PDA

View Full Version : Investor: Putin could be world’s richest man with stolen $200B fortune

PorkChopSandwiches
02-16-2015, 09:01 PM
Vladimir Putin might be the richest man on earth.

The Russian president stole billions from his country’s war chest and stashed it away in secret accounts, according to a man who was once that country’s largest foreign investor.
Bill Browder, CEO of Hermitage Capital Management, estimates Putin’s net worth at $200 billion. That would make Putin more than twice as wealthy as Bill Gates, who, with a fortune of $79.2 billion, is the world’s richest person.

“The amount of money that hasn’t been spent on [Russian] schools and roads and hospitals and so on, all that money is in property, Swiss bank accounts, shares, hedge funds,” Browder said.

DemonGeminiX
02-16-2015, 09:03 PM
I wonder if the Russians are actually getting tired of his shit yet.

:-k

PorkChopSandwiches
02-16-2015, 09:07 PM
IDK, it seems we would be sick of our government, but we haven't done shit either

Hal-9000
02-16-2015, 09:29 PM
So if they're aware of this guy blatantly hoarding that much dough destined for infrastructure needs...why doesn't someone step in and make some changes?

:facepalm: just read the post above, nvm

Hal-9000
02-16-2015, 09:30 PM
Putin got any children? :-s

8-[

FBD
02-16-2015, 10:19 PM
I wonder if the Russians are actually getting tired of his shit yet.

:-k

judging by his 75%+ approval rating over there, I'd say they're not.

NATO and Israel are sure as hell getting sick of his shit though. shit as in not letting NATO and Israel get away with whatever shit they feel like getting away with.

DemonGeminiX
02-16-2015, 11:07 PM
judging by his 75%+ approval rating over there, I'd say they're not.

Do you mean the approval rating reported by the Russian government controlled media? Because they don't have freedom of press over there.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-16-2015, 11:20 PM
Do you mean the approval rating reported by the Russian government controlled media? Because they don't have freedom of press over there.

Are you saying that Saddam Hussein winning re-election with a 99% yes vote wasn't real either? :-s

DemonGeminiX
02-17-2015, 12:31 AM
Are you saying that Saddam Hussein winning re-election with a 99% yes vote wasn't real either? :-s

Yeah, that was just a tad hokie.

Hal-9000
02-17-2015, 05:12 AM
seems like he's .....Putin on the Ritz :dance:

:coat:

FBD
02-17-2015, 01:05 PM

as compared to over here, with the approval ratings of congress and the president....those are even remotely accurate?? :lol: how about the jobs numbers, GDP, etc, etc, etc...

glass houses, there will be a revolution here before there.