PDA

View Full Version : Woman Kills Herself Because She Was 29 Years Old And Still Unmarried

Teh One Who Knocks
02-11-2015, 04:17 PM
By Sean Kelly - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/jq0lsJq.jpg

A young U.K. woman about to turn 30 years old committed suicide because she didn’t want to be unmarried and without children by the age of 30.

According to reports, 29-year-old Rachel Gow became concerned as she approached her 30th birthday that others in her family were “doing better than her.” After beginning to fear that her boyfriend, 30-year-old Anton Tsvarev, would leave her, Gow sent him a text that wished him “all the best for the future,” and then took her own life. Tsvarev discovered Gow at her home and attempted to revive her several times to no avail.

Gow’s brother, Stephen Best, and sister, Sarah Davidson, released a statement during an inquest following her death.

“Rachel had been a happy child who had lots of friends, she loved to dance and play the violin,” the statement read, according to the Mirror. “She was very close to her sister Sarah. She was very academic and following A levels she studied at Lancaster University. She also made people laugh. She was proud to be at Lancaster and also a dizzy blonde. She had three breakups before her relationship with Anton. Her greatest wish was to settle down and get married.”

Gow’s problems began a number of years ago, following the death of her mother in 2011. Although reportedly Gow took the her mother's death “very hard,” friends later said they thought she had been improving.

“Following the death of her mother Rachel had a period of independence. She met Anton and they were both extremely happy. He moved in. They had lots in common,” Best’s statement read. “She did have three breakups before her relationship with Anton and her greatest wish was to settle down, start a relationship and get married. But she could not overcome her previous sadness and felt Anton would leave her. She was looking forward to turning 30, planning trips to Italy with Anton and going to go to Vegas for her birthday, she was saving money every month. But the relationship became unstable and they tried to make it work.”

Tsvarev said that Gow had been struggling with several significant events, including the anniversary of her mother’s death and she and Tsvarev’s approaching birthdays – all of which she had a difficult time coping with.

“There had been nothing significant at the time except the anniversary of her mother’s death also along with her 30th birthday and mine," he said. "These were all things that troubled her. She felt she was not where she should be in life. This was something she struggled with. Rachel had spoken to me about the fact she had researched suicide techniques. I was not sure how serious she was about it because she always said things in the heat of the moment.”

Gow, according to an autopsy, died from hypoxia.

FBD
02-11-2015, 04:24 PM
too dumb for words

Noilly Pratt
02-11-2015, 04:26 PM
:rip: At 29 my adult life hadn't even begun...Sad that she bought into what society dictates as "normal", which really doesn't exist.

I was in my late 30s when I got married and I'm soooo glad.

DemonGeminiX
02-11-2015, 04:28 PM
I'm 39, unmarried with no kids. I look at all of my married friends who have children and I couldn't be any happier with my current state.

Hal-9000
02-11-2015, 05:44 PM
I knew in my teens that I wouldn't become a parent....it was a feeling/intuition more than a desire not to be.

Told that I'm 'great with kids'...well who isn't when you're not the parent of the little monsters :lol:

and like DGX, the feeling still stands and I'm fine with it. Some people are meant to be, others are not. Knowing that at the outset is a good thing

RBP
02-11-2015, 06:20 PM
I got married at 30 and went through 10 years of hell. The grass is NOT always greener.

FBD
02-11-2015, 06:37 PM
I kinda look back and say, fuck, I actually have a shit ton of ideas about how to raise a kid now instead of at 17 being of the opinion that why in the hell would anyone in their right mind want to bring another life into this fucked up planet.

My son rocks, and holy fug he's going to be 21 tomorrow!

That said, my friends' kids love me, and I dont have to take them home and put them to bed at the end of the day :dance:

Hal-9000
02-11-2015, 06:40 PM
I kinda look back and say, fuck, I actually have a shit ton of ideas about how to raise a kid now instead of at 17 being of the opinion that why in the hell would anyone in their right mind want to bring another life into this fucked up planet.

My son rocks, and holy fug he's going to be 21 tomorrow!

That said, my friends' kids love me, and I dont have to take them home and put them to bed at the end of the day :dance:

:shock:

there are SOFBD????

*spawn of fbd

:lol: oh Lordy

FBD
02-11-2015, 07:11 PM
my son was born 2 months before I turned 18 bro :lol: there is only one son of fbd :tup: he's a damned good musician, too

Hal-9000
02-11-2015, 07:13 PM
you rotten little sonofa FBD :x

got a nice ring to it

FBD
02-11-2015, 07:59 PM
I've given him plenty of advice, but weird weird, I've never had to discipline him or yell at him - not once. I've always spoken to him basically on equal footing almost his whole life, treated him like my close best friend. He's a tad lazy but very smart and motivated enough, geology major :thumbsup: I'm proud of me boy :D

Goofy
02-11-2015, 08:11 PM
I've given him plenty of advice

Oh no :doh:

jk :lol: Is he a real musician or a bass player like you? :-k

:dance:

Hal-9000
02-11-2015, 08:11 PM
:burn: :lol:

Goofy
02-11-2015, 08:12 PM
And on topic - surely if your girlfriend mentions she's been looking up suicide techniques then you make sure she gets help :nuts:

deebakes
02-12-2015, 03:01 AM
I'm 39, unmarried with no kids. I look at all of my married friends who have children and I couldn't be any happier with my current state.

preach! :lol:

deebakes
02-12-2015, 03:01 AM
she didn't look too shabby, i would have shoved it in there a few times :shrug:

RBP
02-12-2015, 03:49 AM
she didn't look too shabby, i would have shoved it in there a few times :shrug:

I am sure that would have done wonders for her self esteem. :lol:

deebakes
02-12-2015, 03:55 AM
i'm really a giver :idk:

RBP