PDA

View Full Version : 'I Couldn't Bring Another Monster Into The World': Feminist Aborts Baby Because It's A Boy

Teh One Who Knocks
02-09-2015, 04:13 PM
By Dominic Kelly - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/CqIElHk.jpg

A woman spoke out in a recent blog post defending her decision to abort her unborn baby solely because she found out it was a boy.

In the post, the woman explains that she found herself unexpectedly pregnant but knew that she was ready to be a mother.

“In the spring of 2012, I found out that I was pregnant,” the blog post reads. “I had a good idea who the donator was, but money wasn’t really an issue, and I knew that I would be a good mother-like figure for the child by myself. I have always believed in the right for all women to have a choice in terminating their pregnancy, but when I confirmed the diagnosis about a month into it, I decided that I WAS ready to have this child.”

While she was pregnant, however, the woman, known as Lana, had a few experiences that strengthened her feminist views. In the blog post, Lana goes into detail about how one encounter with a man who blasted her for attending an Occupy Wall Street rally led to her making the decision to abort her baby after finding out that it was a boy.

“I was in shock, I started crying, weeping at the thought of what I was about to curse the world with,” Lana describes. “On my way home, my driver asked if I was ok and if I needed anything. 'JUST STOP RIGHT HERE' I yelled. Deciding to walk the 4 blocks back home. My home became my prison and my fetus became my warden the next 48 hours. Crying, sobbing, uncontrollable weeping, mental anguish the likes of which may only be experienced by those who have had their lives destroyed by war, I was a refugee, and my home was my refugee camp, an unfamiliar place that was just….sheltering me.

“By the third day, I started regaining some of my mental strength and knew what I had to do,” the woman continued. “I couldn’t bring another monster into the world. We already have enough enemies as it is. It didn’t matter that I would be raising a son, he would still come into contact with boys, men, perhaps even the suit jockey who would inevitably twist his carefully constructed upbringing with their kindness. He would think ‘These men aren’t so bad, why would mom say that they are holding me down?’ Not all men are bad, my driver showed genuine concern for my well-being that day and I may have taken my anger out on him. That may have been uncalled for. But I knew what I had to do.”

Lana wound up going through with an abortion, and even now that she has a healthy 1-year-old daughter three years later, she stands by her decision.

“I don’t hate men, I hate the patriarchy, what men, and even some women, turn into, I wasn’t going to let that happen with my offspring. The chances were greater that it would with a male, it was unacceptable,” the post reads. “If the curse returns, I would do the exact same thing all over again.”

After posting the revealing blog, Lana received a large amount of criticism and even some death threats. Now, in response to the negative feedback, the woman says she continues to stand by her decision.

“I find it hard to hate anybody, their faults are not their own, but usually rather the product of an environment or social circle they have been exposed to,” Lana wrote in a follow-up to her original blog post. “I beg most of you, for your own good, take a look at yourself and decide right now if you want to spend the rest of your life angry on the internet, or if you want to fight for a woman’s right to do what she wants with her body.”

Hal-9000
02-09-2015, 04:35 PM
“I find it hard to hate anybody...."

Bull fucking shit. Your unborn fetus has a different view on that......

PorkChopSandwiches
02-09-2015, 04:38 PM
Well at least she saved the kid from severe mental issues being raised by a lunatic that hated him

FBD
02-09-2015, 05:17 PM
Bitch should have just gone home and downed a bottle of nyquil and washed it down with a bottle of jack

Muddy
02-09-2015, 05:24 PM
Ok, Karma.. Do your job.

deebakes
02-10-2015, 01:14 AM
:rip: