02-18-2015, 05:53 PM
guy in the red truck isn't playin around after that shit happens :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-18-2015, 06:09 PM
Found the story behind it:

92-Year-Old Driver Hits Nine Cars In Under A Minute
By Amanda Andrade - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/rx5x2Sp.jpg

A 92-year-old driver smashed his car into nine vehicles in a parking lot in Maryville, Wisconsin Feb. 13.

Russell Kerr was buying a Valentine’s Day card for his wife of 58 years when the parking lot catastrophe ensued.

"My first thought was, ‘You only see these situations when someone is trying to elude police or in incidents of road rage,’” Mayville Police Chief Christopher MacNeill told WISN. "His foot got stuck on the accelerator, and from that point, he panicked and lost control of his vehicle.”

Two out of the nine vehicles were occupied when Kerr hit them with his vehicle in the minute-long spree.

“What are you going to do? There isn't much you can say. It just happens. I was just glad no one got hurt,” Kerr said.

Kerr will not be cited, nor will he have his license revoked - local police don’t have that authority. The accident report will be sent to the Department of Motor Vehicles, who will determine if he needs to be retested to stay on the road.

Kerr’s accident caused about $2,400 worth of damage, but he tried to have a sense of humor about it.

On the bottom of his wife’s Valentine’s Day card, he acknowledged his mistake. “I wrote, 'I love you' on the bottom. 'P.S. Sorry about your car,’” Kerr said.

Hal-9000
02-18-2015, 06:48 PM
he won't be cited?

my sister in law was driving down a large hill, looked in the rearview and saw a cabbie hitting cars on either side of the street like a pinball game behind her...he eventually rear ended her as well. Turns out the cabbie was having a stroke and went to hospital.

that's the ONLY reason for something like this IMO

FBD
02-18-2015, 06:53 PM
time to lose the keys pops. your foot got stuck but the sticking part is you ol brain. my unc's wife has her keys taken same way, jitters and whaled a car in reverse :lol:

Hal-9000
02-18-2015, 07:09 PM
time to lose the keys pops. your foot got stuck but the sticking part is you ol brain. my unc's wife has her keys taken same way, jitters and whaled a car in reverse :lol:

yeah clipping one car is an accident...he was accelerating all over the place at random times and causing mayhem.

I think my Dad said he has to get tested every year now because he's past 80...

Noilly Pratt
02-18-2015, 07:18 PM
Gas pedal stuck? He was able to back out, then put it in a forward gear, then back up again. Put it in neutral - crisis over, and only 1 car bashed.

We just got my 91 year old father in law to give up his keys...the bodyshop, when my sis-in-law got a quote to fix the cosmetic scrapes for his Impala, quipped "well, at least he left the left front fender alone". Thankfully most were just hitting poles where he parks. He did back into another car whilst parallel parking which forced us to act. Minor damage all 'round thankfully.

We've arranged for Taxi vouchers and for his regular trips to places, we've got what's called a "HandiDart" so he's well covered. Taking away freedom is tough, but we needed to intervene before he was on a YouTube video...