PDA

View Full Version : Is mons pubis the new thigh gap? Small bump of flesh on the pubic bone is latest body part to hate..and you can even get SURGERY to reduce it

Teh One Who Knocks
02-18-2015, 12:20 PM
By Bianca London for MailOnline

First came the 'thigh gap' trend, which demands legs so thin that they do not touch above the knees, gained momentum.

Then came the 'bikini bridge', described as 'when bikini bottoms are suspended between the two hip bones, causing a space between the bikini and the lower abdomen.'

But with a new year, comes a new body part to hate - and fix. Make way for the 'mon pubis', which refers to the mound of flesh on the pubic bone.

http://i.imgur.com/8koD6Zq.png

Writing in The New York Times, Jennifer Weiner explains: 'This year, the hot new body part is the formerly unnoticed span of flesh between the top of one's panties and the labia majora, currently displayed on the cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition by the model Hannah Davis.

'Great! Another thing to hate about ourselves.'

The hashtag #Monspubis is already starting to do the rounds on Twitter and there are plenty of forums dedicated to women who can air their insecurities about the body part.

There's even a cosmetic surgery procedure to fix it.

Monsplasty, also called Pubic Lift is a surgical procedure used to reduce and tighten the mons pubis.

http://i.imgur.com/su4kPFY.png

According to Davinciplastic.com, the area in question often becomes overly large with weight gain, childbirth or normal ageing.

The treatment apparently reduces the sagging skin and tightens remaining muscle and tissue to create an improved appearance.

Celebrity skincare guru Jamie Sherrill, who runs skincare line Nurse Jamie, uses non-invasive ways to create a monsplasty effect including using infrared thermal energy - Thermage.

Jamie says the treatment uses focused radio‐frequency energy to 'strengthen collagen in your skin for a smooth, sleek look that can help you feel years younger'.

http://i.imgur.com/L26cRKs.png

Speaking about the treatment, Dr. Ernest Guillem M.B.B.S (Lond.), of ‘Marbella Cosmetic High Care Group’, said: 'Monsplasty is a posh word for the removal of suprapubic fat. Not to be confused with lower abbdominoplasty or tummy tuck, it can also occur in men and women who have been overweight and have lost a considerable amount of weight.

'Women seek it because they are on the eternal quest for perfection. With women being constantly bombarded with images in the media of perfect bodies and the current trend of designer abs, abs have never been more visible and more revered.

'You can treat this area with radio frequency assisted lipo suction, which also tightens everything up preventing post-operative loose skin and minimises scarring. Cases resulting from significant weight changes might need surgical correction under general anaesthesia involving the removal of excessive skin

'It is a walk-in-walk-out treatment with negligible downtime requiring the wearing of compression pants for six weeks. The cost would be approximately £1485. More serious cases need hospital admission and general anaesthesia and therefore the costs are considerably higher with scars healing over a period of ten days.;

Dr Guillem says it is becoming very fashionable and popular at his clinic in the Costa del Sol where women are spending a lot of time on the beach.

The latest body insecurity comes after the 'bikini bridge' became a social media trend last year.

There were even facetious comments posted promoting the 'benefits' of possessing a 'bikini bridge' such as 'fitting an iPod into your bikini bridge' and 'getting a smoother tan line from your bikini bridge'.

Speaking to MailOnline at the time, body image and wellbeing expert Katie Lowe said: 'The bikini bridge is just another example of horrendous thinspiration that encourages young women to develop poor body image and self-esteem.

'Images like this used to be constrained to pro-anorexia websites - which are themselves dangerous, damaging communities for young men and women to encourage disordered eating behaviours.

'Bikini bridge or otherwise, we need to learn that bodies are beautiful in all shapes and sizes - and encouraging young women to strive towards something like this is an unhealthy result of a body shaming culture.'

PorkChopSandwiches
02-18-2015, 12:58 PM
:wank:

Hal-9000
02-18-2015, 05:48 PM
I do like the bikini bridge..

PorkChopSandwiches
02-18-2015, 05:56 PM
I do like the bikini bridge..

http://i.imgur.com/dnUl5MW.jpg

Hal-9000
02-18-2015, 05:57 PM