PDA

View Full Version : Lance Armstrong given $10m bill after losing lawsuit

Goofy
02-16-2015, 06:12 PM
http://i.imgur.com/7MfKtuv.jpg

Lance Armstrong given $10m bill after losing lawsuit

Lance Armstrong must pay $10m (£6.51m) in damages after losing a lawsuit with insurance firm SCA Promotions Inc.

In 2006 Armstrong, 43, received $7.5m (£4.88m) in payments from SCA relating to his seven Tour de France victories.

Armstrong admitted to doping and was found to have lied in proceedings.

SCA said: "The award, which must be paid directly to SCA, is believed to be the largest award of sanctions assessed against an individual in American judicial history."

"According to the arbitrators' written ruling, the sanctions award punishes Armstrong for 'an unparalleled pageant of international perjury, fraud and conspiracy'," the company added.

Armstrong testified in the proceedings, which took place almost 10 years after an initial hearing which found in his favour after he gave evidence under oath.

"SCA's dispute with Armstrong is not over," said SCA.

"It has a currently pending lawsuit in Dallas state district court where it is pursuing additional claims against Lance Armstrong and Bill Stapleton (Armstrong's agent)."

:haha:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-16-2015, 06:38 PM
:haha:

Hugh_Janus
02-16-2015, 06:58 PM
as soon as he said "I've never tested positive for banned substances" I knew he cheated

perrhaps
02-16-2015, 07:50 PM
He's going to have to deliver a lot of newspapers to pay this off.

Hal-9000
02-16-2015, 08:13 PM
as soon as he said "I've never tested positive for banned substances" I knew he cheated

I remember a few discussions here...

Did they ever remove all of his yellow winning jerseys?

FBD
02-16-2015, 10:12 PM
Might as well have said "I am fully confident my cheating will remain undetected, because we were really careful"