i do get the odd glitch with clipping of outfits and weapons.

Nemowork Pt2
09-30-2011, 11:55 PM
Not to be confused with Fallout New Vegas, i'm back on that and running Willow and Wendy Gibson as extra companions, the stripper laser and for rapid fire auto goodness the L1A2 rifle for dropping the wrath of god on Caesars assassin squads with .308 armour piercing. Oh and Wasteland seduction for pointless lesbian nudity.

Hey, i did it once on vanilla, i've turned into a mod addict :tup:

Godfather
10-01-2011, 06:07 AM
They have said they're going to crack down and bust cheaters in MW3... it remains to be seen. One of the benefits to playing xbox is that you don't get too much of that :mrgreen:

Hal-9000
10-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Yep, Win 7and Fall3, i used to have it running in c:programmes(x86) but i have it so badly modded it used to freeze and die every couple of missions, i've got it installed in c:games/fallout 3 at the moment along with full FOMMOD and running a whole bushel of mods from alien mesmetron, brisa almodovar nude patch and expanded rivet city market, the full deal.

Works fine although i do get the odd glitch with clipping of outfits and weapons.

I got a flight sim to work the same way...installing to C/ rather than program files.

That pisses me off :lol: Everything I've read about Fallout 3 says it won't run on Windows 7.....I just install the vanilla version, no mods and play offline.I should try and install to the root path and just see if the damn thing runs, thanks Nemo :oops:

Acid Trip
10-03-2011, 05:21 PM
They have said they're going to crack down and bust cheaters in MW3... it remains to be seen. One of the benefits to playing xbox is that you don't get too much of that :mrgreen:

The lack of cheating is one advantage Xbox has over PC games. My PC is a beast and I prefer it to game with (graphics are way better) but i mainly use my Xbox because it's a level playing field.

Hal-9000
10-03-2011, 06:56 PM
Kinda what keeps my away from online gaming....we were playing the first Medal of Honor multiplayer (small venues and groups) and one dick came in with some sort of God mode and thought it was funny to ruin our games.I think my final text message to him was - Is your dick really that small?

Godfather
10-03-2011, 08:10 PM
I played a lot of the Battlefield games online, Starcraft, Company of Heroes, the C&C series... I've never really been pestered by it. It came up occasionally, especially if the game was older, but I just found a new server. If it wasn't for online gaming I'd probably only game a few days of the year. I play campaigns once for any given game and that's it.

Acid Trip
10-03-2011, 08:57 PM
I played a lot of the Battlefield games online, Starcraft, Company of Heroes, the C&C series... I've never really been pestered by it. It came up occasionally, especially if the game was older, but I just found a new server. If it wasn't for online gaming I'd probably only game a few days of the year. I play campaigns once for any given game and that's it.

It's the first person shooter games that seem to draw the most cheaters. I used to love playing Counter Strike but it got hacked up so badly I quit playing and decided to do all my FPS games on the Xbox.

In Starcraft I knew the people weren't cheating. They were just better than I was.

Godfather
10-03-2011, 09:23 PM
Counterstrike was a mess... forgot about that :lol: Fuck that was irritating

Nemowork Pt2
10-29-2011, 01:04 AM
Kinda what keeps my away from online gaming....we were playing the first Medal of Honor multiplayer (small venues and groups) and one dick came in with some sort of God mode and thought it was funny to ruin our games.I think my final text message to him was - Is your dick really that small?

I got sick of the teens playing with aimbots, then i wandered into a level with some spotty hacker who'd modded it to give an instant full exp update, aimbot, speed hack and everything else, it was chaos and ruined any interest i had in playing more.

I'm actually not sure if i can be bothered with the next one!

Godfather
10-29-2011, 01:14 AM
Are there still big problems with that kind of thing online? It seems to me like it's really not an issue with all the trouble they go through these days with PB and other security.

Godfather
10-31-2011, 04:05 PM
I'm more pumped for this game than before. With BF3 being a bit of a let-down and all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMgyMHpyuBY

Acid Trip
10-31-2011, 08:19 PM
I'm more pumped for this game than before. With BF3 being a bit of a let-down and all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMgyMHpyuBY

I'm the opposite. After playing the new BF3 all weekend I could care less that MW3 is coming out soon. They took MW2, added a couple weapons, changed how you earn weapon accessories, and modified the kill streak rewards. Other than that it's the same thing in a new package. That's a major let down in my eyes.

Don't get me wrong, I'll certainly buy/play MW3 but it'll be behind BF3 on my playlist.

Nemowork Pt2
11-05-2011, 12:53 AM
Ditto, been there, played that, got sick of the hype i'll pick up a cheap copy in a month and play the single player but i'll give the rest a miss.

Godfather
11-05-2011, 01:10 AM
:-k

Now I'm split... few more days of playing and BF3 has grown on me

Hal-9000
11-05-2011, 01:31 AM
If either of these games are on Steam...I'm gettin the home version (wink, wink :lol:)

Godfather
11-05-2011, 01:35 AM
Can't you load any game to Steam? :lol:

But BF3 isn't steam, I know that for sure.

Hal-9000
11-05-2011, 02:03 AM
Can't you load any game to Steam? :lol:

But BF3 isn't steam, I know that for sure.

Ya it has some - laod non steam game into library but ffs, didn't you read my thread? :lol:

pain in the ass interface that can't even load it's own legit games

Shady
11-08-2011, 09:22 PM
My roommate traded in BF3 for MW3 and doesnt regret it.

Acid Trip
11-09-2011, 04:06 PM
I played MW3 for 3-4 hours last night and it was a blast. I would compare it to my BF3 experience but the two games are so different it's hard to do.

If you want a fast paced FPS then MW3 is for you. If you want the full war experience in an FPS then go with BF3.

Godfather
11-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Damn, decisions decisions....

Hal-9000
11-09-2011, 05:59 PM
yeah....which links to choose....hmmmmmmm

:lol:

Hal-9000
11-17-2011, 11:38 PM
It's funny reading reviews about this game.Most sites say that it's the same old, same old...yet they rate it 8.5 out of 10, 90 out of 100, gold star winner :lol:

If it ain't broke don't fix it I guess.I'm just playing the single player campaign and so far they're right.Excellent scenarios, responsive guns and the AI runs the gamut from nasty to complete idiots.That's one thing I always appreciate about a Call of duty game, guns sound good, hit the target and guys go down.

I think there's some other single player activities in addition to the much heralded online play.I'll have to finish the solo stuff before I jump into the multi player stuff.

Acid Trip
11-18-2011, 05:48 PM
It's funny reading reviews about this game.Most sites say that it's the same old, same old...yet they rate it 8.5 out of 10, 90 out of 100, gold star winner :lol:

If it ain't broke don't fix it I guess.I'm just playing the single player campaign and so far they're right.Excellent scenarios, responsive guns and the AI runs the gamut from nasty to complete idiots.That's one thing I always appreciate about a Call of duty game, guns sound good, hit the target and guys go down.

I think there's some other single player activities in addition to the much heralded online play.I'll have to finish the solo stuff before I jump into the multi player stuff.

I haven't played single player at all in the last 3 COD games. When you go online check out Hardcore Kill Confirmed. After you kill someone you have to pick up their dog tags or it doesn't count. It makes it so you can't camp or snipe so everyone runs around guns blazing. Good times.

Hal-9000
11-19-2011, 11:41 PM
I haven't played single player at all in the last 3 COD games. When you go online check out Hardcore Kill Confirmed. After you kill someone you have to pick up their dog tags or it doesn't count. It makes it so you can't camp or snipe so everyone runs around guns blazing. Good times.

I just tried multiplayer for the first time in any multiplayer Modern Warfare game :lol: I tried free for all deathmatch and got my ass handed to me, had no idea what I was doing :lol: Checked the leaderboard and it was something like this -

top guy - silent_stalker - 750
me - SGT GANDHI - 3

My bootlaces were tied together and my gun kept jamming compared to the other dudes.Guys were coming up behind me and butt ending me for the kill....old school insult :lol: I sent team text messages throughout...brutal! nice! i suck lol...

I managed about 2 promotions to other guns, it was chaotic at best.

Hal-9000
11-19-2011, 11:46 PM
Acid Trip..

when you bypass single player you miss great venues like commanding a robot rover with guns, mounted gun outside the helicopter and taking the sub in New York harbor...some really good stuff and variety right after the opening level :thumbsup:

http://i.imgur.com/1Sa7g.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/zsF9L.jpg

Hal-9000
11-20-2011, 06:53 PM
In case folks don't know...if you want to lose the music go to the "miles" folder in the main game directory and rename the folder to miles0.All other sound will be there without the background music.

Also this is probably pretty basic...new to me though.If you don't want to use your Steam username online, open Steam and go to Library/Steam from the top menu/settings/friends tab from the top/ and you can change profile name for that session.Your steam account main login name doesn't change, just your tag for the games.

Hal-9000
11-26-2011, 07:02 PM
Nothing like a pee-stained, ripped ol mattress for realism :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/Upvgi.jpg

Godfather
11-26-2011, 07:03 PM
:lol:

I tell ya man, a few more generations of gaming down the line and we're going to have PTSD

Hal-9000
11-26-2011, 07:08 PM
No shit eh? :lol:

This isn't the prettiest environment in MW3...you run past it real quick getting to the street in fact.Check out the PC tower under the desk...I can see the dvd writer and vents on the side.That kind of attention to detail (for the 3 seconds it takes to run past) is what keeps me coming back to COD games :thumbsup:

http://i.imgur.com/hTNF7.jpg

Hal-9000
11-26-2011, 07:09 PM
another thing that keeps me coming back are mounted guns on tanks with unlimited ammo :homer:

http://i.imgur.com/ampPY.jpg

Godfather
11-26-2011, 07:14 PM
Wow that really is something else.... this is why I don't get when people complain a campaign is only 6-8 hours. It's more detail than Toy Story or any there computer generated film, and you interact and play it :lol:

You know in Battlefield 3 the bodies disappear like in Goldeneye for N64 :roll:

Hal-9000
11-26-2011, 07:20 PM
This one is pure COD single player....the emotion and drama as well as the - Holy crap we're never going to get around this corner of the street thing :lol:

Lots of variety from mission to mission (you're Price, then you're Soap, then you're some expendable ensign :lol:) I'd buy it just to do the single player campaign.

It also has the Special Ops missions, which can be played online or solo.Quite a bit of depth really when you add in all of the multiplayer options :thumbsup:

Godfather
11-26-2011, 07:21 PM
Awesome :mrgreen: Can't wait

*back to studying*

Hal-9000
11-26-2011, 07:29 PM
I heard whisperings about making games compatible through multi platforms....meaning Xbox guys could play PC guys, PS3 guys etc.

Man...I would love that

Godfather
11-26-2011, 07:31 PM
It'd be nice. I've heard talking about it forever though and I won't bite until I see it :lol:

Hal-9000
11-26-2011, 07:36 PM
Wells it's all net interface nowadays...just can't see how they'd sink the networks like Xbox live to a PC server.I think there would have to be some sort of common hardware like an 'adapter' that everyone would have to buy :-k

Godfather
11-26-2011, 08:29 PM
Ya I was going to say, I'm sure there are a whole shitload of programming issues there. Not to mention the games usually different somewhat (dedicated servers, map sizes, max players). Also, I think gaming with a mouse in FPS is an advantage over Xbox controller (though I prefer the latter).

Hal-9000
11-26-2011, 08:37 PM
anyone who plays against me in free for all deathmatch has the advantage of skill.....

:lol: damn I'm getting tore up out there

Godfather
11-26-2011, 09:36 PM
Few days of practice and you'll be mercing every one of them :mrgreen: