PDA

View Full Version : Katy Perry: God spoke to me before Super Bowl performance

Teh One Who Knocks
02-09-2015, 12:19 PM
FOX 411

http://i.imgur.com/FTEoUwS.jpg

Katy Perry revealed she received a message from God right before she performed at the Super Bowl.

The "Dark Horse" singer told E! News host Ryan Seacrest that she prepared for her half time show by leaning on her faith.

"I over prepared myself and did a lot of prayer and meditation," Perry told Seacrest at the 57th annual Grammy Awards.

She added, "It's funny, I was praying and I got a word from God and He says, 'You got this and I got you.' And then I was on top of the lion and a guy, a random guy, just looked on me with a headset that I've never communicated with before and he just looked me straight in the eyes and said, 'You got this.' And I was like, 'Oh, this is God confirming I can do this."

Perry, who grew up in a Christian home, has spoken out before about her faith.

"Today is the day that the Lord has made! I will rejoice and be glad in it," the singer tweeted the day of her Super Bowl performance quoting Psalm 118:24.

Goofy
02-09-2015, 12:54 PM
I wish God would tell her to come over here and sook my boaby :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
02-09-2015, 04:25 PM
she comes from a family of die hard church goers....she was an evangelical singer...it's actually amazing to see her in the mainstream, doing some of the songs that she does. Also some of her costumes....very down to earth considering her strict background.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-09-2015, 04:49 PM
Yes, because a preachers daughter is always makes for a pure girl

Hal-9000
02-09-2015, 05:10 PM
Yes, because a preachers daughter is always makes for a pure girl

:slap: she is pure, read the article!

I dated a minister's daughter...she did love giving bj's :lol:

FBD
02-09-2015, 05:25 PM
preacher's daughters are the dirtiest ones out there, dont fuggin kid yourself. and former nuns. anyone that has churchiness forced upon them and gets away... :lol:

its funny people dont realize that internal dialogues come from different regions of the brain. if something powerful "speaks" to you, there is no maybe nothin about it, it is astonishing and unequivocal and happens in a very specific region of the brain. but it most certainly is not your own dumb internal dialogue before a performance. random thought comes from other more peripheral areas, and as you get back to the more subconscious/conscious barrier...

Muddy
02-09-2015, 05:25 PM
Id like to see her do some cake farts.

FBD
02-09-2015, 05:27 PM
do I even wanna know :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-09-2015, 05:32 PM
do I even wanna know :lol:

If you dont know, now you know

FBD
02-09-2015, 06:39 PM
but I actually have to go look it up before I truly know. :lol: I really have no idea, it was like before anyone knew what lemon party meant. I still dont really know what it means, but that's good enough for me, I really dont need to know anything outside of "that's pretty fuggin nasty" :lol:

Hal-9000
02-09-2015, 06:46 PM
cake farts is just a recipe mixing icing sugar and brown sugar...google the fck out of it, it's safe

deebakes
02-10-2015, 12:52 AM
:rofl:

FBD
02-10-2015, 05:03 PM
:lol: I was going to post that scene from half baked with chappelle talking about buying weed from the jamaicans...."half the time, that shit aint even weed....I dont fall for that shit no more!"

:dance: