PDA

View Full Version : Kanye West storms Grammy stage over Beck's surprise album of the year win

Teh One Who Knocks
02-09-2015, 12:21 PM
FOX 411

http://i.imgur.com/8DaTyyG.jpg

Rapper Kanye West reprised one of his most infamous stunts at Sunday night's Grammy awards, unexpectedly taking the Staples Center stage as Beck was accepting the album of the year award.

The singer-songwriter's win was the unquestioned shock of the night, as his "Morning Phase" album beat out both the night's top winner, Sam Smith, and the category's expected winner, Beyoncé.

Beck seemed as surprised as the rest of the audience when he won the award and appeared to be looking around for help. That's when West popped up on stage and moved toward Beck as if he was about to take the trophy. Instead, West turned away and quickly jumped down, but not before getting guffaws from Beyoncé and her husband, Jay-Z.

However, West wasn't laughing after the show, ranting that Beyoncé should have taken the gong for her self-titled album.

Appearing on the E! network's aftershow, West said, "I just know that the Grammys, if they want real artists to keep coming back, they need to stop playing with us. We ain't gonna play with them no more. And Beck needs to respect artistry and he should've given his award to Beyoncé.

"Because when you keep on diminishing art and not respecting the craft and smacking people in their face after they deliver monumental feats of music, you're disrespectful to inspiration," West continued. "And we as musicians have to inspire people who go to work every day, and they listen to that Beyoncé album and they feel like it takes them to another place."

The incident was an echo of the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards, when West accosted Taylor Swift during her acceptance speech after Swift's "You Belong With Me" beat Beyoncé's "Single Ladies" for Female Video of the Year.

"Yo, Taylor, I'm really happy for you, I'ma let you finish," West said after taking the microphone at Radio City Music Hall, "but Beyoncé had one of the best videos of all time! One of the best videos of all time!"

West was roundly criticized for his action and was even called a "jackass" by President Obama.

Recording academy president Neil Portnow said Kanye's moment was part of the excitement of a live television show.

"It's unpredictable," he said. "You don't know what's going to happen ... That turned out to be a fun moment at the end of the day."

DemonGeminiX
02-09-2015, 12:22 PM
Fuck you, Kanye.

Goofy
02-09-2015, 12:44 PM
God, what a complete fucking arsehole this guy is :shakehead:

DemonGeminiX
02-09-2015, 02:16 PM
Missed out on the new meme of Beck drop kicking Kanye in the face.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-09-2015, 02:48 PM
:loser:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-09-2015, 02:51 PM
You guys obviously don't appreciate real musical artists :hand:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-09-2015, 03:27 PM
http://i.imgur.com/mSjoIFj.jpg

This is how he dressed for a pre-Grammy brunch party the day before the awards :roll:

Hal-9000
02-09-2015, 04:21 PM
I would love to have musical talent out my wazoo and then if Kanye ever wins anything....I'd be right up on stage in his face. With a sign..

PorkChopSandwiches
02-09-2015, 04:47 PM
Ill be SO disappointed when K doesnt show up to these events :roll:

Hal-9000
02-09-2015, 05:13 PM
Why can't he be a man and understand that the decision is not in his hands, and vent his outrage by making 235 disparaging tweets slamming the process ?

Muddy
02-09-2015, 05:20 PM
You know... It doesn't really matter what I think because my words wont affect this guys outcome... But Jesus Christ I cant stand that mother fucker and his antics... Like he is the only trained ear at so called talent. She or him for that matter probably dont write anything but the lyrics while guys like Pharrell Williams hand them all their creativity on a silver platter. And he speaks about talent and artistry.. pssshhh. :hand:

FBD
02-09-2015, 05:20 PM
Fuck Kanye

Beck literally recorded Mellow Gold in a van down by the river, out of sheer love for music. If that aint a "real artist" then I dont know wtf is.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-09-2015, 05:27 PM
I dont know, Beyoncé writes all those songs, and plays all those instruments, and the choreography she comes up with....oh wait a minute, she does none of those things, she's a puppet to be the face of a collective effort of semi talented people.

Hal-9000
02-09-2015, 05:39 PM
I dont know, Beyoncé writes all those songs, and plays all those instruments, and the choreography she comes up with....oh wait a minute, she does none of those things, she's a puppet to be the face of a collective effort of semi talented people.

I read a good article on 'performers' vs artists...couldn't agree more with the above

PorkChopSandwiches
02-09-2015, 05:43 PM
From Becks camp

One insider grumbled, "Kanye is 'fighting for creativity?' It took 68 people to make that Beyonce record. Beck wrote his entire album and played every instrument."

Hal-9000
02-09-2015, 05:50 PM
preach it pastor Porky :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
02-09-2015, 05:55 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Ta8WFIN.png

PorkChopSandwiches
02-09-2015, 05:55 PM
I dont really care for this album that much, but fuck the others :lol:

deebakes
02-10-2015, 12:58 AM
now that kanye has started fucking with beck (my favorite artist of all time), i hate rap and no longer consider myself a wigger :rip:

Muddy
02-10-2015, 03:52 AM
Oh praise Jesus!

deebakes
02-10-2015, 03:56 AM
Oh praise Jesus!

and fuck you kanye :x