PDA

View Full Version : Coalition backs campaign to boycott ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’

Teh One Who Knocks
02-13-2015, 03:57 PM
By Chris Jose - FOX 31 Denver

http://i.imgur.com/KIUCmNl.jpg

DENVER — “Fifty Shades of Grey” is premiering at movie theaters across Colorado, but it doesn’t come without controversy.

The book sold 100 million copies worldwide and the movie is projected to make $60 million through the Presidents Day holiday weekend.

But there’s also a campaign against the movie, with the hashtag #50DollarsNot50Shades trending on social media.

“This is a really positive campaign I think,” said Amy Pohl with the Colorado Coalition Against Domestic Violence. “It’s saying for whatever reason you chose not to see the film.

“How about we support some of the local domestic violence programs with the money you would have spent on going to the movies, getting a babysitter, going to dinner, that sort of thing?”

While “Fifty Shades of Grey” will seduce Valentine’s Day weekend moviegoers, the Colorado Coalition Against Domestic Violence says it’s also important to have a conversation about the true message the movie conveys.

During a special premiere Thursday night at the Alamo Draft House in Littleton, women said it’s about a steamy love story, not about male dominance or domestic violence.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-13-2015, 03:58 PM
:rapeculture:

redred
02-13-2015, 04:27 PM
from the reviews i've read there's no need to boycott it , they make it sound shit :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-13-2015, 04:35 PM
The books were shit, Im sure the movie is shit, all they are doing is to help promote it

deebakes
02-14-2015, 04:11 AM
^ has a ticket for the saturday matinee

:dance:

FBD
02-14-2015, 09:18 PM
I remember my ex explaining the book to me. *yawn* girl meets older guy who's into bondage shit, she tries it out because its dirty, has some fun, ultimately decides she doesnt like it and they go their separate ways. booooo-ring! :dance:

me, I couldnt get into that bondage shit. I couldnt smack a woman or beat her, especially if I was about to bang 'er. I was with a chick that liked it rough once and honestly it was just.....fucking weird. yeah! hahahahaha that was the chick that yelled at me oh yeah! fuck that pussy! and I almost lost me chub I was trying so hard not to burst out laughing at her :rofl:

fuggin weird ass californians :lol: