PDA

View Full Version : US boy, three, shoots both parents in New Mexico

redred
02-02-2015, 12:37 PM
A three-year-old American boy has shot his mother and father with the same bullet after pulling a gun from her handbag, police say.

The incident took place in a motel room on Saturday afternoon in Albuquerque in the state of New Mexico.

The toddler was apparently reaching for an iPod.

The bullet passed through his father's buttock and hit his mother, who is eight months pregnant, in the arm. Both parents are said to be recovering.

The boy's two-year-old sister, who was also in the room at the America's Best Value Inn, was unhurt.

'Traumatised'
Justin Reynolds told NBC News station KOB he and his girlfriend Monique Villescas were about to order a pizza when he heard the shot.

"The next minute I realised my girlfriend was bleeding. Then I sat down and realised I was shot too."

He called emergency services and tried to staunch Ms Villescas's bleeding with towels.

He said: "I was more worried about my girlfriend than myself and anything else that was going on. And my son because I didn't know if he had shot himself or not. He was shocked and crying. It was traumatising."

Mr Reynolds has been released from hospital and Ms Villescas is in a stable condition.

Albuquerque police said the district attorney's office would decide whether the parents would face negligence charges. The children have been taken into care.

In December a woman in the state of Idaho was killed after her two-year-old son accidentally shot her with a gun he found when reaching into her handbag in a Wal-Mart store.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-31082294

Goofy
02-02-2015, 12:39 PM
A three-year-old American boy has shot his mother and father with the same bullet after pulling a gun from her handbag, police say.

Two for one deal, nice shooting kid :ok:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-02-2015, 05:07 PM
2 birds 1 stone

Pony
02-02-2015, 05:45 PM
Two for one deal, nice shooting kid :ok:

He should teach lessons in Detroit!

FBD
02-02-2015, 05:47 PM
I dont understand how people just leave ready to fire weapons where kids can get at them. Y U NO USE SAFETY?

Goofy
02-02-2015, 05:58 PM
I dont understand how people just leave ready to fire weapons where kids can get at them. Y U NO USE SAFETY?

"People" are stupid and irresponsible, what's not to understand? :) It's not until something like this happens that the retarded people think "you know what, maybe i shouldn't leave a loaded weapon where my 3 year old kid can play with it".

Teh One Who Knocks
02-02-2015, 05:58 PM

Not only not using a safety, but why was there a round chambered and (more than likely) the hammer cocked?

Goofy
02-02-2015, 06:06 PM
Not only not using a safety, but why was there a round chambered and (more than likely) the hammer cocked?

Exactly, stupid people :thumbsup:

FBD
02-02-2015, 06:16 PM
either that or they were prima donnas and had to have a shot yourself glock

Teh One Who Knocks
02-02-2015, 06:40 PM
I keep a handgun in my night stand in case of emergency. The magazine is fully loaded, but there is no round in the chamber. You know why? It takes less than a second to chamber a round and have the weapon ready to fire. And we don't even have any toddlers around the house that could get into something like that. But if these idiot parents would have had their weapon in the same condition (magazine loaded, but no round in the chamber) this wouldn't have happened. Hopefully they charge these morons with something.

Hal-9000
02-02-2015, 06:48 PM
I have a condom in my nightstand in case of emergency...it's from circa 1998-2003 so I know that it's dangerous :lol:

Hal-9000
02-02-2015, 06:49 PM
in stories like this...we state the obvious

it's the parent/guardians fault and not much more to it..

Loser
02-02-2015, 07:52 PM
Karma, it's a bitch.

deebakes
02-03-2015, 01:45 AM
clearly this handgun was placed in the purse by anti-gun lobbyists :hand: